997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:37 PM
TAnthony is infamous around these parts
I installed my Gateway 500 in my C2 - in the trunk on a dry run - and I got it to work with the help of members from this board under another thread - great work guys and thanks again.

I have version 1.00 on the Gateway 500, and I can actually get to the Artist, Album, etc submenus....

Its a little funky with respect to when the tracks show up with two periods or one period - .. or . - before the text, it seems like that indicates some "tentative" nature of the status of the track because I cannot choose that track by pushing the button, without having to go back to the main menu and working my way back to the tracks until the .. or . goes away - then I can select.

In addition, I can't seem to get it to random play.

Only had a half hour to play with it before I had to shut down.....

Looks pretty good at this point, but hope that some of the menus become easier to access with the newer firmware....

I'm going to have a pro installer move it to the center console for convenient access - I think the iPod interface may be easier and faster to use and switching the AUX switch I can get to my CD changer if I buy some on the road to listen to....

Now, off to the Cayenne....

Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
2ndtime is infamous around these parts
Cool Nav tv has problems too

I have the Nav TV unit for about 2 weeks.

Most of the time works fine. However, 1 in 20 times I start the car the IPOD is not read and the porsche audio screen says "No CD"

Usually problems goes away next time I start the car.

Still this is a pain. Like having lots of music available. don't like how you have to navigate to view playlists and change between them.

My installer, LJ Audio said Dennsion and Nav TV were virtually the same in terms of reliability.

Since problem is is a 1 in 10 I'm confident that if I took it in the problem wouldn't recur and I'd waste my time bringing it in.

Hopefully there will be better options in the future.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by 2ndtime
I have the Nav TV unit for about 2 weeks.
I had a NavTV in my Cayenne last fall before I sold it - thought it was a bit buggy, but so is the Dension.

Looking forward to Firmware upgrades.

I have heard the NavTV has upgrades - you may want to see if you can get them if you don't have them already.... heard the firmware runs the selections faster............

Old 04-19-2007, 01:25 AM
bdam1 is infamous around these parts
TA,

Set the iPod to random before plugging it into the unit or choose "random" in the track list option under the audio menu

Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
I still have mine sitting in my garage...but after reading some of the recent positive reviews, I think I'm gonna take the dive and have it installed...

Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Installation complete.... well almost...

I have installed my 2 Dension units - one in the C2S and one in the Cayenne. I am going to install the 911 on the inside console (the Dension in the trunk with the USB, the iPod and toggle cables inside) since I can use the iPod interface till the firmware gets better, and, use the toggle switch to flip over and bypass the Dension for the CD Changer.

Both units are working well.

I have 80GB iPods with 20,000+ songs attached to them.

The features work reasonably well under Firmware 1.00.

I can get to the ARTIST and other submenus.

I cannot get the <SEARCH> feature to work - it popped up once on the C2, but can't get it back again - never on the Cayenne.

I am 75% happy with the units - my installer who has only done NavTV units for high end "Greenwich CT" Hedge Fund managers etc was really impressed with the Dension, but was a bit remiss if the <SEARCH> feature is buggy.

While it was a bit of a tough road to get here, I'm here and sticking it out.

Dension get that new firmware up so we can USE THE FEATURES!!

T

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
old thread back from the dead!

Installed mine in an 03 with MOST, had the dealer code my CDR-23 to think it has a CDC and nothing. I leave on a road trip early tomorrow and no ipod.

If I knew Eric from bumper plugs sold these I would have bought it from him so I would actually have some support. Hind sight is 20/20!