997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

H & R vs. Techart vs. Gemballa, etc....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
PORSCHEAUDIOLUV is infamous around these parts
I would definately agree with Arling.Personally i will never buy H&R springs in the future they are way too choppy . I would recomend coilovers so you have a matched set of springs and shocks that are m,ade to work together .The Techart springs & the Eibach would be the better choice if you dont want to sacrifice comfort .

Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i used the word bouncy instead of choppy because the PASM shocks are very forgiving. hope that will clear any confusion.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
thanks to all who gave input. but does anyone know how much one should pay for changing out springs plus the alignment, thanks again

Old 08-15-2007, 05:57 PM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Just another view point... You should read many of the posts here about shock failures at around 10,000 miles due to lowering springs. The oem shocks and springs were designed as a pair. The first post I read about failure was more than a year ago from a guy who had his shocks blow and of course warranty was refused as he went aftermarket with springs. I don't remember how much he had to pay for new shocks ($5k or so?), but I think I remember him going back to oem springs at that point. You should just go into this understanding there are risks -- the car will sit lower so you may damage the underside of your car, and you may blow out your shocks.

I have heard very good reviews about the Bilstein PSS for PASM...

Old 08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dmoney
thanks to all who gave input. but does anyone know how much one should pay for changing out springs plus the alignment, thanks again
depends on location, shop labor rate etc. it's a typical 4hr job + alignment.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 20C4S
depends on location, shop labor rate etc. it's a typical 4hr job + alignment.
That must be typical in La.....In Maui that is a 2 day job.

Aloha

Byron

Old 08-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
That must be typical in La.....In Maui that is a 2 day job.

Aloha

Byron
so that's about $2,200 dollars in labor?

Old 08-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 20C4S
so that's about $2,200 dollars in labor?
Trade value = 1 stand up paddle board.

Aloha

Byron

Old 08-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I am sure it is not 2 days of actual work they are just asking for you to leave your car for 2 days .IN Los angeles you would probably expect to pay $300-400 for the labor of the springs + another $150 for 4 wheel allignment .

Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Maui is a different ball game.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:29 PM
So how much are they charging in MAUI to install springs ?
make sure they do the allignement as well at the same time .Depending on how many miles your car has you may want to consider the Bilstein PSS9 FOR Pasm Coilver kit this way you get new shocks that mated to the springs and the install should be about the same amount of time .

Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I sold my springs before they were installed but a steering wheel trade out did cost me three hundred bucks...lol

Aloha

Byron

Old 08-16-2007, 08:15 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I have the H&R Springs on my 997 Turbo and I can say I like them much better than stock. I don't have the bouncy feel that I had when it was stock. With PASM on it does get a little that way but then again it was that way with Stock Springs but with a little choppier ride. I guess I am on the opposite end with the feel of the H&R's. I have talked to other people before I went with them and they liked them as well. I am much happier with my setup with H&R's and spacers 7mm|15mm.

To each their own and that is what modding is all about.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
H&R very choppy as I found it in my Cayenne. From now on, I am gonna pony up and not deal with springs.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
Yeah thanks ALPINE you just made me feel a whole lot better after just buying H & R's springs. But I tell you these opions are all over the board, I will definately give my opinion on this board after install.... (to be determined)...any other opinions please lets us know!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: H & R vs. Techart vs. Gemballa, etc....