997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally....997S v. 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Byron,

This thread can go on forever because there are a few posters here that have absolutely NO concept about money. They feel that 997S owners do not buy a 997TT because we cannot afford one.

As far as I'm concern, cars are 100% depreciable items and in my case represent less than 1% of my asset. I can buy a Carrera GT and still will not put a dent in my asset. I know the 997TT is a faster and better handling car than my 997S without even test driving it. But like you, I have no need and no desire for a 997TT other than the status symbol.

I know people that have way more assets than me that drive happily in their Toyota Camry.

Cheers and Happy Motoring.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:12 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tblackj
I'm not judging, just want to make sure I am reading everyone correctly. Also, the CGT is not an option.

If money were no object would you get the 997S or the 997TT? No options, no mod factors, no superchargers, nothing but the car. Which would you pick?
ok like i said had the 997tt been available in 2006 i would have gotten a tt.and i know that cgt was not an option but if im the sulttan of brunei i can do what ever the f### i want therfore i choose a cgt

Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Hey Byron,

This thread can go on forever because there are a few posters here that have absolutely NO concept about money. They feel that 997S owners do not buy a 997TT because we cannot afford one.

As far as I'm concern, cars are 100% depreciable items and in my case represent less than 1% of my asset. I can buy a Carrera GT and still will not put a dent in my asset. I know the 997TT is a faster and better handling car than my 997S without even test driving it. But like you, I have no need and no desire for a 997TT other than the status symbol.

I know people that have way more assets than me that drive happily in their Toyota Camry.

Its called ignorance, and why those people say what they do...

Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JohnnyD
Chris, I am sure with a stable of two such fine automobiles that you are the envy of everyone.
What's in your garage moron?

Oh wait....before you answer, let me pull my boots up.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Just remember guys, there will always be someone faster than you. For example running a Mustang is like a box of chocolates.."you don't know what you are going to get".
That is soooooo true!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Hey Byron,

Amen Tim.

Byron

Old 03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Good Lord, this topic has become a ***** measuring contest, leave that to the Lambo guys

Christian

Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, please don't fall victim to the obvious troll.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Christian
Good Lord, this topic has become a ***** measuring contest, leave that to the Lambo guys

Christian
You'll need a micrometer...

Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !

Christian

Originally Posted by Dave07997S
You'll need a micrometer...

Old 03-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Banned
911_997S is infamous around these parts
i dunno what you guys are arguin about, everyone knows:

997 GT3 RS>997 GT3>997S>997tt

turbos are for people that dunno how to drive

Old 03-02-2007, 02:48 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
lol @ this thread and the poeople popping up throwing comments about trolls and ignorance (when truely they are posers) at me.

I didnt mean to make this a whos poor thread. Clearly i was just stating with enough money to buy the higher version of a car (and you are a true car nut) you would definitely buy the higher version. Simple as that, it doesnt mean your poor or stupid.

Hell if it wasnt for the money why didnt you guys get caymans or a regular 997. If the roads are restricting your speeds etc, why not get the slowest p car instead of a 997s.

Lots of you guys are just justifying why you have a 997s and getting very defensive about it, take it easy. I didnt mean any harm.

Last edited by SCM3; 03-02-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:35 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCM3
lol @ this thread and the poeople popping up throwing comments about trolls and ignorance (when truely they are posers) at me.

I didnt mean to make this a whos poor thread. Clearly i was just stating with enough money to buy the higher version of a car (and you are a true car nut) you would definitely buy the higher version. Simple as that, it doesnt mean your poor or stupid.

Hell if it wasnt for the money why didnt you guys get caymans or a regular 997. If the roads are restricting your speeds etc, why not get the slowest p car instead of a 997s.

Lots of you guys are just justifying why you have a 997s and getting very defensive about it, take it easy. I didnt mean any harm.
Taza,
All people just don't think like you, so don't assume that people will always buy the top of the line car just because they have the money. Most people who have a concept of money buy what is reasonable to them and what would make them happy instead of buying the best thing they can afford just because they have the money. I don't blame them for getting defensive about it, you're basically telling them they don't have Turbo's because they can't afford it when it couldn't be further from the truth and that it's based on preference, especially when bragging that your dad or whoever in your household has an S and a TT in the garage and that you'd never sit in the 'S' as if it was some sort of leper. You have an M3 with $$$ put into it so you obviously have the money to spend, but why an e46 M3? If you have so much money, why don't you have a more expensive newer, top of the line car? Oh what is that? Preference?... Ohhhh ok....

Old 03-02-2007, 03:37 AM
///996TTM3 is infamous around these parts
Actually i would think that the majority of people who can afford the 100k 997S can afford or will be able to afford the TT. And i think we all know that, so there is no need to compare the two cars (its like comparing a 325/330 to an M3)
Also there alot of people who think further ahead about their finances and dont want to sacrifice the extra cash (even though they can) for a "higher" version. There is no need to "justify" anything to anyone, alot of the people who purchase such cars purchase them with their own money...not mommy and daddy's.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:50 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Anyone in the bay area want to give it a go, granted im not stock, but not far from it !

er, i meant give it a go in the twisties!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally....997S v. 996tt