997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Pugnet odor from new porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
drjay2 is infamous around these parts
Pugnet odor from new porsche

My targa4s with 500 miles has a strong offensive odor. Actually smells like a dead animal. Started yesterday. Car running fine otherwise. I checked the boot and motor but no dead animal. Someone said it is the catalytic converter. Any ideas and what to do. thanks
drjay2

Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drjay2
My targa4s with 500 miles has a strong offensive odor. Actually smells like a dead animal. Started yesterday. Car running fine otherwise. I checked the boot and motor but no dead animal. Someone said it is the catalytic converter. Any ideas and what to do. thanks
drjay2
It probably IS a dead animal... Maybe a mouse or something crawled up in there and died. Have it checked and report back please!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Size is infamous around these parts
this is a weird problem. is your car garaged?

Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
rodney is infamous around these parts
check your exhaust pipes. My friends and I used to tape dead animals to people's exhaust somewhere under the car as a prank back in the day and it caused exactly what you're describing.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 PM
my car is garaged. will take by dealer tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:54 AM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rodney
check your exhaust pipes. My friends and I used to tape dead animals to people's exhaust somewhere under the car as a prank back in the day and it caused exactly what you're describing.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
You could also check your AC system .. I have never had that kind of odor from my cats.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:24 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
No offensive odors here. At least not from my car. Could it be excess cosmoline?

Last edited by 2thfixr; 03-28-2007 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mishref
You could also check your AC system .. I have never had that kind of odor from my cats.
I agree, I get a bad odor from the A/C system from time to time.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:49 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Mouse... I'm convinced there's a dead one still holding onto a mouse trap in my car somewhere. I've got a funky smell too. Some day the archaeologists will excavate and find a 997S with a mouse skeleton that has a trap on one leg and his middle finger extended.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:14 AM
QKENUFF is infamous around these parts
,,,My friends and I used to tape dead animals to people's exhaust somewhere under the car as a prank back in the day ....
Tough childhood ehh??

Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Must be the AC

the porsche dealer said it is mildew in the AC. I just turned it on the same day the odor appeared. He says to buy some deodorizer. For the money i just spent on a 3 week old car he should have said, bring it buy and we will put some deodorizer in the system. of course you don't expect much service from the dealers in georgia. We only have 2 in the state. The service was really bad until about 3 years ago when we only had 1 dealer in the state.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Redlined has a spectacular aura aboutRedlined has a spectacular aura about
That quality of service stinks Dr Jay!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
you have got to be ****ing me.............

Old 03-28-2007, 06:17 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by drjay2
the porsche dealer said it is mildew in the AC. I just turned it on the same day the odor appeared. He says to buy some deodorizer. For the money i just spent on a 3 week old car he should have said, bring it buy and we will put some deodorizer in the system. of course you don't expect much service from the dealers in georgia. We only have 2 in the state. The service was really bad until about 3 years ago when we only had 1 dealer in the state.

Did you buy the car off the lot, or order it new ?
There is no way a three week old car could have mildew in the AC especially if it was built ~ six weeks ago in the winter .

Either way , tell them to keep the deodorizer.
They need to clean/disinfect the ducts and coil , or give you a new car .
Breathing mildew in a confined space is POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS to your health ( it can lead to severe allergic problems )
You can do some research on " sick building syndrome " and see what their response is .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pugnet odor from new porsche