997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
links make baby Jesus cry

Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
can you guys still use your changer after installing this?

Old 03-05-2007, 09:08 PM
JohnnyD is infamous around these parts
Don't have a changer so I don't know. I've read conflicting info on it but didn't pay much attention since I don't have it.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 AM
bdam1 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Thanks JD....very hlpful.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 AM
TAnthony is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JohnnyD
My Ipod and switch are set on top of my Nav DVD with Velcro so they are easily accessible from the panel doors but hidden.
I'd like to hear about your experience so far with it working - particularly being recognized. I like your install, but think putting the iPod in the trunk will be inconvenient to access while driving since sometimes I think the iPod needs to be turned on/off - reset - reconnected physically - in cases when the Dension unit does not acknowledge its attached.

Have you had a recognition problem?

Old 03-06-2007, 04:07 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I installed the dension unit yesterday .. I took a bunch of pictures during the install. The unit I got had the 'Porsche Kit' I didn't need to pop open any fiber joints; just plugged in the ones from the box. I then spliced power from the CD Changer (No Changer) plug; worked like a charm .. took me about 20 minutes to finish.

If anyone wants me to post the pictures up .. pm me.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
LaCayenne59 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mishref
I installed the dension unit yesterday .. I took a bunch of pictures during the install. The unit I got had the 'Porsche Kit' I didn't need to pop open any fiber joints; just plugged in the ones from the box. I then spliced power from the CD Changer (No Changer) plug; worked like a charm .. took me about 20 minutes to finish.

If anyone wants me to post the pictures up .. pm me.
Where could one get the Dension Unit with the "Porsche Kit" ? And how much does it costs?

Really eager to see installation pictures and hear your first impressions.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
LaCayenne....we have all the 'kit' items here.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Here are some pictures of my install with the 'porsche kit'. It basically includes two extra fiber joints. Connect one to the car, One to the Nav.

Then you are left with four fiber strands .. you connect two to the Dension unit (insert and close). and the remaining two you connect to each other (insert and close)..

Old 03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
LaCayenne59 is infamous around these parts
Cool, do you need to have the Navigation option to have this work? Or does it work with non Navigation units as well?

Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by deputydog95
can you guys still use your changer after installing this?

Yes you can, there is a bybass switch which you can see on the pics above.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by LaCayenne59
Cool, do you need to have the Navigation option to have this work? Or does it work with non Navigation units as well?
I used the NAV fiber input to connect the kit .. If you don't have NAV I think the install would be a bit more complicated..

Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
TAnthony - the Eminem tracklist never loads. Ive waited at least 10-15 minutes on a couple different occasions.

Neil - You're right, the dension box may be faulty. I never thought about that. If they dont have a firmware solution soon, maybe swapping boxes and giving that a try is the solution. Good call!
Aaron, I had Dension review your video for the problems. Apparently this was a known problem with the earlier firmware.

They suggest you upload the current version 1.04 from the support site and that should cure the problem.

Let me know anytime.

Anyone else with similar issues should do the same.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I am hesitant to do the FW update in fear it will create other issues as reported on another forum.

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Aaron, I had Dension review your video for the problems. Apparently this was a known problem with the earlier firmware.

They suggest you upload the current version 1.04 from the support site and that should cure the problem.

Let me know anytime.

Anyone else with similar issues should do the same.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
I agree, I am sticking with firmware V1.0 also!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Issues.