997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Bilstein PSS9 Coilvers Reviews anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Carrera 69 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Another PSS9 question. Will the car bottom out on real hard turns (think track) if it is lowered to something like GT3 ride height?
My car is actually a little lower than a GT3 and it doesn't bottom out(Mosport, Mont Tremblant)

Old 06-06-2007, 08:18 AM
jrgordonsenior is infamous around these parts
I just spoke to a tech at Bilstein. He said the PSS9's for PSM are constantly changing their damping rates as they read vehicle speed, acceleration/deceleration, cornering input, etc. In sport mode they do so at an even faster rate. By comparison, he said once you set the 9-way adjustables you're stuck with that setting no matter what the coonditions....

Old 06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carrera 69
My car is actually a little lower than a GT3 and it doesn't bottom out(Mosport, Mont Tremblant)
Thanks. Is installing them something I could do myself? Sway bars too?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Carrera 69 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Thanks. Is installing them something I could do myself? Sway bars too?
I had my mechanic install them cause I don't have the skill or the facilities to do it on my own. But I know people who can so I'm sure it's possible. my swaybars are from TRG, they look more simple to install but it you're having the coilovers installed by a pro you might as well throw those on while everything is in pieces.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:21 PM
barthu is infamous around these parts
I just had PASM-compatible PSS9s installed and I'm very pleased with the results. My shop was able to dial in the exact ride height I was looking for and I'm very impressed with the ride. The standard mode is a bit stiffer than stock but it is a much more solid ride especially through corners. The sports mode also seems to be a bit more stiff. I am very impressed with the improvement in ride - I can't wait to get it back on the track.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by barthu
I just had PASM-compatible PSS9s installed and I'm very pleased with the results. My shop was able to dial in the exact ride height I was looking for and I'm very impressed with the ride. The standard mode is a bit stiffer than stock but it is a much more solid ride especially through corners. The sports mode also seems to be a bit more stiff. I am very impressed with the improvement in ride - I can't wait to get it back on the track.
Full report needed. How much did it cut down on body roll?

Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I won't be able to give you a full report until I get it back on the track but there is a noticable difference on the street. My wife also drives the car but doesn't drive as aggressively as I do. She too noticed the difference. I'm not quite sure how to describe the condition in technical terms, but the car doesn't lean nearly as much in turns and the dampening/adjustment to the road feels more connected. Overall, it feels more solidly planted to the road. I REALLY like this upgrade. Feel free to ask me specific questions and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey barthu- compliancy It's more compliant going over the roads/bumps and is less unsettled than before I think...

I'm _so_ glad you did it the right way. Just say "no" to springs?

Old 06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks Sharkster - I appreciate the word suggestion Yes, much more compliant. Thanks for making the recommendation and for the great service with installing them.

I just got back from a canyon drive and I am even more please with the ride. I may be overstating things a bit, but it's almost a completely different car. I couldn't be happier!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by barthu
Thanks Sharkster - I appreciate the word suggestion Yes, much more compliant. Thanks for making the recommendation and for the great service with installing them.

I just got back from a canyon drive and I am even more please with the ride. I may be overstating things a bit, but it's almost a completely different car. I couldn't be happier!
I think that is the answer I am looking for. Placing the order next week.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM
MrBonus is infamous around these parts
A.W.E. will be installing a set on my car in two weeks. I'll report back with a review.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
akshon is infamous around these parts
I just got mine done today at lucent. the ride feels slightly stiffer than stock but it rides over bumps much better. in sport mode on the freeway my car used to bounce but with the pss9 that went away. the pss9s are very smooth even on bad roads and make zero noise so far. whatever sloppiness there was on the oem suspension is gone as these seemed to have tightened up everything. overall a huge improvement.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:27 PM
StealthAuto997 is infamous around these parts
KWV3 all the way

Just my $0.02

Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Thanks to you guys for all the feedback, look what I got in the mail today...

Sharky, here I come.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 PM
B-moreBroker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by StealthAuto997
KWV3 all the way

Just my $0.02
do the kwv3's work with pasm?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS9 Coilvers Reviews anyone?