997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

installed X51 header and got my Awe mufflers back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dndodd
If your service is "second to none" you shouldn't use this line in the same paragraph, "but this is industry standard".
You're right, but we are far from oridinary when it comes to our level of service. Again, I encourage you to research our track record.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 PM
schicago is infamous around these parts
I was told by my Prsche service manager that AWE would not replace the mufflers, if so why did it take AEW over 2 weeks to send the mufflerto Chicago, if you order them it takes 3 days!
The mufflers were less than 2 months old, so what if they claim they gave me the mufflers which "cost" $1,195.00.
AWE admits it has issues that means they admit there was a design flaw. I could have asked AWE for a lot more in damages but asked solely for $180.00 to reimburse me for labor. the rest is for you to decide, I am sensitive about losing the use of my 2006 997 S for 3 weeks.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
AWE advised me that there is a lifetime warranty on the mufflers, I have not seen their warranty, maybe Mike can PM the warranty to me.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
You're right, but we are far from oridinary when it comes to our level of service. Again, I encourage you to research our track record.
I don't question your track record or your product.

But I don't understand why someone with a defective product, that you recognize as defective should have to bear the full burden of reinstallation and loss of use of their car?

I really think you need to address this issue with your top management. I suggest you take any resolution with schicago off line.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by schicago
I was told by my Prsche service manager that AWE would not replace the mufflers, if so why did it take AEW over 2 weeks to send the mufflerto Chicago, if you order them it takes 3 days!
The mufflers were less than 2 months old, so what if they claim they gave me the mufflers which "cost" $1,195.00.
AWE admits it has issues that means they admit there was a design flaw. I could have asked AWE for a lot more in damages but asked solely for $180.00 to reimburse me for labor. the rest is for you to decide, I am sensitive about losing the use of my 2006 997 S for 3 weeks.
We would not? Not the case at all.

I asked them to send them back for inspection. I told Brian (I think that was his name) that once we received them we would make a determination.

When they arrived we we not inclined to fix them, but rather replace them with a new pair.

Reason it took so long is we had none made. We had to wait on some end caps and brackets, then we could make a new set. That was the delay. When you called to place your initial order, we happen to have a set on the shelf we could send that day.

Again we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dndodd
I don't question your track record or your product.

But I don't understand why someone with a defective product, that you recognize as defective should have to bear the full burden of reinstallation and loss of use of their car?

I really think you need to address this issue with your top management. I suggest you take any resolution with schicago off line.
Why take it offline? I would prefer to keep this in the open. I have nothing to hide and refuse to try and just sweep this under the rug like I've seen people do in the past.

We feel our policy of replacing with new, rather than fix and already broken piece, along with covering shipping and a gift certificate is more than you would find with most companies.

Again, I encourage you to look around and see how other issues have been handled by some of our competitors.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Why take it offline? I would prefer to keep this in the open. I have nothing to hide and refuse to try and just sweep this under the rug like I've seen people do in the past.

We feel our policy of replacing with new, rather than fix and already broken piece, along with covering shipping and a gift certificate is more than you would find with most companies.

Again, I encourage you to look around and see how other issues have been handled by some of our competitors.
This is one of many difficulties in dealing with vendors not geographically close...and it's a risk most of us are willing to take when we puchase quality products. If the same customer had purchased the product at your shop and had you do the install, would you have charged additional labor to remove and replace the defecive product? I'm guessing not.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
This is one of many difficulties in dealing with vendors not geographically close...and it's a risk most of us are willing to take when we puchase quality products. If the same customer had purchased the product at your shop and had you do the install, would you have charged additional labor to remove and replace the defecive product? I'm guessing not.
We would not, and if it is not something that we make that fails, no vendor that I know of pays us for the labor charges incurred to fix it.

We would however charge labor for something someone brought to us that the customer supplied.

Will this thread tarnish our reputation somewhat? Most likely, but in our opinion, openly airing how it was handled and our attitude towards it will hopefully urge users to continue to buy from us.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 08-15-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:35 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
We would not, and if it is not something that we make that fails, no vendor that I know of pays us for the labor charges incurred to fix it.

We would however charge labor for something someone brought to us that the customer supplied.

Will this thread tarnish our reputation somewhat? Most likely, but in our opinion, openly airing how it was handled and our attitude towards will hopefully urge users to continue to buy from us.
No worries about me - I'm a satisfied buyer of your headers for a 997S

Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
No worries about me - I'm a satisfied buyer of your headers for a 997S

I know and I appreciate you sticking with us.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
since we are all open , it is curious to note that AWE through Mike has not openly responded to me. Why say I got $1,195.00 parts when Mike Romano who works at AWE stated the part is under a lifetime warranty; does that address the facts? Why not own up to the problem and inconvience caused to me by a design that was not suited to the purpose it was intended ?

I did get an apology with the offer of a future credit.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by schicago
since we are all open , it is curious to note that AWE through Mike has not openly responded to me. Why say I got $1,195.00 parts when Mike Romano who works at AWE stated the part is under a lifetime warranty; does that address the facts? Why not own up to the problem and inconvience caused to me by a design that was not suited to the purpose it was intended ?

I did get an apology with the offer of a future credit.
You now have me completely confused. I am Mike Romano.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Mike, your last name is not on any of the posts. Why are you confused my posts are straightforward. You told me of the lifetime warranty then why state that I got $1,195.00 in new mufflers. I believe you were in contact with the parts department at my dealer. Where's the warranty ?

I asked for a fair sum why would I want a $100.00 certificate; to use when the cats I bought from you fail?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor
The parts are warranted lifetime. We replaced your old pair with brand new mufflers. I am still confused. They shipped to you on 8/7.

Your cats failed? I have no record of that. Did you buy them from us or from a dealer of ours?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold

I was under the impression that AWE installed the mufflers. In that case, your response to the warranty claim is more than fair and it is what I would consider to be outstanding customer service. There isn't a company out there that will replace a product AND pay for R&R of the defective product if done by an outside shop. Stuff happens and you stood behind your warranty and your product. Is it safe to say that if you had originally installed the mufflers, you would not charge to R&R the defective mufflers?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: installed X51 header and got my Awe mufflers back