997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:13 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Took me about 2 hours to finish but still have some issues.

First the instructions suck, the arrows at one point contradict the next step which caused me some time to correct.

Now i cant get the **** to work/ select the +select feature on the configuration menu.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCM3
Now i cant get the **** to work/ select the +select feature on the configuration menu.
Try pulling the iPod from the connection, then setting the menu. See if that helps.

Is the iPod using the latest software? If not, update it.

What year/model is your Porsche?

Old 04-07-2007, 11:14 AM
W211 is infamous around these parts
Been very pleased with the Dension unit. Just realized I could navigate using the dial instead of the arrow keys alone!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Try pulling the iPod from the connection, then setting the menu. See if that helps.

Is the iPod using the latest software? If not, update it.

What year/model is your Porsche?
I havent tried pulling the Ipod and setting the menu, i will try that today.

The Ipod was just purchased yesterday and its updated.

07 997TT

I used the wire under the navi.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Now its stuck on AUX and i cannot get it out of it. I cant get the +select to work at all.

It wasnt reading the cd changer/ipod the whole morning until now.

This is really frustrating.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by W211
Been very pleased with the Dension unit. Just realized I could navigate using the dial instead of the arrow keys alone!
How did you do that, ive been trying everything but it doesnt work.

I get to the screen that says "Cdfgb" or something like that. Then i use the arrow key to go to +select, i press and hold it but nothing happens.

Old 04-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I reset the unit and now it actually works pretty good.

I can use the ****, its not stuck in AUX anymore, its reading ipod pretty well.

Overall im pretty happy right now.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Havoc'n'Hijinx is infamous around these parts
I cound not get the "Config Menu" to appear using firmware 1.04 and 1.05 for the past few weeks. I had to reload firmware 1.00 and had success toggeling the switch. I might add that i am very good at toggling now.

The question is now, which firmware is the most functional? I may leave on 1.00 until problems arise. Anyone have any info on how the latest firmware has helped any functions?

I am overall very satisfied with this new product and am interested in an improving user interface.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Leave 1.00 on for now, and if you need 1.00 and don't have it, just email me.

1.06 is in testing.

SCM, good to hear it is working better now.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:54 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Wow, a third FW in the works. At least they are trying.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 AM
adasb is infamous around these parts
I see Eric that you don't sell these overseas yet. Anyone know where i can order one to send to New Zealand??

Cheers,
Adam

Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
adasb....email me at eric@bumperplugs.com with your full name/address info, I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 AM
winternj is infamous around these parts
FWIW, mine came with 1.02 from the factory, and has worked great for me.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:35 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Hey Eric, any updates on the firmware? it's been awhile.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:37 PM
So far this thing has worked pretty good!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Issues.