997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

dension bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
dension bluetooth

This system uses a mono microphone. Does anyone know of a boom mic that I could wire into the system?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:50 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
I have the same problem. People can NOT hear me very well, also the speaker volume is way too small, so if I bump up the volume level, next thing you know, your speakers blow because of the ipod songs controlled by same volume...

Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
hmm, interesting. I was gonna get it, but now more interested to see how Dension reps will address these obvious design flaws.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
bob/ft.worth is infamous around these parts
agree with aznevoviii; i have disconnected my denison BT for the moment until they work out some of the issues. On some test calls, folks seem to hear me ok (I placed the mike along the door trim by the visor) but the caller's volume is way too low for this device to be useful- at least using an iphone. You have to turn up the volume way loud to hear the caller (and then it's only marginal) and then remember to turn it down before switching back to the ipod or radio.
I have sent eric a message with this quirk hoping for a future update.
In direct answer to your question: what ever mic is used must have a long cable and i suppose the impedance must match.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:36 AM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bob/ft.worth
agree with aznevoviii; i have disconnected my denison BT for the moment until they work out some of the issues. On some test calls, folks seem to hear me ok (I placed the mike along the door trim by the visor) but the caller's volume is way too low for this device to be useful- at least using an iphone. You have to turn up the volume way loud to hear the caller (and then it's only marginal) and then remember to turn it down before switching back to the ipod or radio.
I have sent eric a message with this quirk hoping for a future update.
In direct answer to your question: what ever mic is used must have a long cable and i suppose the impedance must match.
I have better results with the mic attached to the center left where the homelink and switches are. The pickup is a little better. Volume is still an issue!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 AM
TD in DC is infamous around these parts
In the steering column, there is a place for TWO microphones. If you put the stock Dension BT microphone in the empty place, the installation is completely invisible and the sound quality is good . . . provided you are not using an iphone.

The iphone volume issue appears to be related to the phone/unit pairing itself rather than the microphone or microphone placement.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:52 PM
larrytrk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TD in DC
In the steering column, there is a place for TWO microphones. If you put the stock Dension BT microphone in the empty place, the installation is completely invisible and the sound quality is good . . . provided you are not using an iphone.
The iphone volume issue appears to be related to the phone/unit pairing itself rather than the microphone or microphone placement.
Pictures? more info on placement!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
This is why I passed on the BT option for now.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:00 AM
ahsans is infamous around these parts
More information or pictures on placement in the steering column would definitely be appreciated.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't have any pictures handy yet, but just look at the top of your steering column. You should see two small "grates" on either side of the column. Underneath those grates is where the microphones can be placed. I hope this helps.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:48 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
TD in DC, where did you get your installed at?

I am somewhat local, and would like to check out your system whatnot.

Thanks

Old 09-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Mark Johnson at Myer-Emco at Seven Corners . . .

Happy to meet you sometime to show you what I have. I live in Georgetown. You?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by TD in DC
Mark Johnson at Myer-Emco at Seven Corners . . .

Happy to meet you sometime to show you what I have. I live in Georgetown. You?
I live in Clarksville, MD, but I do go down to Georgetown every now and often. My girlfriend goes to GW, so I will be around.

If you dont mind, can I get your cellular number, so next time I am down at GT, I will give you a call if you are around.

PS: are you going any of the meet soon? like Escape of America or some run to summit point by PCA?

-John Kim

Old 09-28-2007, 03:46 PM
I'll send you a PM with my number.

Yes, I am, or at least was, fairly active at track events. I am sure we will be in the same neck of the woods pretty soon.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the pm.

Back to the thread,

NAV-TV kit looks way better than Dension kit, according to this prototype guy.
I hope dension updates their software for bluetooth, so we could have better feature.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dension bluetooth