997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Question for Any/All Porsche Owners In Hawaii...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 AM
hdsr09 is infamous around these parts
Question for Any/All Porsche Owners In Hawaii...

Hey guys. Just wanted to ask if any of you have your safety checks mounted on a decal plate and/or anywhere BUT on your rear bumper. If so, how and where did you mount it? I do NOT want to stick the stupid safety check stickers on my bumper, and I don't see any way or place to stick a decal plate where it wouldn't look retarded.

Anyone got any insight or tips?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
RedRocket is infamous around these parts
you might want to go over to caymanclub and ask the same question. There are several hawaii folks who might be able to help you. Try the off topic or other porsche models discussions.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
I just posted a thread there, so I guess we'll see if I get a helpful response...

I hope so...

Old 04-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
I put my safety check on my bumpette. I took the lesser of evils IMO.

Aloha

Byron

Old 04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
I put my safety check on my bumpette. I took the lesser of evils IMO.

Aloha

Byron
Obviously the law probably is pretty clear - in Texas the sticker in on the front windshield. Any chance you can put it on the rear windshield?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Obviously the law probably is pretty clear - in Texas the sticker in on the front windshield. Any chance you can put it on the rear windshield?
Not sure about the window but here's what I did. No flames.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Hmmm.... Thanx for the pic Byron... That probably would be the same place I would stick mine if I couldn't figure any other place to put it...

I still wanna try and figure a way to get a decal plate to somehow fit somewhere on my rear bumper... Without it looking stupid...

Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 AM
kauai_diver is infamous around these parts
As someone said I'd try and stick it on the rear window, get some clear adhesive tape and give it a shot.

BTW which island has a decent racetrack? Just incase we decide to relocate kauai has some decent scuba diving hence my handle

Old 04-14-2007, 01:53 AM
It has to be on the rear bumper somewhere, or at the least on a decal plate that is firmly attached to the rear bumper.

It cannot go anywhere else, which includes the rear glass. But thank you for trying to help me find a solution for the fugly stickers that Hawaii requires us to place on our vehicles.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Just do the bumperette. I hate the rice cars that attach a plate or whatever it is. To me looks worse.

Aloha

Byron

Old 04-14-2007, 02:41 AM
Crap... I think you are right... Damn it... I just hate having to either:

a) removing the old sticker with a razor when you have to put a new one on, and risk messing up your paint ...
b) stick the new safety check sticker over the old one, which looks crappy...

Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Vegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to behold
It's hard for me to judge the distance from the sides of the license plates to the insides of each bumperette, but....

What if you lost the license plate frame and moved the actual plate all the way over to the left. Would there be enough room from the right side of the plate to the inside of the right bumperette for the sticker?

Old 04-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Vegas Good suggestion but I think it would not work as you suggested.
Aloha

Byron

Old 04-14-2007, 09:12 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Vegas Good suggestion but I think it would not work as you suggested.
Aloha

Byron
Other than giving an officer reason to pull you over, what is the penalty for not having the sticker on the bumper but in the window?

Old 04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Go to an art supply store (Pearl Paint) and get clear vinyl sheet that will stick to glass/metal (non-adhesive type). Put your decal on the clear vinyl sheet, then cut to correct size. You should able to stick it to your bumper without any glue. This way, you can easily remove them from the bumper. That's why I did with my track car numbers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Question for Any/All Porsche Owners In Hawaii...