997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007 | 11:32 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
exactly -0 funny

Old 02-27-2007 | 12:03 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rosesplus
Because it's very difficult for a 996TT driver to take a video of a 997S disappearing in the rear vision mirror.
i dont think ill be dissapearing in anybodys mirror

Old 02-27-2007 | 12:42 PM
NaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really niceNaplesBound is just really nice
Ya well thats cause your not NA... your "special" with a whine..

Old 02-27-2007 | 02:34 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nyseal
i dont think ill be dissapearing in anybodys mirror
Right. That's what I'm thinking too. I'd love to run a TT. LOVE to run a TT. 997TT even. Just want to know. One thing though, I think some of you guys are pushing on the ridiculous and uncool. This dude started this saying something HAPPENED. You all are telling him to stop dreaming and all that. He said it happened. Is it possible? Yes. Maybe the TT really didn't know he was running. Maybe the TT guy had a chick's head in his lap. Don't know. But I think we can't beat up on this guy.

On the other hand, if there's a TT, 996 or 997, modded or not, around Western NC or Charlotte, I'd love to run. I'm not saying I'd win, or "I'll teach you a lesson". I just want to know. I've put money in this car and want to know how it all weighs out. Takers? I'm actually most interested in racing a 997TT. If I lose really badly, I'm trading........

Old 02-27-2007 | 03:33 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
In all fairness the M3 in the 997s video even with all the mods on it couldnt beat a m3 with just gears.

Old 02-27-2007 | 03:36 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by caymanSuper
me too, nice race..
Umm

BMW m3- Horsepower Freaks Turbo Kit (641 rwhp)

in your sig

?

Old 02-27-2007 | 04:07 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JohnnyD
He must have been in the wrong gear as in one or more gears higher than you.

Gear for gear, there is ZERO chance a 997 or 997S is gonna take a TT. BTW, I own a 997S and would like it to be true but I know better.
agreed ............

Old 02-27-2007 | 04:36 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
In all fairness the M3 in the 997s video even with all the mods on it couldnt beat a m3 with just gears.
huh??? i am getting a headache just trying to figure out what you're getting at there

997 aside, are you saying that a stock m3 with gears is faster than a stock geared m3 with exhaust, cams, intake, chip, etc....

if that's the case, i would definitely agree with you. mods on NA cars are about worthless for actual significant performance gains.

Old 02-27-2007 | 04:49 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
n
Originally Posted by deputydog95
huh??? i am getting a headache just trying to figure out what you're getting at there

997 aside, are you saying that a stock m3 with gears is faster than a stock geared m3 with exhaust, cams, intake, chip, etc....

if that's the case, i would definitely agree with you. mods on NA cars are about worthless for actual significant performance gains.
I think thats what he means.

Old 02-27-2007 | 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by NaplesBound
Ya well thats cause your not NA... your "special" with a whine..
Id like to see a stage 2/3 996TT vs a 997S SC'd. I bet the 996TT would be on top again.

Old 02-27-2007 | 06:57 PM

Yes sorry.

The M3 in that video has been in lots of racing scenarios, with all of the mods on it, it truely doesnt make much better power then stock. Another M3 with just gears beat him. He actually is going the SC route now. I also heard that same M3 with just gears was even with a 977S (GIAC chip and straight pipes).

Old 02-27-2007 | 07:44 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
StrtSwpr - you're in SoCal right? I'm sure there are plenty of tt owner's out there that are members here. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and run a member's tt?

You will be anywhere from .50 to .75 seconds behind in a quarter mile race with a bone stock 996tt. On the top end, it will get real ugly. Facts are facts. You have a great car. Be happy with it but don't kid yourself.
First of all relax... Did I once ever say that a 997S can take a 996tt,I have said this numerous times, I 997S will straight up lose to a 996tt, my argument is only, and only that it will not be as bad of a defeat as most tt owners think and claim it is. How bad a is "not bad of a defeat" you ask: A race from about 20 mph(1st gear), 40 mph (2nd gear) to about 100 mph or so the tt will be about 1 car length infront.

Old 02-27-2007 | 07:49 PM
what are you talking about? a honda s2000 is a perfect example of why torque (or the lack of it) make a big difference. have you ever seen a S2000 or a WRX try to do a roll on on the highway? it ain't pretty

i'll give you another example. i raced a saleen mustang recently. our cars make similar HP. his car made way more torque. he pulled me each time.

when my car was stock, i raced a stock TT. actually several. they beat me each and every time. the S has 30 or so more HP than my car. big deal. it's still a big deficit compared to the TT's HP and torque.

as i said before, there have to be a million TT owners on this board in So Cal. go over to the TT section and set it up.

it's kind of ironic that both videos i found happen to the two guys in this thread

as far as that TT being heavily modded, i'll still disagree. if you add custom cams, k24 hyrbrids, custom ecu tuning, etc... that's heavy modding. going down to your local dealer and getting your car flashed in about 20 mins is not. they're just unlocking HP that was there from the factory.
I was right with a SC cobra on the freeway, does that not have wya more power and even more TQ then my car. ther are to many factors to consider then jsut to base it on power alone. Ive easily taken GTO's, various types of mustangs, corvettes(C5's C6's) all in which have more power. Another example of a car that was beat with way more power was a RS4, I ran one a couple weeks ago and put 2 cars on it on the freeway, and this was only to about 115

Last edited by StrtSwpr996; 02-27-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2007 | 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by SCM3
Yes sorry.

The M3 in that video has been in lots of racing scenarios, with all of the mods on it, it truely doesnt make much better power then stock. Another M3 with just gears beat him. He actually is going the SC route now. I also heard that same M3 with just gears was even with a 977S (GIAC chip and straight pipes).
If your talking about Drew, I beat him, im sure hell back me up on this. And Sev did not have all the mods he has now when he was side by side with drew.

Old 02-27-2007 | 09:25 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
I was right with a SC cobra on the freeway, does that not have wya more power and even more TQ then my car. ther are to many factors to consider then jsut to base it on power alone. Ive easily taken GTO's, various types of mustangs, corvettes(C5's C6's) all in which have more power. Another example of a car that was beat with way more power was a RS4, I ran one a couple weeks ago and put 2 cars on it on the freeway, and this was only to about 115
you are a lucky guy. you apparently got the world's fastest 997S

all kidding aside, what other factors would you have to consider with highway roll ons? your car is as piggy as they get. well, not quite. i'm sure mine is even heavier it's not like you're at 2700 pounds and your low weight will compensate for your lack of HP and torque. as long as both cars start in their preferred gear and they mash it to the floor, seems like if they were similar weights the higher HP/torque car would win. i'm not sure what else your basing your secret weapon for street racing victories on

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally....997S v. 996tt