997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is Iforged Still In Business?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
mark the tire with a marker relative to the rim. sometimes the rubber turns on the wheel so that it WAS balanced, then it goes off.

Originally Posted by jreeves197
My local dealer roadforce balanced them but 2 weeks later they were terrible.. Its very frustrating.. when they first do the balance its ok but I always feel a pulsating vibration. I thought it was from changing the stock wheels and putting the tires on the aftermarket wheels without an alignment. When the aftermarkets were originally put on the tire shop did not roadforce them, it was only later. I have 6k miles on them and when they balanced them last week the rears were off 37 lbs on one side and 51lbs on the other, absolutly horrible ride.. I hope it isnt the wheels, I'm putting new tires on it tomorrow. The dealer says the tires are bad. the machine measured them and all the rims show marginal, which the dealer said is normal on aftermarkets but it also said the tires were out completely.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
UPDATE: I just put new tires on the Iforged wheels and every one of the wheels have runout..They were all roadforced. The dealer says the wheels are causing my vibration. I am putting the new tires on the stock wheels today and will be sending the wheels back to I forged to see if they can fix the problem. Ive only had them for about a month and Ive had to balance them 6 times!! This is getting way too expensive for just a set of wheels, which were very expensive to begin with.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
UPDATE: I just put new tires on the Iforged wheels and every one of the wheels have runout..They were all roadforced. The dealer says the wheels are causing my vibration. I am putting the new tires on the stock wheels today and will be sending the wheels back to I forged to see if they can fix the problem. Ive only had them for about a month and Ive had to balance them 6 times!! This is getting way too expensive for just a set of wheels, which were very expensive to begin with.
should get your money back and buy something else.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
wizo is infamous around these parts
Yeah--I really wanted a set of Iforged swifts and almost pulled the trigger. But too many vendors have been concerned regarding Iforged's quality lately and would not reccomend them. Its a shame, since I like their look over many other wheel choices.

When you get the chance to I would maybe flip the wheels with a disclaimer and or try and see if they will credit your money back.

Sorry for all your luck, I hope that this last boubt of problems will be your last. I have had similar things go wrong in the past regarding modifications and it really start to effect the way you generally feel about your car.

Good luck and God Speed.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:57 AM
jreeves197 is infamous around these partsjreeves197 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wizo
Yeah--I really wanted a set of Iforged swifts and almost pulled the trigger. But too many vendors have been concerned regarding Iforged's quality lately and would not reccomend them. Its a shame, since I like their look over many other wheel choices.

When you get the chance to I would maybe flip the wheels with a disclaimer and or try and see if they will credit your money back.

Sorry for all your luck, I hope that this last boubt of problems will be your last. I have had similar things go wrong in the past regarding modifications and it really start to effect the way you generally feel about your car.

Good luck and God Speed.
Thank you, They are really good looking wheels. I looked around for 6 months to decide. I hope they can figure out the problem, so far vince at Iforged has been helpful and wants to help figure it out. I'll let you know how they handle it. I still love my car, its just very stressful that i can't drive it like it was meant to be driven until its fixed.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
My local dealer roadforce balanced them but 2 weeks later they were terrible.. Its very frustrating.. when they first do the balance its ok but I always feel a pulsating vibration. I thought it was from changing the stock wheels and putting the tires on the aftermarket wheels without an alignment. When the aftermarkets were originally put on the tire shop did not roadforce them, it was only later. I have 6k miles on them and when they balanced them last week the rears were off 37 lbs on one side and 51lbs on the other, absolutly horrible ride.. I hope it isnt the wheels, I'm putting new tires on it tomorrow. The dealer says the tires are bad. the machine measured them and all the rims show marginal, which the dealer said is normal on aftermarkets but it also said the tires were out completely.
!!!!!

Anything more than 22 lbs is considered out of round. The tires are bad.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
!!!!!

I understand that. But, what caused the two rears to go out of round??? They went bad as soon as I put them on the new wheels with a vibration.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:44 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
jreeves, what brand and size of tires do you have that are bad?

Old 09-01-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by mdrums
jreeves, what brand and size of tires do you have that are bad?
Stock michelin ps2's 295/30/19 rear. So far no more vibration.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:27 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I understand that. But, what caused the two rears to go out of round??? They went bad as soon as I put them on the new wheels with a vibration.
Unfortunately it seems we have seen quite a few out-of-round 19" PS2's lately. They may have been bad right out of the gate.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Unfortunately it seems we have seen quite a few out-of-round 19" PS2's lately. They may have been bad right out of the gate.
I got some bad 18"s from you guys for my GT3 as well.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
!!!!!

Bad road force can come from wheels as well.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Really?? Everyone I talk to says michelin hardly ever has quality issues. What has been causing the problem??

Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I forged is no longer a sponsor?

Old 09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
WheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant futureWheelEnhancement has a brilliant future
Michelin makes an excellent product and we sell a lot of Michelin tires. We use the Hunter Road Force balancer and very rarely have any out of round or excessive weight issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is Iforged Still In Business?????