997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Southern California Porsche dealers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:42 AM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
You guys are not trying hard enough. I got my '06 997S Cab from Mark Taylor at Pacific for $3.3K off sticker only six or seven months after the 997 cab came out. You just gotta hold out for a deal. It's not that hard really. You just have to be willing to walk out if you don't get your deal. I'd wager that you could easily get $5-6K off sticker on a 997S today. In fact, my buddy just bought a 997S4 Cab from Mark for $10K off sticker. Be a man and bargin for Christ's sake.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UBoat Commander
You guys are not trying hard enough. I got my '06 997S Cab from Mark Taylor at Pacific for $3.3K off sticker only six or seven months after the 997 cab came out. You just gotta hold out for a deal. It's not that hard really. You just have to be willing to walk out if you don't get your deal. I'd wager that you could easily get $5-6K off sticker on a 997S today. In fact, my buddy just bought a 997S4 Cab from Mark for $10K off sticker. Be a man and bargin for Christ's sake.
Mark was very knowledgeable and a very straight up guy, but on the Coupes he wasn't going to deal. On the cabs he said he would deal..I did walk out several times and they didn't budge...moved on to another dealer.

Dave

Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 AM
ApexHunter is infamous around these parts
Well, after reading everybodies valuable input, and doing my own homework, I ended up purchasing a 997c2s from Downtown LA Porsche. They had a great selection, treated me very fairly, and I got the deal I thought was feasible. Selection was key.

Thanks Dave, bogdog, and everybody who contributed to this thread.

Pics coming eventually. Oh, and PSE is awesome!

>>>Apex.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:12 AM
kermit_S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ApexHunter
Well, after reading everybodies valuable input, and doing my own homework, I ended up purchasing a 997c2s from Downtown LA Porsche. They had a great selection, treated me very fairly, and I got the deal I thought was feasible. Selection was key.

Thanks Dave, bogdog, and everybody who contributed to this thread.

Pics coming eventually. Oh, and PSE is awesome!

>>>Apex.
Awesome another 6speeder in RB..post some pictures and hope to see you in the neighborhood

Enjoy your new baby

Old 04-09-2007, 08:11 PM
mal28 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by THinthedesert
I noticed North Olmsted even shows what discount they are willing to give on most of the cars they have listed in the "Notes". Here is an example. They make it known they are willing to deal.

NotesCLASSIC GUARDS RED WITH BEIGE INTERIOR...A BEAUTIFUL CABRIOLET FOR THE SPRING AND SUMMER. $89,943.00 CALL BERNIE OR CHAD AT 1-440-716-2720Price$94,530.00

http://north-olmsted.porschedealer.c...ntoryid=288968
be careful, when I drove there to look at an advertised car, the price they quoted me was a few thousand higher than the listed web price! They "corrected" their offer after I pointed out their listed price on their web site

Old 04-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have purchased several cars from Chris Huck @ Pioneer... Very happy with his service.. Very much a straight shooter!!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:39 PM
bentlink is infamous around these parts
So was it Paul *** @ Rusnak or not?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:55 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Nope, I'm NOT Paul ***. I've always had a good experience with Rusnak though.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:49 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorschePaul
Nope, I'm NOT Paul ***. I've always had a good experience with Rusnak though.
I am Paul ***, oops I mean Spartacus!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Yolev has a spectacular aura aboutYolev has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ApexHunter
Hey all, I have been reading and doing my homework for awhile, and have decided to start looking into dealers to order (or just buy off the lot) a new 997s. Can anyone recommend a dealer? Looking to get the best deal, but also looking for someone who will take care of a Porsche newbie.

I live in the South Bay, so any insight into Pacific Porsche would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

>>>Apex.
I felt I paid too much for a new 911 from Pacific Porsche but the service and convenience were worth it. After 5,000 miles, the engine was still using a quart of oil every 400 miles. This was not an RMS problem or a leak. Pacific replaced the engine with a new crate motor under warranty and the oil usage dropped to virtually nil. I suspect that getting a new motor under warranty from an out of state dealer might not be so simple.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM
geoff w is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
If you are Paul *** @ Rusnak, you are an *******! If not, my sincerest apologies my friend. But with 40 posts, local listed as Westlake Village, and something good to say about Rusnak, I have my suspicions.
I have bought 2 Porsches at Rusnak ('01 Boxster and '05 997) and have always been treated well by them for both sales and service. I have an '08 Cayenne S on order from ... Paul ***. He has been great to work with (he called me this morning to tell my my Cayenne scheduled build completion date is today).

I've got good friends at LA Auto Gallery as well as those at Rusnak I consider to be in the friends category. I've heard good and bad stories about every dealer in the LA area. On the Cayenne, Rusnak beat all the other local deals (Abq. dealer was a bit lower, but I'd have to wait for an '09 build).

Car dealerships are all about customer service. People will have good and bad experiences, no matter how important or insignificant you are as a customer, and it will vary by the day. YMMV

And no, I'm not Paul ***, but I would recommend him if asked

Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 AM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
heard too many bad things about rusnak....

recently almost bought a car from them... never got a straight answer, and never dealt straight forward with me at any point in time... they listed a 997 at $62K, i said "do a bit better"... they said bottom line price was $60 and that they had already reduced it from $67K. 2 days later they advertised the car at $59.9... they didn't call me, i had to call them back, i said "so what can you do on the car now"... after 3 days of back and forth, they said "$58.9K is the LOWEST we can go"... 2 days later, the car was advertised for $56,995. WTF??? so i call back again, and said what the heck???... anyways i said i'd go ahead and take it for $55K, they countered $55.5K. I started on the paperwork and asked them to check on the exact warranty date. I thought they mentioned 3 years warranty left (w/ CPO) but when i did the carfax, the 11/04 in service date would indicated original warranty would end 11/08. I just wanted to double check this as warranty on a p-car is important to me... next day, i get the email that the car was sold and if there was any other car i was interested in...

overall, they're not bad guys, they eventually offered a great deal that i was about to take. i don't care that they sold the car, good for them. BUT, they do a HORRIBLE job at communicating with their customers.... i run an investment svcs division, and we would lose ALL accounts if we responded as poorly as Rusnak...