997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

installed X51 header and got my Awe mufflers back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:04 PM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
I have done some research.

MIKE from AWE is CORRECT.

I am sorry for any heartburn I may have caused.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I was under the impression that AWE installed the mufflers. In that case, your response to the warranty claim is more than fair and it is what I would consider to be outstanding customer service. There isn't a company out there that will replace a product AND pay for R&R of the defective product if done by an outside shop. Stuff happens and you stood behind your warranty and your product. Is it safe to say that if you had originally installed the mufflers, you would not charge to R&R the defective mufflers?
You are correct. If you buy something from us direct and WE install it, labor is covered.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:07 AM
schicago is infamous around these parts
What is the difference if you install your defective product or a Porsche dealer installs it; that is illogical. The problem was not based on improper installation. Your company sat on my dealer's request to adjust the problem my car was received by the dealer on July 23, 2007 15 days before you shipped the mufflers.

I have yet to see a written warranty. You convinced me your are confused and the mufflers mirror that state.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by schicago
What is the difference if you install your defective product or a Porsche dealer installs it; that is illogical. The problem was not based on improper installation. Your company sat on my dealer's request to adjust the problem my car was received by the dealer on July 23, 2007 15 days before you shipped the mufflers.

I have yet to see a written warranty. You convinced me your are confused and the mufflers mirror that state.

As I stated before, we did not have a system on the shelf that I could send that day. A brand new system had to be made.

An email has been dispatched with a copy of our warranty document.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Banned
carnut1 is infamous around these parts
I am not trying to defend AWE and een though they are very close to me I have never done business with them directly. I have though been moding cars for over 30 years and what Mike says about the standard in the industry is correct. I have had many problems with products I have bought over the years, and have found not many vendors are even willing to admit there could be something wrong, let alone offer to replace it.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 PM
1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold1Gunner is a splendid one to behold
Mike and AWE have been first rate with me and the problems I recently encountered.

Thanks Mike, the new "improved" cans arrived late last week and will be installed early this week.

You could not have provided me with a better level of after-sales service........ than had I not needed after-sales service in the first place!!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:59 PM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
I have dealt with Mike on other issues and he has been extremely helpful. I have nothing bad to say about awe He is willing to bend over backwards to help.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
last year i removed my awe cats in an effort to return my car back to stock condition. when i removed them i noticed that the internals were moving from side to side as if they were loose. i didn't think anything was wrong because performance was fine, however they were a bit noisy under full throttle, but I thought that was normal since they were my first performance cats i ever purchased and i didn't know better. I ended up selling them to a 6speed member, whom, after installation, called me to complain that the cats did not sound right. I then called mike at AWE, told him the situation and without hesitation he said he would replace the cats under warranty. Since i had already sold them he offered to honor that warranty to my buyer. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Old 08-29-2007, 08:08 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by schicago
I feel a slight improvement in response with the X51 headers,cheap, cheap, cheap, $279.00 each, gasket $5.00+ each.

After 3 weeks I got my formerly new Awe mufflers back, the baffles blew loose; the fix was a horizontal support to keep them baffles from removing themselves again. The labor cost $180.00 for the mufflers, I think AWE should reimburse me since their redesign shows the first design was lacking.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?
I agree you should NOT have payed the labour... they (AWE) sold you their own CUSTOM mufflers that were defective so you should not have to pay for labor.... if they sold you RUF, FABSPEED or any other brand that they don't make themselves... I can definitely understand the labor charge... but their own in house mufflers... come on... not right.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C70Pete
I agree you should NOT have payed the labour... they (AWE) sold you their own CUSTOM mufflers that were defective so you should not have to pay for labor.... if they sold you RUF, FABSPEED or any other brand that they don't make themselves... I can definitely understand the labor charge... but their own in house mufflers... come on... not right.
Unfortunately that's not the way the real world works. AWE's response was in line with normal business practice.