997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Window Tint Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Havoc'n'Hijinx is infamous around these parts
I just tinted yesturday with 35% which is the darkest you can go in Florida. He used Solar Gard HP Titanium 26, 35% Medium Smoke Grey and it is curing as I type. It will look better in a few days. He told me that the darker your interior is the darker the tint will look and to stay with one darkness of tint.

I like the 35% because it is not too dark and looks a bit amber with my sand beige interior.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
Definitely agree with staying with one darkness of tint. It looks a lot cleaner than having light tint on the front windows and dark tint on the rear windows.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gramicci101
Definitely agree with staying with one darkness of tint. It looks a lot cleaner than having light tint on the front windows and dark tint on the rear windows.
I agree with that if you mean the side windows and the rear quarter windows. I did 50% on all of the side windows and the back glass (above the engine cover) is 35%. No one I know can spot the difference and it looks great.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
I was talking about door windows and back side windows. When they're right next to each other like that, it doesn't look good to have two different shades of tint.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gramicci101
I was talking about door windows and back side windows. When they're right next to each other like that, it doesn't look good to have two different shades of tint.
Agreed 100% - I would rather take a fix-it ticket than have a limo-tint rear and clear fronts, esp. on a 4-door.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
looks like your car is slate gray which i have the same. i would prefer to stay light which i think matches better with the exterior. any other exterior color, i wouold go dark.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:05 AM
ARod is infamous around these parts
Hello Stephen...
you must keep all the tint %'s equal... i saw a 997 same color as your with two diferent tint %'s and didnt looked consistent. it didnt flow with the outlines of the car. it ididnt looked smooth. if you know what i mean...? after i saw the p-car with diff. %'s i decided to keep mine equal all the way around.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
rightlook is infamous around these parts
Tint

ARod,

I have been checking out cars while driving around town and agree 100%. I think it does look better to keep the tint the same all the way around if possible.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good San Diego tinter?

Is that what I think it is hanging from the rear of your car? LOL

--Stephen

Old 04-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Very Risky is infamous around these parts
I've always gotten 20% all the way around on my cars. In Cali, have gotten pulled over way too many times in the last ten years, and not once have I gotten a ticket for tint. No sense in going with less if your concern is legallity. If the cop's going to be a ***** and give you a fix it, he's going to do it no matter how light/dark you go. At least that's my experience. As for looks, my e55 was Tectite, not far from your grey, made the car look lower (?) and much better, keeps cooler in the sun. If you're any where near ONTARIO California let me know. Sarkis at Acutint, he's amazing!!! Reasonable and will take care of you if you ever do have to take it off.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by rightlook
ARod,

I have been checking out cars while driving around town and agree 100%. I think it does look better to keep the tint the same all the way around if possible.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good San Diego tinter?

Is that what I think it is hanging from the rear of your car? LOL

--Stephen
i have always used formula one. see if they have any AD in SD..

http://www.formulaone.com/

Old 04-10-2007, 02:44 PM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
Hmmm... I may consider tint on my car.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
rightlook is infamous around these parts
Got it

Ok, got it done 35% all the way around. I like it and the job turned out great but it may be a little dark. I guess I just felt if I went lighter there would be a smaller chance of problems with the police. Anyway, will see how it goes. Will post pics when I get some. It's in the sun drying.

Stephen

Old 04-12-2007, 07:52 PM
ARod is infamous around these parts
YEAH!!!! men..... lol
post the pics... chop, chop, chop... can't wait. i'm not sure with the police issue but i'm sure it will look fantastic.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM
TAnthony is infamous around these parts
Want to tint my Arctic Silver C2S - have a question about what is involved and how to tell a good from bad installer (I am in Connecticut and its not permitted here so the shops are a bit shady.. get it... shady... HAHAHA).

Anyway, I would want the tint to run all the way to the edge of the window glass (front doors obviously), and not leave a .25 inch strip of clear glass along the edge where it meets up with the pillars and roofline - is this what I should be demanding? If so, to get there does that mean the installer has to take out the glass from the door?

If the glass needs to be taken out, I will look for a real pro (which I would do in any event) but will be even more careful.

Any advice?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:11 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Huper Optik 30 on mine. Great job of rejecting heat and not too dark.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Thoughts?