997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Yellow 997S All ready for some track time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oc997
That wing blade is totally angling forward too much. Does not look right.
The wing has pitch adjustment and was set for a high speed track requiring a lot of down force..

Even though the Rs wing is good it still does not offer a lot of down force hence requiring additional rake.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Fabryce, you have a PM.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Fabryce, you have a PM.

Got it ,, replied with email

Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Ques: the board just jumped all over a guy who labeled his car gt3rs. This has Carrera SR decals. Why is this any more legitimate?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor
Because...........

The car is still a Carrera S - But we added the R because of the racing theme.

This car isnt posing as an RS .. Thats the difference

Old 07-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
M3=Lunch is infamous around these parts
Dare I say this car would give a stock 997 GT3 a run for its money around the ring..... possibly taking it .X.

No poser here.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Im just confused as to why the person wouldnt just get a GT3?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Karrera4
Thats the same with the supercharger, why not just get the TT... the answer: because you can.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M3=Lunch
Dare I say this car would give a stock 997 GT3 a run for its money around the ring..... possibly taking it .X.

No poser here.
It is a lovely piece of work. About running with a GT3,the engine is essentially a stock 3.8 as I read the specs. In addition I think that official Porsche nomenclature should be reserved for cars built by the factory to whatever specs apply at the time. If anyone were to build a car for me I would want their name on the side.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Karrera4
It's same when you see someone drive a Cayman why don't he/she get the Cayman S? Or you see someone drive a Carrera, why don't he/she get the Carrera S? Why am I drive a Carrera S not the Turbo 997tt?
The answer is $$$$$

Old 07-19-2007, 07:12 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
this GMG car is nowhere near what I consider a poser car nor is this pretending to be a GT3RS or anything like that. I did not consider it to be about the owner not affording a GT3 or RS and $$$. To me everything that has been done to this 997S is for a purpose of making it faster and to me those are the correct mods and the way to really do up a 997S.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ty328
It's same when you see someone drive a Cayman why don't he/she get the Cayman S? Or you see someone drive a Carrera, why don't he/she get the Carrera S? Why am I drive a Carrera S not the Turbo 997tt?
The answer is $$$$$
I highly doubt that in this case .. those mods are worth much more than the price difference between a CarreraS and a GT3.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
apex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud ofapex177 has much to be proud of
Nice car. I'm always impressed with the work of GMG. Nice job fellas!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:11 AM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
That looks great, are the roll bars bolted or welded to the chassis?

Old 07-20-2007, 07:26 PM
jakethunder is infamous around these parts
any shots of the rear & wing?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yellow 997S All ready for some track time