997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
Id like to see a stage 2/3 996TT vs a 997S SC'd. I bet the 996TT would be on top again.
well, i haven't had the chance to run a stock TT since putting the blower on mine. if i had to guess, i'd say i'd beat a stocker and could hang with a stage 1 or 2. like i said before, i decimated a 997S. and since some people say a 997S is faster than a TT... ergo my car is faster than both

i did race woolyg with his protomotive stage 4. we ran from about 50 to well, let's just say pretty fast

from the jump, i actually started to pull on him. however, shortly after those monster turbos spooled up, cya.... he pulled my by at least four car lengths. afterwards he said he started in too high a gear so I'm sure it would have been even worse had he selected the proper gear.

maybe there is some truth to the TT guys always picking the wrong gear

Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
DEputy=jealous.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tblackj
The Z06 would kick both of your asses...
Or M3;s that go PSHH!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 09:51 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
DEputy=jealous.
Bring it hula boy

Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Like I said earlier, torque is torque and physics is physics

Christian

Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deputydog95
you are a lucky guy. you apparently got the world's fastest 997S

all kidding aside, what other factors would you have to consider with highway roll ons? your car is as piggy as they get. well, not quite. i'm sure mine is even heavier it's not like you're at 2700 pounds and your low weight will compensate for your lack of HP and torque. as long as both cars start in their preferred gear and they mash it to the floor, seems like if they were similar weights the higher HP/torque car would win. i'm not sure what else your basing your secret weapon for street racing victories on
LOL yeah it would sure be great if i did have the fastest 997S but I know thats not the case, although it might be one of the fastest ,,ha.

Anyway..As far as comparing the 997S and the tt and what are some factors to consider, ther are a few. Although power is the biggest factor, Torque is the most significant starting at lower speeds. On highway rolls TQ does not come into play as much because the cars already have about 100mph momentum. As far weight goes, although not as much of a factor on the highway the 200 lb difference will still make a difference, even though the tt more then makes up for its weight with is TQ its still something to consider. Gearing is a big factor on highway rolls, and the 997S has a slight advantage there. So putting everything together the 996tt is cleary overpowering the 997S as far as power, but with all the other little things considered it wont be a kill worth of 50 + hp and 100 TQ.

Hopefully this made some sense

Last edited by StrtSwpr996; 02-27-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:07 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I've had freeway rolls with a Supercharged e36 M3, Audi S4 and a Supercharged Mustang cobra with mods. I killed the m3 (as expected), passed the S4, and kept at the same pace with the cobra mustang. I admit that the Carrera S is not the fastest, but it sure has given a lot of other cars a good run for the money!

Let's get a stocker 996tt on video already! I want to see it from a dig and a roll!

How different are the quarter mile times and trap speeds for both cars bone stock, anyway?

Old 02-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I've kept a couple of my friends' modded Evos at bay, but I didn't buy the Carrera S because it was the fastest. I love it for so many other reasons...

Old 02-28-2007, 07:45 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
This site has a lot of info from the mags.

http://www.weissach.net/996-997_RoadTestSummary.html

Originally Posted by spyder997s
I've had freeway rolls with a Supercharged e36 M3, Audi S4 and a Supercharged Mustang cobra with mods. I killed the m3 (as expected), passed the S4, and kept at the same pace with the cobra mustang. I admit that the Carrera S is not the fastest, but it sure has given a lot of other cars a good run for the money!

Let's get a stocker 996tt on video already! I want to see it from a dig and a roll!

How different are the quarter mile times and trap speeds for both cars bone stock, anyway?

Old 02-28-2007, 08:36 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCM3
Id like to see a stage 2/3 996TT vs a 997S SC'd. I bet the 996TT would be on top again.
I can set this up... Probably in a couple of days. As a matter of fact, I'll have the vid up this weekend.

MexicoBlew... I'm calling your *** out!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tblackj
I can set this up... Probably in a couple of days. As a matter of fact, I'll have the vid up this weekend.

MexicoBlew... I'm calling your *** out!!!
OH MAN I love it. Lets get this out there guys. This is too much. We should pay per view this hehe

Old 02-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Bring it hula boy
Hey don't knock the skirt. It provides easy access for my co pilot. Also it keeps my legs cool when I am stomping supercharged and turbo porsches in my 997s.

Byron

Old 02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
I have to say that I am amazed at how it seems the only measure of a car (no matter what forum you are on) is how it performs in a drag race.

Is that why anyone buys a 997S? I have several other cars in my garage that will beat up on my 997S in a drag race but they can't hold a candle to this car in all around performance and enjoyment to drive.

I could easily afford a 997 Turbo but I honestly see no reason to spend all the extra $$ when to me this car is so perfect for the street. In fact I broke my dealers heart the other day (when he called me and told me he could get me a Turbo much quicker the normal wait if I wanted) and I said I just couldn't see why. I love my S.

I too have raced several 996TTs and stayed much closer than expected yet everyone here seems to think that is a lie. Why would I lie? Why would anyone else?

If I really wanted to beat him I can just go home and get one of my 10 second Mustangs and blow his doors off. However, I would still rather drive the 997S.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mricorp
I have to say that I am amazed at how it seems the only measure of a car (no matter what forum you are on) is how it performs in a drag race.

Is that why anyone buys a 997S? I have several other cars in my garage that will beat up on my 997S in a drag race but they can't hold a candle to this car in all around performance and enjoyment to drive.

I could easily afford a 997 Turbo but I honestly see no reason to spend all the extra $$ when to me this car is so perfect for the street. In fact I broke my dealers heart the other day (when he called me and told me he could get me a Turbo much quicker the normal wait if I wanted) and I said I just couldn't see why. I love my S.

I too have raced several 996TTs and stayed much closer than expected yet everyone here seems to think that is a lie. Why would I lie? Why would anyone else?

If I really wanted to beat him I can just go home and get one of my 10 second Mustangs and blow his doors off. However, I would still rather drive the 997S.
Amen, brother... I agree 100%. I really had an urge for the TT, but at the end of the day, I love the way my car feels (and I would never be able to use that extra 130hp), and I don't feel like eating $30K for the experience.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Hey don't knock the skirt. It provides easy access for my co pilot. Also it keeps my legs cool when I am stomping supercharged and turbo porsches in my 997s.

Byron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally....997S v. 996tt