American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Jay Leno's 8.2 L 600hp CORVETTE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 AM
MrTheKid is infamous around these parts
Jay Leno's 8.2 L 600hp CORVETTE

The engine is built around a custom aluminum cylinder block that was CNC-milled from a single block of billet aluminum. And while the cylinder heads, intake system and dry-sump oiling system are stock LS7 components, the engine – which has larger bore and stroke dimensions than the 7.0L (427-cubic-inch) LS7 – uses a one-off reciprocating assembly, including a forged steel crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons. Katech Engines, the company that builds engines for the Corvette C6.R racing program, developed the engine....

Old 10-29-2007, 11:12 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
That's one 'Vette that I would like to own.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
So he added 70ci, aka almost 20% more displacement... but didn't do anything to the airflow feeding it?

Thats retarded, hyped up marketing publicity b/s.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM
PARealtor is infamous around these parts
believe its supposed to be powered by bio fuel too.. its going to be at SEMA

http://www.ecorazzi.com/?p=4246

Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
it looks pretty bad *** !!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
WMP
WMP is infamous around these parts
Very cool; what kind of torque does it make with that extra displacement?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by WMP
Very cool; what kind of torque does it make with that extra displacement?
what they claim is 585 lb.-ft. of torque

Old 10-29-2007, 11:52 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Here's some more info on this beast:

2007 Chevrolet Corvette C6RS Concept

“Tonight Show” host Jay Leno’s predilection for performance cars is no secret, but many fellow enthusiasts may not know that he is keenly interested in alternative fuels. To prove that red-blooded power mixes easily with a touch of green, Leno partnered with Pratt & Miller – the engineering company that builds and campaigns C6.R Corvettes – to develop a modified Corvette Z06 that is capable of running on E85 ethanol. It was unveiled at the 2007 SEMA Show.

More than merely a conversion of the stock LS7 engine to E85 capability, Leno’s alternative-fuel supercar is powered by a custom, 8.2L (500-cubic-inch) all-aluminum small-block V-8 that pumps out approximately 600 horsepower and 585 lb.-ft. of torque.

“The C6RS is the result of an idea we hatched to prove that high-performance cars and alternative fuel technology weren’t diametrically opposed concepts,” said Leno. “I love the idea of having 600 horsepower at my disposal, but using a homegrown alternative to gasoline.”

The engine is built around a custom aluminum cylinder block that was CNC-milled from a single block of billet aluminum. And while the cylinder heads, intake system and dry-sump oiling system are stock LS7 components, the engine – which has larger bore and stroke dimensions than the 7.0L (427-cubic-inch) LS7 – uses a one-off reciprocating assembly, including a forged steel crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons. Katech Engines, the company that builds engines for the Corvette C6.R racing program, developed the engine.

The fuel system and engine control computer were modified to accommodate E85, and spent gases exit through a Corsa exhaust system. Supporting the 600-horse engine’s power is a blueprinted and strengthened T-56 six-speed transmission and a high-performance Centerforce dual-friction clutch.

C6.R Inspiration

On the outside, Leno’s bad and black C6RS emulates the styling of C6.R racecars, with wider front and rear fenders and a wider rear fascia with an integrated spoiler on top and a racing-style diffuser at the bottom (the diffuser incorporates an LED-lit backup lamp). A C6.R-style waterfall hood front fender louvers, rockers and lower grille opening further define this special Corvette – and all of the car’s front-end panels are made of carbon-fiber, including custom brake air ducts routed through the front fenders. With all of its body modifications, Leno’s C6RS is 1.6 inches wider than stock.

The C6.R’s – and production Corvette’s – aerodynamically styled bodywork is designed to slice efficiently through the wind, which helps enhance fuel mileage.

The race-ready look of the car is enhanced with a quartet of BBS wheels that feature racing-type locking center hubs. The forged aluminum 18-inch front wheels and 19-inch rear wheels ride on Michelin P295/30ZR18 and P345/30ZR19 tires, respectively.

Adding authenticity to the car’s custom bodywork was the involvement of Pratt & Miller. The company took on the task of crafting Leno’s Corvette into a street-going replica of the racecars, which included installing or fabricating a host of unique components, including:

Link:

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/C..._C6RS_Concept/

Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
Whoa...bad too the ***** f**** ***.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 PM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
looks good....the photoshop job blows.....knick maybe could have done better with his mad skillz

Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Vicious
So he added 70ci, aka almost 20% more displacement... but didn't do anything to the airflow feeding it?

Thats retarded, hyped up marketing publicity b/s.
So you don't believe that the air coming from the front of the car is enough? So anytime you make a motor larger, you need to put a fan to force more air in? I guess the only way to get more power out of a motor with more displacement is adding a S/C..

I guess I need to tell everyone that I know that have built their motors and increased the HP (without adding a new snorkel) that they wasted all of their money, and the DYNO lies

Old 10-30-2007, 12:14 AM
csminvestments is infamous around these parts
those seats look amazing. and comfy.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Love that 'Vette.

I would've placed a blower on there and went for a magical number on the E85. Would've spent some money on the interior too.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brucem
So you don't believe that the air coming from the front of the car is enough? So anytime you make a motor larger, you need to put a fan to force more air in? I guess the only way to get more power out of a motor with more displacement is adding a S/C..

I guess I need to tell everyone that I know that have built their motors and increased the HP (without adding a new snorkel) that they wasted all of their money, and the DYNO lies

I think vicious is talking about the stock LS7 cylinder heads and intake system (throttle-body, intake manifold, etc). There's probably a good amount of power left on the table between the heads and other intake components.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:24 AM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brucem

There are other ways to improve inflow of air besides forced induction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jay Leno's 8.2 L 600hp CORVETTE