997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
I don't mind testing out 1.04 .. as long as their is a way back to 1.00.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Eric, Dension should already be aware that I've upgraded my firmware to 1.04. Updating didnt fix the problem, but it did cause a new one. Did they even read my emails or these posts?

Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Ive contacted dension once, they told me to upgrade to firmware 1.04 which I have done. Didnt fix any glitches, but now the triple switch reset doesnt work anymore. Still waiting to hear back, it's been days now.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Eric, Dension should already be aware that I've upgraded my firmware to 1.04. Updating didnt fix the problem, but it did cause a new one. Did they even read my emails or these posts?
Aaron, I'm trying my best to help you. Dension does not monitor message boards all day. I do whatever I can to get as much detail to them for review, as the video was most helpful.

I'm just passing on their suggestion to resolve the problem. It would be best to give me everything in one email message, delineating each item where there is a problem, and whatever cropped up from the updated firmware, then their engineers can determine best course of action.

Keep in mind, there are many different setups for Porsche vehicles with this unit in place, so each case may be different.

Thanks.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I realize you are just helping to resolve the problem, thank you Eric.

As far as writing up the email again, I feel as though I have already done this. Here's the story again.

Over a week ago, I installed the unit and discovered the glitches. The tracklist gets stuck on the loading text. I personally sent Dension an email with information about the problem. They emailed me back the next day and told me to update to firmware 1.04. I did so, and discovered that the problem still existed. Infact, not only does the tracklist get stuck on loading, now triple switching to reset the unit doesnt work either. I then emailed Dension back and told them the update didnt remedy the problem. They did not respond back in a few days, so I emailed them again asking for a reply. It's been over a week and I still havent heard back.

I posted the video a week ago, and voiced my problems on the forums. You have picked up that information and fowarded it to Dension... and they told you to tell me to update the firmware. Obviously they are still able to reply to emails as they responded to you right away. I still have not heard back from them.

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Aaron, I'm trying my best to help you. Dension does not monitor message boards all day. I do whatever I can to get as much detail to them for review, as the video was most helpful.

I'm just passing on their suggestion to resolve the problem. It would be best to give me everything in one email message, delineating each item where there is a problem, and whatever cropped up from the updated firmware, then their engineers can determine best course of action.

Keep in mind, there are many different setups for Porsche vehicles with this unit in place, so each case may be different.

Thanks.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 03-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Aaron, Dension has reviewed all of your problems. They have indicated that your Porsche is simply the WRONG COLOR and must be painted Guards Red immediately.

Give me a few minutes, or hours, we should have some answers. Or we'll have to swap out the unit for you.

Cheers!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
acf
But GT Silver is my favorite color

Old 03-08-2007, 06:34 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
This is why I hesitate to go to the new FW. And by not being able to speak with them directly they avoid not being able resolve this issues. Does that make sense?
Keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:12 PM
acf
Dont worry Neil. I am the guinea pig

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
This is why I hesitate to go to the new FW. And by not being able to speak with them directly they avoid not being able resolve this issues. Does that make sense?
Keep us posted on the outcome.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor
Actually I speak with them nearly every few days. Sometimes it's particular features that would be nice to have in future iterations of firmware, sometimes it's customer questions, sometimes it's inventory/stock matters.

They will take calls from installers, but they cannot take individual calls all day or they'd get nothing done. Very straightforward. And if they do not have the answer, they don't BS me about it, they work with the europeans and figure out the answer, then get back to me promptly.

Aaron, we'll get it resolved, I'm confident, or as I stated, we'll swap it out.

Neil, if I were you, and I was having the problems you have had, I'd get with your supplier (since it was not us, I'm not sure), and raise the issues with them directly, ok?

If you don't get satisfaction from them, I'll be happy to run the stuff up the flagpole on my end to try to help you out.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Eric that is really nice of you. I can live with the issues for now and I will wait until there is newer FW that gets rid of the bugs. I am sorry I did not get it from you. As I said I was concerned with the install and the guy I got it from said he would do it. As it turned out I was able to get Brandywine porsche to do it. It even ended up costing a little more to buy it from him. There is nothing I can do about it now, it is in. That being said he IS a very nice guy to deal with.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:01 PM
JohnnyD is infamous around these parts
Neil, I don't have any of the issues you are having, mine is working pretty much just as advertised. This may be obvious but do you have your ipods firmware up to the latest edition? Are you making sure the ignition is completely off and only the stereo on when you are trying to switch the mode switch?

Do you have Nav or a CD Changer, do both those still work?

Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I had that "loading..." issue only once but haven't seen it happen to me since then.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:22 AM
The issue I am having is loadiing and controlling the menu (cd6). Once you are in there the system does not behave properly. I reset it and have not been messing with it in fear of ruining what I have. Since I don't know anyone else with the thing it is like impossible to see if it is acting normally. I have not made any changes to the system since I reset it. Which ones do you suggest? My ipod is up to date and my nav works. I have not checked my cd changer.
TIA

Originally Posted by JohnnyD
Neil, I don't have any of the issues you are having, mine is working pretty much just as advertised. This may be obvious but do you have your ipods firmware up to the latest edition? Are you making sure the ignition is completely off and only the stereo on when you are trying to switch the mode switch?

Do you have Nav or a CD Changer, do both those still work?

Old 03-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Havoc'n'Hijinx is infamous around these parts
I also am having the loading issues and the triple switch on/off not working. I find that switching playlists and then switching back stops the loading problem.

I have uploaded the new firmware and that is when the triple switch reset stopped working. I have been wanting to change between +paging and +selecting to see if the autoselect would stop. I can't drive and constantly be moving the selecting button.

The joys of new technology...

Old 03-10-2007, 03:14 PM
bdam1 is infamous around these parts
Fiber Joints

Eric,

Do you guys carry the extra fiber joints with plugs shown on that install?....or does anyone know where those can be obtained?

That plug and play looks good!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Issues.