997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Oh Snap! Just got a facelift!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 AM
wizo is infamous around these parts
I feel and was asked in my post about the spoiler to get it if you feel it necessary. Meaning drive your car enjoy it and if you will it loose in the back and or the need to extend the aero component to the rear than by all means go ahead. Its not everyone's favorite part-the rear wing. To me it kills the lines I feel I fell in love with and help make me buy the car--so for unless I feel i need it I will just keep the Gt3 style front end the way it is.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned
hozer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
who cares. i feel that you should mod your car any way you like just as long as you dont BADGE it incorrectly.
Good point, I would agree with this...and a debadge would probably not be too cool either.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:16 PM
TD in DC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hozer
Good point, I would agree with this...and a debadge would probably not be too cool either.
hozer, I'm not picking on you, I promise (and I am not being that serious either, really), but I don't agree with you about the debadging.

Every car I own is debadged (well, except the club coupe and I am loathe to debadge it only because I don't want to modify the car). When I used to live in Germany, it seemed like every Porsche/BMW/Mercedes was debadged as well, and it is a factory option. It had nothing to do with being a poseur and everything to do with aesthetic choices.

Now, putting on the wrong badge is over the top, but, to me, debadging is different. If someone knows about Porsches, they would never mistake a full aerokit 997 with a GT3. The GT3 has extra vents in both the front and rear bumper. If someone doesn't know much about Porsches, they are not going to know or care about the differences anyway.

As we all agree, do what makes you happy without regard to what other people think. I am pretty sure we all agree on that!

Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned
hozer is infamous around these parts
Well you are right about that too...I would agree the debadge makes it look cleaner.

But a base 911 with an aerokit and debadged? Just seems a little iffy to me is all.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
my avatar got a facelift!

Old 09-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Streamlined is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hozer
Well you are right about that too...I would agree the debadge makes it look cleaner.

But a base 911 with an aerokit and debadged? Just seems a little iffy to me is all.

I had the same feelings about the impression debadging can give. The C2s we just bought was originally ordered sans badge with the aero kit - we asked the dealer to put on the badge before we picked it up (and they did no problem, thanks Garth/Pioneer). Although the back was 'cleaner', and would be easier to clean without the emblem, I just prefer the look and the idea that it doesn't seem like it is subtly trying to appear as something it is not.