American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Jay Leno's 8.2 L 600hp CORVETTE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brucem
So you don't believe that the air coming from the front of the car is enough? So anytime you make a motor larger, you need to put a fan to force more air in? I guess the only way to get more power out of a motor with more displacement is adding a S/C..

I guess I need to tell everyone that I know that have built their motors and increased the HP (without adding a new snorkel) that they wasted all of their money, and the DYNO lies
wtf are you babbling about? I was talking about the cylinder heads/cam shaft, intake manifold.

Pull your head out of your ***.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
henryr is infamous around these partshenryr is infamous around these parts
where can i buy those seats ?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
...looks sloooow...and it's still just a Vette.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Vicious
wtf are you babbling about? I was talking about the cylinder heads/cam shaft, intake manifold.

Pull your head out of your ***.
we can ""guess" what you are talking about. and just because they label it as an increase in motor size, are you sure they did nothing to they heads? Or maybe there was no need to the heads to be worked over in the car to get to the HP they wanted to acheive. I "think" that Katech (who builds for Pratt-Miller) know a few things about these motors, and the history they have with winning races and endurance imes proves that.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
right... no logical person would 'guess' I was talking about some retarded snorkel, erm, but then again you were the only one.

You're missing the whole marketing stunt effect here. Custom billet block, 500ci, blah blah sounds neater than a 427 spun up to make an assload of power.

If it really was a performance advantage, don't you think the C6R would have gone there? Those heads aren't bad, but they lack a lot of things to support a 500" motor.

In reality, 600 crank hp from a billet block, dry sump, 11:1 compression 500ci motor is absolutely pitiful.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Car is amazing. I'll bet the price is up there, at least $150K-$200K.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Vicious
right... no logical person would 'guess' I was talking about some retarded snorkel, erm, but then again you were the only one.

You're missing the whole marketing stunt effect here. Custom billet block, 500ci, blah blah sounds neater than a 427 spun up to make an assload of power.

If it really was a performance advantage, don't you think the C6R would have gone there? Those heads aren't bad, but they lack a lot of things to support a 500" motor.

In reality, 600 crank hp from a billet block, dry sump, 11:1 compression 500ci motor is absolutely pitiful.
To make 600hp and keep the motor very drivable and reliable is not the easiest thing to do, especially without turbos and/or S/C. But i guess the 20% increase in HP is worthless too? Pitiful for a race motor sure, but not for a reliable daily driver (which would be a goal of a product you sell to the "masses" and not a race team.

I understand the maketing side, hell it is smart business for Katech and everyone involved. Do you think they will not have an upgrade for heads down the road, and leave the motor alone as is?

Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Lot of CRAP in this thread.

The block is the billet Dart piece. The heads, and cam are most definately not stock. The LS7 intake supports the factory 427ci with ease. A sheetmetal intake would definately make more power however. Why they chose not to gets me. It doesn't fit under a stock hood, but they put the time into making a carbon fiber one. So who knows.

Anywho, this car is lighter than a stock Z06, has more power, and still drives like stock. Can't beat that. Probably talking a 3000lb. car with the claimed 600/585 numbers.

600RWHP ain't all that hard to make on an LSX motor these days. Driveability at that level is kind of a pain, but there are plenty of mid 500RWHP cars out there driving the streets N/A. My buddy makes 536rwhp and drives it every day.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:34 PM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
MAN, How many vettes does he own?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned
GarrettM is infamous around these parts
I would love to own that Corvette

Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 AM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
You guys need to realize that this car is CARB approved, hence the reasons for the low numbers. Katech has already stated they could tune it out to over 650 HP with a different cam etc, there is a ton of power left on the table with this engine.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
nice!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned
El-Loco is infamous around these parts
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
Its already been announced that production was going to go on. Katech is also going to provide the crate engine for it as well and develop one of their "street attack" packages around it also. These are the same people who run the C6R and C7R engine programs for GM's racing, think the RUF of corvettes and you are on the right track. They do amazing work on Z06's

Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brucem
To make 600hp and keep the motor very drivable and reliable is not the easiest thing to do, especially without turbos and/or S/C.

um, yes it is, esp. when you start w/ an LS7 (guys are hitting that w/ cams), let alone any LSX motor. It's VERY easy to do when you up the displacement.

Forced induction is not needed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jay Leno's 8.2 L 600hp CORVETTE