American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Martin (MBRP), Nice F250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Saw the issue on the stands tonight. What brakes are those? They look gnarly!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MGM
Yeah for some reason after about 3k miles mine had the same prob, dpf acutally clogged so badly that it cracked and i started blowing black smoke. I didn't really care until it got stuck in regen then it had to be replaced. Only reason I didn't have trouble getting it replaced is because we are a dealer, so that kinda helped . I still threw a code so I just decided to return it to stock and its ran fine since, so who knows??

Last week we had a truck in the shop that was straight piped, they actually left the dpf and ran a pipe around it. I didn't have much time to look at it otherwise I would've gotten pics.
Sounds familiar.

Hey did the straight piped truck have any codes?? I would think it would as the DPF would read as no exhaust coming through the DPF.

Since you area dealer. Do you have the service bulletin from Ford saying it is ok to replace from the DPF back as long as you do not increase backpressure?

Thanks , let me know.

mb

Old 11-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Thats what I keep hearing. I'm looking to get into a dually by spring time. I also keep hearing nothing but bad things about the new GM 3500s.

I'd love to buy a new '08 Chevy dually, but the internet talk has kept me from doing so.

I want to put it on air bags and run some 24s.
Thats why I bought the Ford Dually............ build it up on 24's. Around here nobidy does this, want to do something fresh.

Im now looking at the GM 3500, what "bad" things are you hearing?

MB

Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Secure
Saw the issue on the stands tonight. What brakes are those? They look gnarly!!!
The brakes were custom made by a buddy of mine. Those front brakes have 18" calipers each with 12-40mm pistons.

The company is BOSS Brakes, you can check them out at www.bossbrakes.com , ask for Harry.

MB

Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
MGM
MGM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MBRP
Sounds familiar.

Hey did the straight piped truck have any codes?? I would think it would as the DPF would read as no exhaust coming through the DPF.

Since you area dealer. Do you have the service bulletin from Ford saying it is ok to replace from the DPF back as long as you do not increase backpressure?

Thanks , let me know.

mb
I cant remember what the tech told me about the the truck that was straight piped I'll have to go ask him what the problem was, however the guy did have a core for a 6.4 in the bed of the truck that they allegedly burnt down. I'll also check with service to see if there are any bulletins regarding that.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Thats why I bought the Ford Dually............ build it up on 24's. Around here nobidy does this, want to do something fresh.

Im now looking at the GM 3500, what "bad" things are you hearing?

MB
Went and test drove the '08 Chevy today. Really nice truck, but they were extremely firm on the $55k price tag, and would only deal 500 bucks or so. Truck already had 186 miles on it as well...

That deal wasn't for me, but I really do like the truck.

Everybody keeps going on about interior rattles, and the damned DPF. However I'm sure EFI Live will have the fix for the DPF situation at some point.

I REALLY want to get into one of these trucks, but I suppose the smart thing to do is just wait and see what happens in the next few months.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Banned
Just purchased a 08 GMC, hope it's more truck than the 08 F 450 I just delt in............

Old 11-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Just purchased a 08 GMC, hope it's more truck than the 08 F 450 I just delt in............
When I was bored and decided to test drive the newest diesels, the GMC does have more get-up-and-go than the F450 did. Then again, the GMC looks a hell of a lot better than the new Chevy trucks...

Good luck, and I look forward to your build progress.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Banned
Thanks Jimbo.

The 450 is more of a go to work purpose built truck where the GMC 3500 is more of a everyday deal. I agree, the GM really seems to have more pull for sure.

It was the 7-8 MPG I was getting from the Ford that did it in, one test drive in the GM and is was reading 16MPG....... SOLD.

We have all kinds of cool parts coming for this one, will keep you posted as it develops.

MB

Old 11-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Thanks Jimbo.

The 450 is more of a go to work purpose built truck where the GMC 3500 is more of a everyday deal. I agree, the GM really seems to have more pull for sure.

It was the 7-8 MPG I was getting from the Ford that did it in, one test drive in the GM and is was reading 16MPG....... SOLD.

We have all kinds of cool parts coming for this one, will keep you posted as it develops.

MB
Wow, I didn't realize the F450 was getting that ****ty fuel mileage. I also drove the F350 dually, and think overall, I would take the 350 instead of the 450. Hell, the 350 even seemed to have more power!

Can't wait to see the goodies you have coming.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Banned
The only reason I have the F450 is because one of our customers traded it ( the 450) in on the lifted blue Ford at the top of this thread.

The F350 likely is the better truck for personal use, the 450 has 488 gears and can barely do 80 mph.

MB

Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 AM
The only reason I have the F450 is because one of our customers traded it ( the 450) in on the lifted blue Ford at the top of this thread.

The F350 likely is the better truck for personal use, the 450 has 488 gears and can barely do 80 mph.

MB
You just have to make it the fastest one to 80

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Wow, I didn't realize the F450 was getting that ****ty fuel mileage. I also drove the F350 dually, and think overall, I would take the 350 instead of the 450. Hell, the 350 even seemed to have more power!

Can't wait to see the goodies you have coming.
Thats the thing, the 450 and 550 were built to tow rhode island, not be a daily driver. 4.88 gears say it all, it's all done by like 85mph max, and isn't really happy cruising much over 60.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Vicious
Thats the thing, the 450 and 550 were built to tow rhode island, not be a daily driver. 4.88 gears say it all, it's all done by like 85mph max, and isn't really happy cruising much over 60.
I know. But the power delivery did actually suprise me. HP numbers say the 350 has approximately 10 more horsepower, but in my experience, I have felt the difference with gearing. The 450 didn't seem to have the brute force that it should have with the gears/power.

Anyway, on my test drive, I did have her up at her redline range chugging/whistling/screaming like a banshee.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I know. But the power delivery did actually suprise me. HP numbers say the 350 has approximately 10 more horsepower, but in my experience, I have felt the difference with gearing. The 450 didn't seem to have the brute force that it should have with the gears/power.

Anyway, on my test drive, I did have her up at her redline range chugging/whistling/screaming like a banshee.
Hitting the top RPM is not a prob with the 450, in fact my dealer had to remove a "hit rev limiter" code from the truck ??

Vicious your correct all the pulling power in the world for sure but sucks as a daily. If I had of gone to the dealer to drive each I would have likely come out with the 350 over the 450 but on a trade in can't do much about it.

MB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Martin (MBRP), Nice F250