American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Martin (MBRP), Nice F250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 AM
MGM
MGM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I know. But the power delivery did actually suprise me. HP numbers say the 350 has approximately 10 more horsepower, but in my experience, I have felt the difference with gearing. The 450 didn't seem to have the brute force that it should have with the gears/power.

Anyway, on my test drive, I did have her up at her redline range chugging/whistling/screaming like a banshee.
The reason the 450 never felt as strong is because from the factory they are actually rated at 300hp and a little less torque. I'm not 100% positive as to the reason for this except maybe engine longevity as these trucks were built to haul and for a long time!

Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
I had also thought the GMC front end looked better than the Chevy. But, after seeing both I think I prefer the Chevy. The interior was about the same in both of them. I hate the wood trim, but I'll probably just paint it the body color of the truck.

Martin, did you buy a 2 Wheel or 4WD truck? Whats your plan, air ride or say the DJM 6/8 drop?

I want to go air ride, but I've heard air ride techs shockwave system doesn't work on the 4WD truck.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
remingtonbox is infamous around these parts
That badass 350 and Harley are in Truckin this month

Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 AM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Martin, do you produce anything that will fit a 90 F-350 with an ATS turbo on it? We just turbo'd pops black beast, and to me, the 3" exhaust it came with from ATS seems extremely small. The thing sounds insane, but it almost sounds choked off.

-Markus-

Old 11-21-2007, 02:02 AM
WEFITE4U is infamous around these parts
I hate to post jack on my very first post, but...

MBRP, Can you tell me who makes the light bar on the truck in 8-Lug. Is it a custion peace, and if so is it possible to have one built?

Thanks

Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned
MBRP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I had also thought the GMC front end looked better than the Chevy. But, after seeing both I think I prefer the Chevy. The interior was about the same in both of them. I hate the wood trim, but I'll probably just paint it the body color of the truck.

Martin, did you buy a 2 Wheel or 4WD truck? Whats your plan, air ride or say the DJM 6/8 drop?

I want to go air ride, but I've heard air ride techs shockwave system doesn't work on the 4WD truck.
Great minds think alike..... I am picking up my newly painted "wood " trim later today, did them gloss black for a subtle contrast to the charcoal interior.

We did a 4WD truck, got hooked up with Cognito suspension, looks like a great product with a good following . Going to do upper control arm with 3" lift for the winter then their 10" -12" lift come spring.

MB

Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by remingtonbox
That badass 350 and Harley are in Truckin this month
Thanks , we were really lucky with two mags in one month.

MB

Old 11-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TechArtDreamer
Martin, do you produce anything that will fit a 90 F-350 with an ATS turbo on it? We just turbo'd pops black beast, and to me, the 3" exhaust it came with from ATS seems extremely small. The thing sounds insane, but it almost sounds choked off.

-Markus-
Hey Markus

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you.

Give me a call at 1-888-636-7223. We do not offer a direct bolt on for that app. I'm sure we can come up with something that will let that truck breathe.

MB

Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by WEFITE4U
I hate to post jack on my very first post, but...

MBRP, Can you tell me who makes the light bar on the truck in 8-Lug. Is it a custion peace, and if so is it possible to have one built?

Thanks
We build those bars here in house. They are one offs built for our MBRPinc project trucks.

PM sent.

MB

Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MBRP
Great minds think alike..... I am picking up my newly painted "wood " trim later today, did them gloss black for a subtle contrast to the charcoal interior.

We did a 4WD truck, got hooked up with Cognito suspension, looks like a great product with a good following . Going to do upper control arm with 3" lift for the winter then their 10" -12" lift come spring.

MB
Awesome! You'll have to post up some pictures of the progress as you go along

Old 11-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Banned
on 3 is infamous around these parts
Sweet truck man!!!