997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dension Issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:43 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Question Dension Issues.

Does anyone have this unit installed and working???? Or should I say working properly. If so would you be willing to answer some questions, maybe on the phone. Maybe I could call you or vice versa. My unit doesn't seem to act logically and I am wondering if this is the way it is or what.

I basically have no menu functions....

Last edited by neil.schneider; 02-26-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM
TAnthony is infamous around these parts
I have mine still in the box! Was hoping to hear some war stories & comments before actually installing - considering there is very little on the boards about shared experiences (well, at least not in comparison to how much there was about actually ordering the units) I wonder if everyone is still holed up in their garages trying to figure out which wire goes where, OR, everyone's units are working just fine.

Will stay tuned - hope you get some action here.......

Old 02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Neil....if the units came from us, just email us for tech support contacts.

eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
W211 is infamous around these parts
Mine was installed over the weekend. My initial impression is that it's more robust than the fall 2006 NavTV unit. Will give more feedback later.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Mister PINK is infamous around these parts
I am looking for feedback as wel, before I purchase one. tks.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I think I got my working as well as it should and it is pretty good. The UI is not that intuitive, but I guess as good as they could do. To get question answered you have to email them and wait for a reply, that is no phones. It sounds pretty good. The first four playlists are easy to operate, the rest is not as good. It auto selects songs that are highlighted, which is a pain if you just want to look and scan ahead to see the songs on the list but not play them. I am told that that is the pcm not the dension that causes this. Otherwise it is ok. I guess I could use the aux input option and then use the ipod itself for control.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 03-02-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Just got mine yesterday and installed it today (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=75250). Works great, but controls are a bit quirky. Probably takes some getting used to.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:09 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Ive commented in a few other threads, but here goes. The install went easy, and the UI is fine after you play with it for an hour. It makes sense. My software is extremely buggy though, so far i've seen the track list get stuck "loading" 50 % of the time, sometimes song names show up black and sometimes they are there. Ive contacted dension once, they told me to upgrade to firmware 1.04 which I have done. Didnt fix any glitches, but now the triple switch reset doesnt work anymore. Still waiting to hear back, it's been days now.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:37 AM
rriva is infamous around these parts
Going in tomorrow for an install, so I will report later on Friday.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
I guess I could use the aux input option and then use the ipod itself for control.
I think you would lose the digital signal if you did that; the MOST is optical, the aux is analog. But this is my assumption - I have not pulled the cables.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
My software is extremely buggy though, so far i've seen the track list get stuck "loading" 50 % of the time, sometimes song names show up black and sometimes they are there. Ive contacted dension once, they told me to upgrade to firmware 1.04 which I have done. Didnt fix any glitches, but now the triple switch reset doesnt work anymore. Still waiting to hear back, it's been days now.
This does not bode well - the NavTV unit was much the same way and it was totally buggy - the NavTV unit sometimes didn't even recognize the iPod. The NavTV unit would load the track list up to "Motley Crue" and then I would dial by it, it would load the remainder to "ZZ Top" but then it would start me back at "10,000 Maniacs" - so trying to get to "The Police" meant going to the Ms, waiting, reloading from A, and starting all over again to scroll to the Ps.

Doesn't sound like Dension is "bug free"

Old 03-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by neil.schneider
It auto selects songs that are highlighted, which is a pain if you just want to look and scan ahead to see the songs on the list but not play them. I am told that that is the pcm not the dension that causes this.
The NavTV unit did the autoselect as well - but if I kept scrolling without "hovering" on a song for more than a couple of seconds, I can just keep going though the entire list. Must be the PCM.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Shuffle/Random

NavTV could not shuffle play - at least not what I could find (and I won't know personally since I left it in the crappy 6 cyl. base Cayenne that I turned back to the dealer).

Can Dension random?

Old 03-03-2007, 03:56 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TAnthony

Doesn't sound like Dension is "bug free"

Yeah, I love the unit and what it does, but the glitches are really ruining the experience and I am anxiously waiting an update from Dension. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon, I just emailed them again. I've read pretty much all the posts on this forum and rennlist regarding Dension installs, seems like im having the worst problems, but a couple other people have experienced the track lists getting stuck on "loading". We'll see how this goes.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:07 AM
acf
Just took a quick 30 sec vid of the problem for all those who are interested. Turned the car on, music is playing and the tracklist works fine. Switch to a different playlist and the music plays fine... however try to see the tracklist for that playlist and be prepared to enter the never ending loading zone of eternity. Am I doing something wrong or is this bad software?

www.aaronchanfilms.com/porsche/dension/densionbad.AVI

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dension Issues.