American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Martin (MBRP), Nice F250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious
Damn guys thats brutal... Those things should be getting at least 15 around town if you don't drive like a jackass lol.
Well for $75G (CDN list on our truck) what more can you expect......

Yes , 15 shoud be expected for sure. The issue really is in the DPF, they are not consistant from truck to truck. I also have a programmer and cold air intake which Ford thinks are not compatible with the DPF.

Hope to have a fix for the bad MPG in the next couple weeks.

MB

Old 11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Akara1
Mine is better but not by much. Right now i'm getting around 10 mpg. Granted L.A. highways rarely move at highway speeds, so its usually stop and go.
10s not bad for stop sand go traffic, but they should be better. Do you have a programmer or cold air intake on yet?

MB

Old 11-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
Nothing on it yet. Still bone stock except the wheels and tires.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Banned
Before the 08 trucks it used to be exhaust , cold air intake and exhaust gave you added power and improved milage ifyou drove it right. I have my programmer removed and the air intake and exhaust on the truck with no codes right now.

Trying a few things over the next couple weeks, will let you know.

MB

I work pretty close with EDGE when it comes to programmers , I will have one of theirs on the truck in a few days to try with our exhaust and cold air, will let

Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Are you actually seeing gains with the CAI? I know on the d-max pretty much any air intake setup is a step down in many ways.

Too bad the dodge is such a heap, the motor owns all.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
I actually just read an article in the new Diesel Power about intake on the 6.4 Powerstroke, and the stock airbox flows about 100cfm more than the motors required volume. An aftermarket airbox bumped it up another 200cfm, so they say if anything at least you will get better mileage.

Last edited by Akara1; 11-12-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
MGM
MGM is infamous around these parts
I had the AFE system on mine and after about 3k miles it started to throw codes and I was getting terrible mileage. I took it off and nothing so far but its only been about a week so we'll see. I'm just waiting until we can straight pipe it with out it getting stuck in regen.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MGM
I had the AFE system on mine and after about 3k miles it started to throw codes and I was getting terrible mileage. I took it off and nothing so far but its only been about a week so we'll see. I'm just waiting until we can straight pipe it with out it getting stuck in regen.
You can't imagine how many calls we get everyday re a DPF delete pipe so users can run no filter............ problem is EPA would / could and likely will jump all over anyone offering parts to do this.

MY 08 Ford has a plugged DPF, dealer will not replace under warranty hence 6-7 MPG.

MB

Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Akara1
I actually just read an article in the new Diesel Power about intake on the 6.4 Powerstroke, and the stock airbox flows about 100cfm more than the motors required volume. An aftermarket airbox bumped it up another 200cfm, so they say if anything at least you will get better mileage.
Technically you are correct problem is your truck then throws a code as the 08's often will not accept the cold air intake.You then get worse milage than you did stock.

MB

Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Vicious
Are you actually seeing gains with the CAI? I know on the d-max pretty much any air intake setup is a step down in many ways.

Too bad the dodge is such a heap, the motor owns all.
Who knows??? I just always install one with our exhaust and a programmer, just habit now.

Our Dyno install starts tomorrow so I guess now we will be dynoing all additions first hand and will be able to post our finds.

On the diesels I work closely with K&N and AEM, both companies have been around long enough to get it right for sure, I would bet they are both showing gains with their diesel intakes.

I agree on the Dodge............motor cool....truck, not so much. Actually just took a 08 DMAX out for a spin.............. not bad.

MB

Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Love the bike. Very nice.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
The V rod is sick. Love that headlight.

Interesting read on the Ford 6.4. My boss just traded his 04 Dmax for an '08 F450.

Awesome truck, but looks like the only way to run it is stock for now lol.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
MGM
MGM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MBRP
You can't imagine how many calls we get everyday re a DPF delete pipe so users can run no filter............ problem is EPA would / could and likely will jump all over anyone offering parts to do this.

MY 08 Ford has a plugged DPF, dealer will not replace under warranty hence 6-7 MPG.

MB
Yeah for some reason after about 3k miles mine had the same prob, dpf acutally clogged so badly that it cracked and i started blowing black smoke. I didn't really care until it got stuck in regen then it had to be replaced. Only reason I didn't have trouble getting it replaced is because we are a dealer, so that kinda helped . I still threw a code so I just decided to return it to stock and its ran fine since, so who knows??

Last week we had a truck in the shop that was straight piped, they actually left the dpf and ran a pipe around it. I didn't have much time to look at it otherwise I would've gotten pics.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
The V rod is sick. Love that headlight.

Interesting read on the Ford 6.4. My boss just traded his 04 Dmax for an '08 F450.

Awesome truck, but looks like the only way to run it is stock for now lol.
Thanks , IMO your boss should have kept the 04 DMAX. I built a 04 Dually DMAX, one of the best project trucks we ever did.

MB

Old 11-15-2007, 06:36 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MBRP
Thanks , IMO your boss should have kept the 04 DMAX. I built a 04 Dually DMAX, one of the best project trucks we ever did.

MB
Thats what I keep hearing. I'm looking to get into a dually by spring time. I also keep hearing nothing but bad things about the new GM 3500s.

I'd love to buy a new '08 Chevy dually, but the internet talk has kept me from doing so.

I want to put it on air bags and run some 24s.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Martin (MBRP), Nice F250