997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:08 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
Lmaooo... first of all thats me in the 997S.. second of all that M3 has SS headers, SS straight pipes, SS mufflers, Grupe M intake, pulleys, 4:10 gears, shrick cams, dyno tune, vanos tune, short shifter, no sunroof, manual seats, full lightweight body kit, light weight wheels,......
with regards to your orginal post:

Lmao too funny, first posting a vid in which i was the one in the C2S trying to claim that that a 997S and an m3 are a close race, not knowing that the M3 is HEAVELY modded, then posting a race of a 997S losing to a 996tt which is even more HEAVELY a modded.

I had no idea the M3 was modded. But in all fairness, what does all that really add up to HP wise on an NA car that is pretty maxed out as it is?

I wasn't trying to fool anyone with the TT video. I posted that it was modded. However, i wouldn't really consider that TT heavily modded. If it's an X50, all you need is a flash , intake, and exhaust to see those kind of crank HP numbers.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:33 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
with regards to your orginal post:

Lmao too funny, first posting a vid in which i was the one in the C2S trying to claim that that a 997S and an m3 are a close race, not knowing that the M3 is HEAVELY modded, then posting a race of a 997S losing to a 996tt which is even more HEAVELY a modded.

I had no idea the M3 was modded. But in all fairness, what does all that really add up to HP wise on an NA car that is pretty maxed out as it is?

I wasn't trying to fool anyone with the TT video. I posted that it was modded. However, i wouldn't really consider that TT heavily modded. If it's an X50, all you need is a flash , intake, and exhaust to see those kind of crank HP numbers.
I went with the M3 owner to every dyno he went to after each of his mods, from when he was stock to all the mods he has now, He gained around 30 whp with all those mods and plenty of midrange whp,, and his 4:10 gearing help him tons, plus with his car being lighter them most M3's helped alot also.. My car has sunroof and power seats, his car has none of that plus light weight bodykit, wheels , battery, etc,.

And as far as the race between the modded tt vs the 997S, all a tt needs is a chip to be considered heavely modded, and it even says that it has 550 + hp

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
At the end of the day torque is torque and the 996TT has ALOT more TORQUE over the 997S, end of story. You guys are dreaming if you think a 997S can hang with a properly tuned/driven 996TT, physics is physics, end of story

Christian

Old 02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Here is what happens to a stock M3 against a stock 997S... let me add that the 997S had only about 1600 on the clock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmMbVPf-88E
I just uploaded the vid so give it some time

Old 02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
At the end of the day torque is torque and the 996TT has ALOT more TORQUE over the 997S, end of story. You guys are dreaming if you think a 997S can hang with a properly tuned/driven 996TT, physics is physics, end of story

Christian
Hp wins races, tq is not as much of a factor, inless towing something during the race or going uphill.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
That's not true, 0-100 torque is more important

Christian

Hp wins races, tq is not as much of a factor, inless towing something during the race or going uphill.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Christian
That's not true, 0-100 torque is more important

Christian
yes but that could also be said about weight and gearing, and the 997S has the advantage there. That is why the 0-60 times are very close and the 1/4 mile times are not ridiculously faster on the 996tt.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Banned
911_997S is infamous around these parts

you guys are funny.

i didnt post this to start an argument.

on that day my car beat that turbo with that driver, end of story.

some cars come weak from the factory, some are "special".

i dont know anything about that tt, maybe it was even an auto, i dunno.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oqJSy2iW7Ps

that is my video, that tt started a gear higher than me (2nd v. 3rd). however, it has 550+hp as i said in the description and my car had less than 400mi on it. plus i was with my brother in the car (400 or so lbs) and the tt driver is a skinny ****er who was alone.

im in la, if anyone wants to run a stock 996tt, im down, just for comparison purposes, i dont mind losing drag races.

btw,

some of you asked what my car had....
by pass pipes and hre c22's (the car is more responsive w/ the hre's in the first 2 gears)

Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
StrtSwpr - you're in SoCal right? I'm sure there are plenty of tt owner's out there that are members here. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and run a member's tt?

You will be anywhere from .50 to .75 seconds behind in a quarter mile race with a bone stock 996tt. On the top end, it will get real ugly. Facts are facts. You have a great car. Be happy with it but don't kid yourself.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:54 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
what are you talking about? a honda s2000 is a perfect example of why torque (or the lack of it) make a big difference. have you ever seen a S2000 or a WRX try to do a roll on on the highway? it ain't pretty

i'll give you another example. i raced a saleen mustang recently. our cars make similar HP. his car made way more torque. he pulled me each time.

when my car was stock, i raced a stock TT. actually several. they beat me each and every time. the S has 30 or so more HP than my car. big deal. it's still a big deficit compared to the TT's HP and torque.

as i said before, there have to be a million TT owners on this board in So Cal. go over to the TT section and set it up.

it's kind of ironic that both videos i found happen to the two guys in this thread

as far as that TT being heavily modded, i'll still disagree. if you add custom cams, k24 hyrbrids, custom ecu tuning, etc... that's heavy modding. going down to your local dealer and getting your car flashed in about 20 mins is not. they're just unlocking HP that was there from the factory.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:18 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
agreed - dont kid yourself

Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
The Z06 would kick both of your asses...

Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tblackj
. . . . . . . . . .

Old 02-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tblackj
Until the roof flies off and the brakes fail... LOL

Welcome back Russ and Thomas...

Back on topic - I have to agree with Deputy Dog - there's no way a stock 997S is beating a stock 996TT. I can beat on M3s all day, but the TT is a different story.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
rosesplus is infamous around these parts
Why do the 997S drivers have to be the ones with the camera,..
Because it's very difficult for a 996TT driver to take a video of a 997S disappearing in the rear vision mirror.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally....997S v. 996tt