997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:39 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
I had the same thing happen to me(tailights).The module will fix it!
Very comical that this happens when you polish the headlight area of the car!
I have done it TWICE....

Stacy
thanks for the heads up, guys..

i was ready to use my orbital to polish the car..

any area (besides the headlight area) i should AVOID when buffing with an orbital?

thx in adv

Old 03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
thanks for the heads up, guys..

i was ready to use my orbital to polish the car..

any area (besides the headlight area) i should AVOID when buffing with an orbital?

thx in adv
Yeah I would avoid it.....IF you can!

I do believe it takes ALOT of static to ZAP it!
JUST be careful...

Stacy

Old 03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by synergy
Arg, so I assume that the module that I purchase today from Porsche will be the updated version and this won't happen again AND I can run LEDs? That would be awesome...
LOL..that is what they told me too...."This is the updated module".

Long story 'short'(no pun intended)......I shorted/zapped mine TWICE!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I would like to sand, polish, and seal my headlights. So static is a culprit. That means even disconnecting the battery won't avoid it.

I suppose one could remove the headlights for polishing. Any reason that's not going to work?
CATTMAN

Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
I would like to sand, polish, and seal my headlights. So static is a culprit. That means even disconnecting the battery won't avoid it.

I suppose one could remove the headlights for polishing. Any reason that's not going to work?
CATTMAN
I thought of that too, IF it is the static from the headlight.....what IF it is the static from the fender somehow...POSSIBLY?
Headlight does make sense....

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 03-23-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I've polished the hood and fenders enought times that I don't worry about the static from that- if it were going to happen, it would've happened already. Just worried about polishing the lenses themselves- any thoughts?
CATTMAN

Old 03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
I've polished the hood and fenders enought times that I don't worry about the static from that- if it were going to happen, it would've happened already. Just worried about polishing the lenses themselves- any thoughts?
CATTMAN
I too have polished the CRAP out of my car.....with headlights and I have done in two modules!
So makes sense THAT it IS the headlights!
The one time there was A LOT of static....you could hear it 'snapping'...
So headlights IT IS!

Stacy

Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
i've had that happen to my car. I have the work order sheet in front of me now. It says " faulty front control unit ".
Dealer should be able to replace under warranty. They might have to order the part though. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Mister PINK
Did this ever happen to anyone else?

THANKS!!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by T33
i've had that happen to my car. I have the work order sheet in front of me now. It says " faulty front control unit ".
Dealer should be able to replace under warranty. They might have to order the part though. Good luck.
Really an easy fix......

$130 part and the dealer here charged close to $500 to fix......

Old 06-27-2010, 04:07 PM
garyafm142 is just really nicegaryafm142 is just really nicegaryafm142 is just really nicegaryafm142 is just really nicegaryafm142 is just really nice
Same thing happened to me Dealer replaced front control module under warranty.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Like Cattman posted above.......remove the headlight.I do it every time to be on the safe side,besides headlight removal takes 5 minutes...MAX!
"Better safe than digging into the wallet AGAIN"!
Stacy

Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by justatoy
Like Cattman posted above.......remove the headlight.I do it every time to be on the safe side,besides headlight removal takes 5 minutes...MAX!
"Better safe than digging into the wallet AGAIN"!
Stacy
Stacy,
IMHO, what's needed here is a $50 OBD reader/reset tool, readily available from any car parts store or Amazon. Plug it in, read the code reset the code which will eliminate the annoying message on your consode, and then go online to google the error which will quickly point to the problem, often on 6speedonline! It's not uncommon it's a emissions error related to a loose gas cap. Of course if it's something else more important requiring repair, then you can bring it to the dealer if you're under warranty or to your local Porsche mechanic otherwise. Why pay the mechanic $100 to read the code when you can read it forever with your own $50 OBD reader?

Bob
p.s. Stacy, get going on that turbo yet? ... I'm enjoying mine!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Stacy,
IMHO, what's needed here is a $50 OBD reader/reset tool, readily available from any car parts store or Amazon. Plug it in, read the code reset the code which will eliminate the annoying message on your consode, and then go online to google the error which will quickly point to the problem, often on 6speedonline! It's not uncommon it's a emissions error related to a loose gas cap. Of course if it's something else more important requiring repair, then you can bring it to the dealer if you're under warranty or to your local Porsche mechanic otherwise. Why pay the mechanic $100 to read the code when you can read it forever with your own $50 OBD reader?

Bob
p.s. Stacy, get going on that turbo yet? ... I'm enjoying mine!
I used Durametric to get the code........and it said to replace that module!
It won't eliminate the code ,since the part shorted out!

Stacy

PS Bob....I do not have my turbo yet...so QUIT rubbing it in,LOL!

Old 04-10-2011, 07:07 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mister PINK
The front control module was replaced near the hood.
Problem solved.

VERY MINOR ISSUE.
Thank you everyone for your help.
And how much was that module? Just curious as I have the same issue, after vacumming the cooling tunnels on the front spoiler ....

Yves

Old 04-10-2011, 02:39 PM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Mister Pink,

Do you remember the part number of that front control module? Where is it located?

Thanks
Yves

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone? "SYSTEM FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" **SEE IMAGE**