997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Exclusivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Exclusivity

You know I've been taking some s*%t lately from the "exotic" car crowd about how Porsches are no longer special cars, they are mass-produced, blah, blah, blah.

On Sunday I drove from LI to Boston (and took the ferry BTW so I didn't even go through NYC) and saw 3, yes three, separate Orange Lambo Gallardos, and one Orange Murcelago during this one trip. That was just on the way up!

Funny, I didn't see any other Atlas Grey 911's though.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Rob,
expect to see 911 from Monday to Friday.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
If you look around at how many cars on the road are not a porsche, ferrari, lambo etc...then you will realize how special the cars really are.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
TrailBraker is infamous around these parts
I love my cars/motorcycles for the way that they make ME feel while driving them...it doesnt matter to me how many others are out on the road. The only one I need to impress is myself.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:59 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
First - don't pay any attention to what anyone says about Porsche. You bought your car for you - not to please them. Second - don't pay any attention to what else is on the road - pay attention to your wonderful Porsche. Third - Be happy that you bought the finest, most durable daily driver super-car performing vehicle on the planet.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Mister PINK is infamous around these parts
Rob-

We need to get together again in LI.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:44 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Porsche will never be a "normal" car!
It's unique and awesome
Be proud of it man!

Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
JAY@BRANDYWINE is infamous around these parts
How many guys can drive their Ferrari to work Mon-fri and then to the track on Saturday with out having to stop at the shop 7 times for repairs, and which manufacturer has been winning sports car races for the past 40 years? not Ferrari or lambo.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
plantagenet is infamous around these parts
Compared to a Lambo or Ferrai then yes Porsches are definetly more common cars. But compared to Audis and BMWs then they are fairly rare.

Another reason why you see more porsches than Lambos is because they dont break as often and pratciality and running costs are considerably less.

Porsches are indeed one of the most special automotive marques on the road

Old 04-27-2007, 01:50 PM
mricorp is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mister PINK
Rob-

We need to get together again in LI.
I'm up for it now that the weather is getting better.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:27 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i saw a YUGO the other day & i don't remember the last time i saw one. hehhehe

enjoy ur car. It's not what others think, it's what you think matters

Old 04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
I love when I go for a cruise and people start to point and take pics eventhough I just have a c2

Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JAY@BRANDYWINE
How many guys can drive their Ferrari to work Mon-fri and then to the track on Saturday with out having to stop at the shop 7 times for repairs, and which manufacturer has been winning sports car races for the past 40 years? not Ferrari or lambo.
Obviously, as a Porsche sales person you are not familiar with modern Ferrari's. Your opinion is based on what you have heard and understandable bias of Porsche. A Ferrari speaks for itself and I need not defend it.

Porsche is the most successful car company in the world. Why? They sell a ton of them many of which share a huge percentage of parts and look alike (I like to think of them as 911 knockoffs i.e. Boxster, Cayman etc.) but buyers are charged through the nose. Additionally, buying a bare bones Porsche is like buying a wood casket. Thus, most buyers of Porsches end up spending tons of money on options that should have been on the car as standard. Finally, with each succeeding model because of similarity and mass production depreciation on the car is becoming epic. Today, to buy a Porsche means to tell one self I am willing to take a huge financial hit to say I own a Porsche.

Nevertheless, they do make a good and reliable car. All car manufacturers envy Porsches' profitablity.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
That's because all those guys you saw driving Lambos probably use their 911s as daily drivers and save the "exotic" for Sunday. It is a given that you're going to see more exotic machinery over the weekend, or at least that's how it works here in SoCal.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
kauai_diver is infamous around these parts
Porsche's are dime a dozen in many areas of the country, I'd have to buy a Buick to join the Exclusivity Club around here - but that was never my goal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exclusivity