American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
roadking is infamous around these parts
z06

Been looking at the M6 BMW. Stopped by the local Chevy dealer and looked at an 08 z06. Wow. Very nice. I am planning on driving this weekend.

Two questions - What is the going discount, is there one? It seems regular vettes are getting discounted pretty good. Wait time for an ordered car? Dealer is quoting me 6-8 months. Accurate?

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:20 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I believe you can get about 8K off. 6-8 months seems like a LONG build time. I think 3-4 is more accurate if not a little long

Old 11-14-2007, 02:38 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
You should be able to get one at a discount with no wait. Look on the Corvette forums. There seems to be no shortage right now. Lots of dealers seem to be willing to move the Z06's in hope of getting a better allocation of the ZR-1 when it is released. Just getting a test drive is a big improvement from last year at this time.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:49 PM
997seal is infamous around these parts
I agree with AtomicZ, looks like 10% off MSRP is a good deal, bought mine off corvette forum, should be able to find what you want available without a wait time. Good luck and keep up posted.
You don't need a test drive, you will like it, trust me....

Old 11-15-2007, 06:46 AM
997seal How does the Z06 compare with your 997S? I had a tuned 997 (Giac, headers, exhaust, intake, bilstein, etc) loved the car. I have never owed a vette before, but the z06 seems like such a good deal for the performance level. How do you think the resale value is going to hold over the next 3-4 years? Better or worse than Porsche or MB?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
richtor is infamous around these parts
two(kerbeck, corvette conti) of the biggest vette dealers are only offering 4500 and 5000 off respectively on the new 08 z06's. yes you could get 10% off the 07 but not the 08 at this time. the 08 z06's have the much better t-6060 6 speed manual tranny.

a respectable dealer should be able to order you one 3-4k below msrp. you might be able to swing a better deal on one on the ground. once they order it should be 6-8 weeks. i am not sure how the allocation works. dealers may only get to order so many z06's at different times of the year. if a dealer needs to wait on allocation this would make up the time difference you have been told.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roadking
Been looking at the M6 BMW. Stopped by the local Chevy dealer and looked at an 08 z06. Wow. Very nice. I am planning on driving this weekend.

Two questions - What is the going discount, is there one? It seems regular vettes are getting discounted pretty good. Wait time for an ordered car? Dealer is quoting me 6-8 months. Accurate?

Thanks for the help.
Having owned 2 Vettes ('05 C6 and '07 C6Z06) and two Porsches ('06 CaymanS and '03 911 Twin Turbo) I will tell you two things:

The Z is a beautiful car with fantastic performance numbers ---- and its quite raw compared to the refinement of a European car. Not saying that thats good or bad ---just saying it. The transmission noise drove me nuckin futs. If you want Porsche type refinement, you won't find it in the Z06. You will find the car to be damn fun to drive. I would only own one again if I was going to take it to the track 10-20 times a year. You cannot possibly drive the car to its ability on the streets without running the risk of going to jail. The car is scary f'ing fast. Unbelievable coming off the showroom floor like that.

There are tons of deals out there. I just sold my '07 Z06 LOADED (stickered for $77.8K) with 3k miles and NOT A STONE CHIP or blemish on it for.......are you ready????.......$63.5K and it took me nearly two months to sell it!!! The values in these cars are falling big time.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Confusedgarage is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Having owned 2 Vettes ('05 C6 and '07 C6Z06) and two Porsches ('06 CaymanS and '03 911 Twin Turbo) I will tell you two things:

The Z is a beautiful car with fantastic performance numbers ---- and its quite raw compared to the refinement of a European car. Not saying that thats good or bad ---just saying it. The transmission noise drove me nuckin futs. If you want Porsche type refinement, you won't find it in the Z06. You will find the car to be damn fun to drive. I would only own one again if I was going to take it to the track 10-20 times a year. You cannot possibly drive the car to its ability on the streets without running the risk of going to jail. The car is scary f'ing fast. Unbelievable coming off the showroom floor like that.

There are tons of deals out there. I just sold my '07 Z06 LOADED (stickered for $77.8K) with 3k miles and NOT A STONE CHIP or blemish on it for.......are you ready????.......$63.5K and it took me nearly two months to sell it!!! The values in these cars are falling big time.
Well put. I had one as a company car, and I was amazed at its capabilities, straightline, braking, cornering etc. You can barely have fun unless you are on a track because it is so stupid fast in a straight line, but it lacks the direct connection feel and refinement of a porsche. Its all about value here. They don't claim to say it is like a porsche, its just flat out fast. Good gas mileage too! I got like 20 beating the crap out of it, mid 20s on the highway.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:41 PM
rhudeboye is infamous around these parts
Test drove the stock vette and Z06 last Wed. I agree w/ the tranny. Sounded very clanky as if something was wrong. The stock vette was a used 07 auto with paddle shift. The delay in shifting on those paddles were the worst I've ever experienced.

Another con was the comfort. I found the seats very uncomfortable. No matter How I adjusted them, and when cornering hard I might as well of been sitting on a sliding board. They just don't hold you as P-seats do

Pros; The lay out was fine and liked the HUD but most of all that engine. Even in the stock vette it was quite impressive. The Z06 has an amazing sound at WOT. Even though they are common place they still have a nice presence in person and from behind the wheel.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
The seats in the Z06 are great for cruising around town, as a daily driver or going cross country. But they are horrible on the track. They do not even remotely hold you in place during hard corning. If you plan on tracking this car more that a couple times a year - you will want to upgrade the seats. As for the tranny/shifter noise - mine has same in first gear at low speeds but then it goes away - nothing like what I have heard others complain about. For a stock car the acceleration, braking and corner capabilites are right up there with cars that cost 2 to 3 times more. Is it as refined as a 996/997 - no way - but it is a lot of fun to drive and a great car. Especially if you figure in the bang for the buck factor. Good luck with your choice.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM
997seal is infamous around these parts
roadking -

As others have said, the cars are very different, 911 and the Z06. I have had the 911 longer and was longing for some more power once again and that lead me to the Z06. I drive them for different reasons, depending on how I feel, I will say though, I will grab the keys to the Z06 more often than the 911. I think the posters before elaborated well enough on the differences. If you get a Z06, you can't beat the Black with Comp Grey wheels.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
Just sold my Single Supra, having a hard time to decide on what to buy, 996TT or C6Z06, and reading your guys post dosent really help out...hehe
Guess i have to test drive one to find out, only problem is no one will allow a test drive...only had the 996TT for 2 months to try out..

Dame shame its very rare in Sweden to see a C6Z06...

// André

Old 11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
If you are willing to wait 6 months for a new Z-06, I highly recommend you wait for a Nissan GT-R. For the same price, much more high tech w/ probably same numbers (if not better).

Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Drove the Z06. Wow. The car has giant ***** and handles as if it were on rails. WAY more thrilling to drive than just about anything I have been in for a long time. Fit and finish was decent and the sound of the engine under throttle is sick. Did I buy it? No, not yet. For some reason I can't see driving the car everyday. I don't do the track thing so I don't know if I could ever utilize the engineering in the car. I may still end up here, but I am going to continue to look. Perhaps I need to move back towards something that is more "touring" oriented instead of race car. The quest continues. Thanks for all the feedback and candid opinions. I have to agree- This is the best bang for the buck I have ever driven.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
Man i really need to try out the C6Z06....want it even more now after your post roadking.

// André

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: z06