997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PSE Like Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
PSE Like Mod

Hello all. My new 997 S has all of 500 miles on it and I'm itching to modify the muffler.

I bought some 997 cans on ebay for $29. I'm planning to take them over to Farnbacher-Loles here in Danbury CT to have them weld up some pipe to create a bypass similar to the PSE.

Question is, have any of you done this on a 997S? Thinking about 2.25" pipe, but am open to suggestions.

Starting with this:

This should be the result...

Old 05-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Gundo - I know you from PPBB! Keep me posted. I'm interested in how this turns out. I'm located near Boston and would drive to hear it if it works!

Matt (in MA)

ps - I really liked the dark wheels!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Bob in NY is infamous around these parts
you should consider any issues with the warranty based on your proposed mod. Just a thought...

Old 05-16-2007, 08:23 PM
raffi is infamous around these parts
i am doing this right now, just dropped off at the shop today...

Old 05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
queram is infamous around these parts
I am curious how your 2.25" will turn out. I was thinking like 2.00" since I did not want it to loud. My exhaust guy here also proposed to put an electronic switch in the cabin just like PSE. Only full on and full off. He did several 996 Turbos like this and he is a very reputable guy.

I have been playing wth the idea since the beginning of this year but been traveling alot lately and the weather did not permit. I guess I will take the plunge shortly. What is there to lose? Nothing!! Only thing that makes me hesitate is the posibilty that I may sell my Tip car.

Everyone should keep others updated on this thread. Info, sound clips etc.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:54 PM
hey guys, the shop was able to do just less than 2.25" i will let you know how it turns out.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:00 PM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by queram
I am curious how your 2.25" will turn out. I was thinking like 2.00" since I did not want it to loud. My exhaust guy here also proposed to put an electronic switch in the cabin just like PSE. Only full on and full off. He did several 996 Turbos like this and he is a very reputable guy.

I have been playing wth the idea since the beginning of this year but been traveling alot lately and the weather did not permit. I guess I will take the plunge shortly. What is there to lose? Nothing!! Only thing that makes me hesitate is the posibilty that I may sell my Tip car.

Everyone should keep others updated on this thread. Info, sound clips etc.
How do you propose to control this with a switch, without a moveable baffle or flap to close off this addition?

Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Dam it , you guys beat me to it. I was planningon doing the same thing, but was not sure because the 997 PSE outlets are seprate they are not combned like the 996. Thats what is keepng me from doing it. what effect if you combine. Are the 997 mufflers different from the 996 s . any thought s on that, eithre way, i am eagerly waiting for the results. please post them as soon as you guys are done

thanks

ronnie

Old 05-18-2007, 03:50 AM
i will install them tommorrow, if i figure out how to record a clip i will first do the awe mufflers, then my pse mod version

Old 05-18-2007, 08:09 AM
QKENUFF is infamous around these parts
Sounds promising, Please keep us posted with pics and write-up..

Thanks

Old 05-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by larrytrk
How do you propose to control this with a switch, without a moveable baffle or flap to close off this addition?
There is a piece installed between the additional tube. I do not know what you call it but I guess it will work with the same principle as the PSE one. I have no idea where he is getting that part from. I have seen other applications where you turn on and off with a valve but I have not seen the switch controlled Turbos he prepared.

Hopefully once I listen to Raffi's sound clip, it will make me speed up my process.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by queram
There is a piece installed between the additional tube. I do not know what you call it but I guess it will work with the same principle as the PSE one. I have no idea where he is getting that part from. I have seen other applications where you turn on and off with a valve but I have not seen the switch controlled Turbos he prepared.

Hopefully once I listen to Raffi's sound clip, it will make me speed up my process.

Switch controlled TURBOS ??

The PSE valves are vacuum activated and the vac. in turn is controlled by an electric solenoid valve .
If I were you , I would take a little more interest in what someone is planning on doing with my car (especially if he is messing around with the vacuum or the electrical system )

Good luck.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by JCS
Switch controlled TURBOS ??

The PSE valves are vacuum activated and the vac. in turn is controlled by an electric solenoid valve .
If I were you , I would take a little more interest in what someone is planning on doing with my car (especially if he is messing around with the vacuum or the electrical system )

Good luck.
In my first post in this thread I mentioned that he did this to 2 996 Turbos. I am talking about the exhaust systems, not the turbos. Well since English is not my first language I did not bother to explain what you have said with terminology. I would not be able to do it without digging info.

No one is going to mess with anything before they explain me what is going on. His work is reputed and I want to give him a chance once I see what he did and how he did it.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
Nice job guys

Don't start throwing jabs in the middle of my thread please.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:56 PM
hey guys, woke up hungover this morning (on vacation) and was so excited to install the mufflers i didnt get a chance to record the AWE, but I will try to figure out how to record the oem pse mod set. the car is still on the ramps and i didnt want to get in it before i cleaned up... i will post my impressions in the afternoon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PSE Like Mod