997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to get wheelspin while shifting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
How to get wheelspin while shifting

How do I get wheelspin like in this video while shifting from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, etc. like in this video? Is it bad for my car?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pmMbVPf-88E

Old 07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Great video. Take off psm and pop the clutch?

Old 07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
He is shifting at red line and shifting fast...no big deal. Bad for your car?....ummm lots of thing are bad the only thing that will get used up fast doing this all the time, everytime out in the car is the clutch and rear tires.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
it seems he might be "popping" the clutch..
meaning, while he gives gas, his foot is still on the clutch..

Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
1. you need to be an immature Idiot, with a lot of money to burn.

2. then rev it up and pop the clutch.

But since you have to ask ( which is in your favor ) don't do it .

Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Dont do it!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
You're asking how to be a worse driver? genius.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I wasn't asking how to be a worse driver, I was asking how one achieves wheel spin shifting up, as in the video.
Sorry you have a problem with that curiosity.
Thanks.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCS
1. you need to be an immature Idiot, with a lot of money to burn.

2. then rev it up and pop the clutch.

But since you have to ask ( which is in your favor ) don't do it .
Are you bitter about the fact that you dont have that money to burn?
Minimal wheelspeen while upshifting is an ideal shift for your information.
Why get a porsche, 6 speed on top of that, and not take it to its limits once in while. When people take their cars to the drag strip or the road course, you think theyre doing their car a favor or their doing themselves one.

Just go out drive and have fun while being safe, dont worry about BS.

To chirp gears you must go to redline, shift fast while not removing your foot of the gas completely.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
I wasn't asking how to be a worse driver,.... I was asking how one achieves wheel spin shifting up, as in the video.
Uhh, right. Asking how to purposefully spin the tires, and asking to be a worse driver are kinda one in the same.

Most smart people would be inquiring how to shift quicker withOUT wheelspin.

Sigh, and even too much of a pansy to post what you origionally stated. Run along noob.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Vicious
You're asking how to be a worse driver? genius.
What car you think will win in a race, your definition of a "worse driver" or your definition of a "good driver"...
Its funny cause Ill bet that the "worse drivers" car will be just as healthy as the "good drivers" car in the long run.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
What car you think will win in a race, your definition of a "worse driver" or your definition of a "good driver"...
Its funny cause Ill bet that the "worse drivers" car will be just as healthy as the "good drivers" car in the long run.
Other than being hard on the clutch and tranny (depending on HP) the longevity of the cars probably won't change much.

But the guy spinning his tires will lose in a race without question.

At any rate, if you guys want to drive like ******bags spinning your tires playing johnny wanna be racer, go ahead. It's entertaining in the least.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Vicious
Other than being hard on the clutch and tranny (depending on HP) the longevity of the cars probably won't change much.

But the guy spinning his tires will lose in a race without question.

At any rate, if you guys want to drive like ******bags spinning your tires playing johnny wanna be racer, go ahead. It's entertaining in the least.
Minimal tire spin is an ideal shift.. why do you think cars equiped with gearboxes such as the ferraris F1 or the BMW's SMG chirp 1-2 2-3 and even 3-4 sometimes.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:45 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
Are you bitter about the fact that you dont have that money to burn?
Minimal wheelspeen while upshifting is an ideal shift for your information.
Why get a porsche, 6 speed on top of that, and not take it to its limits once in while. When people take their cars to the drag strip or the road course, you think theyre doing their car a favor or their doing themselves one.

Just go out drive and have fun while being safe, dont worry about BS.

To chirp gears you must go to redline, shift fast while not removing your foot of the gas completely.
I totally agree with you. If he wants to drive his car and spin the tires, whats the big deal. It''s not your car. Also I think he just wants to know how the guy in the video was doing so. I guess it's not allowed to be curious on this forum..... I have chirped the tires on my 997CS, even with the PSM on but with sport button on too.. I don't think the guy in the video is being to hard on the car, maybe on the take offs but not on the shifts..

Old 07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I thought the 997 guy drove well and his car sounds great, I love some wheelspin when shifting the GT3 used to get it all the time and my CL63 no prob!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to get wheelspin while shifting