997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

If ANY of you know anything about stereos... PLEASE...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
If ANY of you know anything about stereos... PLEASE...

Guys,

I've already made a post about this. I'm sorry. I'm desperate. Have any of you taken out your head unit to put in an aftermarket? I'm only thinking of doing this because they can't figure out why my factory one won't play. Nothing.

Please help me. I've been without my car for 2 months.

Jared

Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 AM
wizo is infamous around these parts
I dont see why they would not replace the whole thing--Warranty?

But my opinion would be go down to circuit city or Best buy and buy one that your really love and have them install there. THere installations are great and will make it look professional. They also warranty work and the products they sell. You can get extended warranties as well.

I think the stock one is better that aftermarket. So I would give them a time frame b.c 2 months without your car would be like withdraw city. Shakes and everything.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:14 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Other than storing in my lap times, is there any functions in the PSM that will be rendered unuseable? Will my car even run? See, I don't know if there's something in the factory head unit that keeps me from being able to change it. That's what the question is.

Thanks for helping me wizo... twice.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
wizo is infamous around these parts
Ask your parts department, but if I am correct and I have been doing some serious reading the Sport crono function ties into your PCM module storing your lap times and giving you a visual read out. If you dont car about that then I dont see why it would effect anything else. I mean you still will have the stop watch and its functionality tied into your suspension, throttle maps and such. But again, please ask your dealer before you do that...

Dang it man the stocker is nice they should just give you a whole new one or have they tried that already?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM
They already put another one in it, as well as another amp. No go on anything.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:49 AM
HL997c2s has a spectacular aura aboutHL997c2s has a spectacular aura about
I replaced the Bose setup with a Pioneer D3 headunit, JL Audio amps, and Dynaudio components. The only thing you will lose is the track time logging. Everything still works as usual. For all you guys wondering "why the hell would he do that"? I am the JL Audio rep for the area and it was a great excuse to be able to write off the car.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 AM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HL997c2s
I replaced the Bose setup with a Pioneer D3 headunit, JL Audio amps, and Dynaudio components. The only thing you will lose is the track time logging. Everything still works as usual. For all you guys wondering "why the hell would he do that"? I am the JL Audio rep for the area and it was a great excuse to be able to write off the car.
Love to see some photo's of your Pioneer D3 & JL audio amps.
Thanks

Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I have been trying to upload pics but all I get is

There seems to have been a problem with the 6speedonline.com Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

If you want you can PM me your e-mail address and I can send them to you

Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
if you are going to replace

Old 08-10-2007, 10:40 AM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
If you are going to replace the head unit, make sure you use a reputable shop that has worked on Porsches before and has the experience...My brother in law brought his in to a shop to have a sub and amp put in last month...The installer accidentally drilled into his wiring harness, frying everything electrical in the car...total cost to repair - north of $40,000... Insurance may just total it out...Going to be a few months before this process is all done and he's driving again...

Old 08-11-2007, 07:12 PM
ty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to beholdty328 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HL997c2s
Damn! Howie,
That look so Hot! Here's those photos you send it to me.
I will PM you see how much that cost? Can you watch DVD movie too?

Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
O/T, coming to Knoxville still?

Old 08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
MJS NYC is infamous around these parts
How is it that Porsche cannot figure this out? Something doesn't sound right...Have you gotten Porsche NA involved in this to any degree? Is it a salvage title?

But to answer your question, not having the ability to have an OEM (or OEM based) stereo is going to kill your resale value. I would REALLY focus on getting this resolved... if you still want an upgrade afterwards, go with Reus.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I second Reus. He has a mod for the bose system so you maintain the oem head.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:39 PM
You can use the JL Audio Cleansweep OEM integration unit to keep the oem headunit. But in this case the oem head unit must be working.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If ANY of you know anything about stereos... PLEASE...