997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Yellow 997S All ready for some track time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Yellow 997S All ready for some track time

We have been working on this car for a client and getting it ready for some track duty..

Here are a few final shots.

Some of the upgrades:

GT3 Cup front bumper
GT3 Rs rear wing
Full Cargraphic Sport exhaust with headers , cats and mufflers.
GMG lightweight flywheel with spring loaded sachs sport clutch
LSD
Moton Club Sports
Eibach ERS Springs
Upper solid mounts.
GMG GT upper dog bones
GMG toe steet kit
GMG inner A Arm bearings
GMG thrust arm bushings
GT3 Cup front lower arms
GT3 Sway bars
GMG GT Harness bar
Spraco 5 point harness pass and driver
GMG Carbon center rad exhaust vent grille
BBS 3 Piece 18 race wheels 18x 12 rear and 18x9 front
Yokoham Slicks
GIAC Software
GT3 seats.

Awesome car that can still be driven on the street when the slick are swapped out.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
wow, impressive. That's some serious hardware.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:46 PM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Word.. Really looks cool..
I really liked the "Carrera S R" written on the side of the car.. Kinda reminds me of classic 911's that I used to play around with,in that NFS : Porsche Unleashed game..
hahaha..

Old 07-12-2007, 12:50 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Awesome looking car!!!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
sick *** 997! gonna tear it up at the track.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
That look Hot!!! Fabryce,
Can you post some pic on the rear of this car, I like to see how the RS wing look on the S? Thanks.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
DDW
DDW is infamous around these parts
-Nice,but slicks on a 997 engine without a fully dry sump lubrication like in the GT3/RS/TT is not the best for track attack.

cheers

Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DDW
-Nice,but slicks on a 997 engine without a fully dry sump lubrication like in the GT3/RS/TT is not the best for track attack.

cheers

Never had an issue with oiling on this car or anyother we have run slicks on..

Maybe its our tracks in the USA that have less grip

Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Now THAT is the way to do up a Porsche! Everything is there for a performance reason and functional! I LOVE IT. That is EXACTLY how I want my next Porsche!

DDW, guys in my club run slicks in 997S/996 and they get a different oil pan with baffels installed for a few hundrd dollars at the local Porsche dealer. Never had a problem.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
M3=Lunch is infamous around these parts
Car looks absolutely amazing! Good work over there guys, best looking non GT3/RS that I have seen.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:53 PM
AP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really nice
Perfect example of function over form Love EVERYTHING about this car

Old 07-14-2007, 03:18 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
I love seein you guys churn these cars out.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:29 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Boy I wish I lived closer. I'm doing mine a little bit at a time but haven't done the bushings, bearings, control arms and sway bars yet fearing that I'll compromise the ride quality on the street too much and that I'll have some combination of parts that aren't optimized or dialed in. Is the LSD a rebuild of the current differential, or a replacement unit? That is also still on my "to do" list.

Great set up and great looking car.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
Boy I wish I lived closer. I'm doing mine a little bit at a time but haven't done the bushings, bearings, control arms and sway bars yet fearing that I'll compromise the ride quality on the street too much and that I'll have some combination of parts that aren't optimized or dialed in. Is the LSD a rebuild of the current differential, or a replacement unit? That is also still on my "to do" list.

Great set up and great looking car.
The bearings and bushings do not effect the ride quality in any negative manner they improve the feel and the ride.

If you need links and misc parts we always have them in stock and 6speeders get a special discount.. So feel to drop me a line if you need anything.

Ride quality and cabin vibrations come into effect when you solid mount the subframes to the chasis and the engine.

The diff is a drop in replacement unit.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:37 PM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
That wing blade is totally angling forward too much. Does not look right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yellow 997S All ready for some track time