997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Which Clear Bra Material?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Very Risky is infamous around these parts
Which Clear Bra Material?

Hi Guys, got an appointment tomorrow morning to get my clear bra installed. Not sure which brand to get, my installer has 3M, Avery-Denison, and Venture.

I wonder if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with any of these brands?

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Bach 997 is infamous around these parts
I have the 3M on my car and I havent had any problems

Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
frafoss is infamous around these parts
Tried the Venture on my gt-silver 997 and my wife's sparkling graphite BMW. No problem with the BMW but on my 997 the film got a bit yellow. To Venture excuse, in my country they use a lot of salt on the roads in wintertime and since I use my car all year most probably all film gets a bit yellow. The original film by the rear side, I have been told is from 3M at they is even more yellow.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Bach 997 is infamous around these parts
I've driven my car in all kinds of weather and conditions, no problem and no yellowing. The only time I have heard of yellowing is when the clear bra is put on a white car.

Very Risky, which car are you applying the clear bra to, and what is its color?

Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i vote ventureshield. also you should request venture to use the new film that was released in november as it should not yellow. Also do they not provide warranty for you. i provide lifetime warranty against fading & yellowing.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Putting it on the C4S Arctic Silver have had the car for 8 months and luckily no chips yet. Thought I wouldn't chance it and go ahead and get it wrapped. Thanks for the responses so far.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:36 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
I have the 3M. The ventureshield is too thin and yellows.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 PM
rightlook is infamous around these parts
Hood

I went with Venture Film and had them do the complete hood and wrap it around the edges. You can not even tell it's there. They now have widths that will cover the whole hood. I am really happy with this solution. I also did the bumper and front part of the fender.

Not sure if the Venture is thinner than 3M but for me I liked the look better. Less orange peel than 3M. Only time will tell.

Stephen

Old 05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Venture is 8.5mil and 3m is 10mil. however Venture is stronger film and better quality. I carry them both and like stephen said less orange peel as well.
Both is better than nothing on IMHO.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Bimota is infamous around these parts
Where are you having it installed? I live in the area and need bra also.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:34 PM
mkaraoglan has a spectacular aura aboutmkaraoglan has a spectacular aura aboutmkaraoglan has a spectacular aura about
me too! need good LA tint and film place!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 PM
I decided to go with the Avery product, the guy that's doing it has a silver BMW that he's had for two years. He put all three products on different spots on the car and the Avery had the nicest shine and least amount of color change on the silver (which is the color of my car). It will be ready this afternoon, anxious. If everything looks good I'll post his name and number for you guys.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
Isnt the OEM product on the widebodys rear quarterpanel VentureShield?

Old 05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by MJS NYC
Isnt the OEM product on the widebodys rear quarterpanel VentureShield?
not sure of that but i do know that M-Benz uses them from factory.

Raja

Old 05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
btromp is infamous around these parts
Well two days ago I would have never considered a clear coating. I just didn't think I needed it. But last night when cleaning off some kamikazee bugs I noticed the first nick in the clearcoat. When I've heard people mention the front bras I imagined the leather things I remember from the 80s. I was encouraged to see they've come a long way.

I was happy to see that there are places local to me that will do the VentureShield. That seems to be reasonably good based on the threads here.

I have to say though, I'm really nervous about letting anyone non-Porsche apply something to the car. Should I have any worries about it damaging the paint long-term or any other nasty side effects? Is it going to look pretty much like the chip guards do near the rear wheels?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Clear Bra Material?