997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Where do you live in RI?

Old 03-03-2007, 04:53 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SCM3

Yes it is, anyone with the money to spend on cars would buy a M3 over a 325, plain and simple. Same thing here.
Another example of flawed logic... I suppose GT3 and GT3RS owners don't have enough money to buy a Turbo, either?

Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Two different animals though. One is a track car and the other is a GT cruiser. Apples and oranges. Given the choice with primarily street duties, I would take the TT all day long.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:04 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Where do you live in RI?
North Providence, but I have to admit it is nice in the summer in Newport and The Coast Guard in Narragansett

Old 03-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Two different animals though. One is a track car and the other is a GT cruiser. Apples and oranges. Given the choice with primarily street duties, I would take the TT all day long.
Using your logic, when the 997TTS (with more horsepowers) comes out, then all current 997TT owners (and car nuts) should immediately upgrade their cars because it will be stupid for them not to.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Using your logic, when the 997TTS (with more horsepowers) comes out, then all current 997TT owners (and car nuts) should immediately upgrade their cars because it will be stupid for them not to.
What are you talking about? Are you even following this thread or did you just jump right in after my post?

Someone commented about the whole finance argument and GT3/RS owners.

Actually, here is the post I was referring to....

Another example of flawed logic... I suppose GT3 and GT3RS owners don't have enough money to buy a Turbo, either?

My response was saying that GT3 and TT owners are usually two different type of enthousiasts with two different ideas of how their sports car should behave. Therefore, trying to apply the "you couldn't afford it so you got a lesser model doesn't really fit when comapring GT cars and TT's. Are you with me now?

Old 03-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
What are you talking about? Are you even following this thread or did you just jump right in after my post?

Someone commented about the whole finance argument and GT3/RS owners.

Actually, here is the post I was referring to....

My response was saying that GT3 and TT owners are usually two different type of enthousiasts with two different ideas of how their sports car should behave. Therefore, trying to apply the "you couldn't afford it so you got a lesser model doesn't really fit when comapring GT cars and TT's. Are you with me now?

Hi Deputydog95,

I apologize to you as I may have misunderstood your post.

Yes I have been following this thread and still felt that having money and needing to buy the highest model of one car is mutually exclusive to each other. As a matter for thought, the money part should not even be considered sometimes.

The real question is "do we really need such a powerful car (997tt)?"

In all these car comparison threads, everyone tried to brag about the performance of their own or dream cars, or how they can modify their cars to beat everyone else. It is fun to read. And that's it. In reality, most of us are not race car drivers. We have no need for powerful cars such as 997TT for city driving. To buy something that we don't need (even if we can afford it) is not called "plain and simple", but it is stupid.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is a horse and we are beating it...

Call PETA.