997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pugnet odor from new porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
There could even be a chance you are getting moisture in the EVAP causing all of this to occur. They need to step to the plate and do something to find out what the hell is going on with your 3 week old car!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:16 PM
drjay2 is infamous around these parts
odor in porsche

I ordered the car custom. Took 2 months to get here of course. When i took the car back tonight they were more responsive and are looking into the nature of the odor. My sales person also said could not be AC. Maybe cosmoline-except I think that has a sweet smeel, I think.
anyway my salesperson also said that that deoderizer stuff was BS also-
drjay2

Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drjay2
I ordered the car custom. Took 2 months to get here of course. When i took the car back tonight they were more responsive and are looking into the nature of the odor. My sales person also said could not be AC. Maybe cosmoline-except I think that has a sweet smeel, I think.
anyway my salesperson also said that that deoderizer stuff was BS also-
drjay2
The deodorizer only lasts for so long. Could be the rust-inhibitor sprayed on the undercarriage and under the carpet, or like I said earlier, which I have dealt with on numerous occasions with the smell being described, the evap.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:48 PM
kauai_diver is infamous around these parts
Check for any broken cologne bottles?

Seriously could be something small like a squirrel that got lodged up somewhere in the wheel-well.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Isaac987 is infamous around these parts
is this something that happens when the car is running? if so, the factory sprays a chemical in the engine and some mechanicals that prevents rust while it's being transported here on the ocean. I believe it's called cosmoline. I work at a Porsche dealer and smell this all the time. It usually burns out within a few hundred miles. Does this sound right to you?

Old 03-29-2007, 01:15 AM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
i had a funny smell coming from the vents when i first took delivery. i ordered my car special as well. turned out to be cosmoline and went away at around 200 miles on the clock.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
drjay2 is infamous around these parts
porsche odor cause determined

what a dumb ***. We went to Costo 10 days ago. they don't use bags so you lay products on the back seats. I remember something falling but thought we took all from car. The dealer found a bag of rotten vegetables had rolled under the seat, thus the odor of a dead animal. I guess there is a lesson but not sure what it is.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 PM
paragongja is infamous around these parts
I'd contact Porche of America and let them know about that fine customer service. I did have a dead mouse in my air system (not my 911). Poor little guy got stuck toward the exit in the dash. Maybe he was born in there, grew up and couldn't get out-don't know. But man, did it smell. Especially on humid days.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:32 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
The mildew in the A/C is not BS and can become pretty nasty. I use a blast of Ozium with the fan on high through the intake vent which circulates through the venting and helps reduce odor. Do not get in the car for a minute or two, it smells pretty strong for a little bit.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the asparagus on the floor behind the passenger seat.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:53 PM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Things love to sneak underneath the seats .. Someone (idiot) had left some take-out in the backseat .. I found it two days later. The weather was fairly cold so it didn't have time to go bad.