American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Hennessey Performance Announces Venom GT Supercar Concept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Hennessey Performance Announces Venom GT Supercar Concept

Source: HennesseyPerformance.com
November 19, 2007

Hennessey Performance Engineering today announced that it is introducing the company's first concept car - The Venom GT.

Penned by British auto designer, Steve Everitt, the Venom GT would incorporate Hennessey's potent Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper V10 powerplant into a light weight mid-engine chassis weighing "under 2,700 lbs". Power would be run through a 6-speed transmission or optional sequential gearbox.

With a power to weight ratio of just 2.7 lbs per bhp Hennessey estimates that the Venom GT could attain 0 to 100 km/h times in less than 2.5 sec. and a 0-300 km/h time of around 14 seconds. Company founder, John Hennessey, is careful to point out that the Venom GT is not being built as a "Veyron Slayer". out, "The Veyron is an ultra fast and ultra luxurious grand touring car which also happens to be quicker and faster than any other road car, except for our Venom 1000 Twin Turbo SRT which beat the Veyron earlier this year from 0-200 mph. The Venom GT will be a much more engaging sports car to drive by challenging the driver with 1000+ HP in a chassis that is nearly 1500 lbs lighter than the Veyron."

Hennessey said, "The company already has existing Venom 1000 Twin Turbo clients interested in ordering the lighter, mid-engined Venom GT. "Right now are taking a serious look at building 2 concept cars that could be shown to the public sometime in 2009. If there is enough demand we may consider doing a very limited production run of the Venom GT."

If the Venom GT goes into production, it would be built at the company's facility at Lonestar Motorsports Park which is located just west of Houston, Texas.

Link:

http://www.fast-autos.net/news/130/

Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
Hennessey does not have much credibility left,i wonder how he's going to pull this off.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:57 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Looks like a long wheelbase Elise to me.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bmoores
Looks like a long wheelbase Elise to me.
I thought the same thing. I still dig it!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:00 AM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
could he possibly rip off a carrera gt and an elise any harder?

Old 11-20-2007, 01:00 AM
dilancer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chrissurfr
could he possibly rip off a carrera gt and an elise any harder?
A little Ultima in there as well. Who knows, they might actually build a car that might handle.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
If he actually built something like this and it was decent(and not a $225k ripoff like his Venom 1000) then he might be able to pull his name out of the mud just a little.

Too bad the concept drawing isnt exactly original.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 AM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
I wonder how many he will presell then not deliver on?

Old 11-20-2007, 03:13 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
So he shoehorned a Viper V10 into an Elise? I doubt anyone saw that coming...Definitely an interesting idea. I wonder if he'll be able to deliver.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I think it looks badass, good luck getting it built, I anxiously await the results...
Peter

Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 AM
chrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura aboutchrissurfr has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alzilla300
So he shoehorned a Viper V10 into an Elise? I doubt anyone saw that coming...Definitely an interesting idea. I wonder if he'll be able to deliver.

ding ding ding...winner
/thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:04 PM
bob_chan is infamous around these parts
Doesn't this guy have an absolutely terrible reputation in terms of customer service and completing projects on time?

Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 AM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bob_chan
Doesn't this guy have an absolutely terrible reputation in terms of customer service and completing projects on time?
The reality is worse then most even know.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned
on 3 is infamous around these parts
It's OK looks like a run of the mill Supercar. Needs to make it stand out more.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alzilla300
So he shoehorned a Viper V10 into an Elise? I doubt anyone saw that coming....
Especially not the people who'd already done it:

http://www.bittercars.com/bitter/bitter.nsf/pages/gt1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hennessey Performance Announces Venom GT Supercar Concept