997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is it Difficult to Remove Switch Panel to Paint It???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:08 PM
THinthedesert is infamous around these parts
Is it Difficult to Remove Switch Panel to Paint It???

I am trying to put together an order for a new 997, and one of the items I noticed that would look nice (codes CMG & CDG) would be to paint the switch panel in either the outside color or in black, however Porsche wants a mere $1990 to do that.
I wonder just how difficult it would be to remove those pieces as well as the strip along the dash and have them painted whatever color I desire.
Seems like it could be done for $200 tops by one of several great painters in most any city.
I appreciate all of your thoughts on the idea.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Are you talking about the front center console, with all the faceplates and switches? If so, it cannot be done aftermarket as each piece is a separate head unit, rather than an overlay or faceplate.

Do it in leather, looks a helluva lot nicer, and is only a few bucks more.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:39 PM
THinthedesert is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Are you talking about the front center console, with all the faceplates and switches? If so, it cannot be done aftermarket as each piece is a separate head unit, rather than an overlay or faceplate.

Yes I am referring to the panels that surrond the screen and all the switches. This car in natural brown with the black center console and sport seat backs would possibly lend itself nicely to having the switch panel painted in black as well. Leather may well be a good option too.

Black carpets would certainly be a nice contrast too.

Thanks for the idea.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
c mon! is a Porsche! paint it in a good place and dont think in a couple of dolars!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
You should also paint both door handle, sliver trim around the vent, the shift plate & silver plate at cup holder black too.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:31 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)

do you do that eric? [the leather]And if i wanted the center console black could you do that ?how long?and how much?and do you send me one and swap or i have to wait for entire process?.....................and when on my dension unit?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:44 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by THinthedesert
Yes I am referring to the panels that surrond the screen and all the switches. This car in natural brown with the black center console and sport seat backs would possibly lend itself nicely to having the switch panel painted in black as well. Leather may well be a good option too.

Black carpets would certainly be a nice contrast too.

Thanks for the idea.

Now thats a Rich Colour combination, wished it had centre console and switch panel in the same Basalt Black and Black Carpets with Natural Brown Pipping.