997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mricorp
Yeah Dude, your absolutely right..............we are all just kidding ourselves.
Man... I hope we can make it to the welfare line in time today. Hopefully they'll pass out more gov-ment cheese...

Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Man... I hope we can make it to the welfare line in time today. Hopefully they'll pass out more gov-ment cheese...
Hahahahaha

Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 AM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Save some for me!!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
So what you guys are saying is that if money were no object, ie: you had more than the Sultan of Brunei... you would still buy the 997S over the 997TT? That is what you guys are saying...

Am I reading this right?

Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
look i don't think with most of theese guys it was a money issue.i think it was a personal prefrence.personally i got the c4s becuase they did'nt make a turbo for 06 and i did'nt want to wait thats all.def not the money....think about....... it its only a couple of hundred more a month.i think theese guys had a personal prefrence.
ok if i was the prince of brunei .....mmmmm id probably get the cgt

Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not judging, just want to make sure I am reading everyone correctly. Also, the CGT is not an option.

If money were no object would you get the 997S or the 997TT? No options, no mod factors, no superchargers, nothing but the car. Which would you pick?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tblackj
I'm not judging, just want to make sure I am reading everyone correctly. Also, the CGT is not an option.

If money were no object would you get the 997S or the 997TT? No options, no mod factors, no superchargers, nothing but the car. Which would you pick?
If money was no object (meaning no concern to insurance costs, maintenance, etc.), then I might go for the TT. However, considering I can't use the extra power where I live, and the fact that long-term ownership is twice as expensive as the S, it plays a part. The point is that the sticker on the car is not the deterrent (for me, at least). I even contemplated taking the hit on my car's depreciation and getting a turbo, but I can't see it being worth it or even desirable. Finally, I think the Carrera S is so good-looking - so clean, so classic.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by JohnnyD
Seems like that guys statement about money hit a nerve with some members here. Wonder why it's such a big deal to them? Getting all defensive about it just makes it look like he's right. If it weren't the case, you shouldn't have anything to get defensive about.
You're right, Mr. Trump... we should just know our place and be quiet.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Just remember guys, there will always be someone faster than you. For example running a Mustang is like a box of chocolates.."you don't know what you are going to get". This is Evolution Performance 07 Shelby GT 500..with only $4k in mods its running now low 9's in the 1320..and it will do it all day without breaking anything...

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/9.wmv

I almost got one of these..but the ADM's stopped me, very happy with my 997S decision.

Dave

Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Old 03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Chris, sorry, that's right, you must be a baller with that 997S and A3.
Let's do some math, smart guy:

911 = $100K

A3 = $33K

$100K + $33K = $133K...

Last time I checked, I could get a nicely-optioned 997TT for $133K. Get a life, please.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Black-S for me because maui does not have the roads.

Byron

Old 03-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Chris, I am sure with a stable of two such fine automobiles that you are the envy of everyone.
That's the point - I am not trying to be anyone's envy. That's why I don't buy cars just because it's the most expensive version...

Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Wow.....Now its words like envy, baller,etc. Guys need to lighten up. Really is our status that important. Do we all need to be ballers or whatever stupid name is associated with owning a car. Whos the hell cares and do we need to brag and name call? Come on guys we are not in grade school.

Johnny I guess you are the truest baller of them all. Lighten up and enjoy life.

Byron

Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Chris, I am sure with a stable of two such fine automobiles that you are the envy of everyone.
thats just a stupid comment.
as for striking a nerve not me buddy i was just saying i did not think money was such an issue and that if guys are saying they prefer a 997s for whatever reason we should take their word period.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally....997S v. 996tt