American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2007 Lingenfelter Corvette Z06 427 Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
They can claim that because it will never be tested. There is no tire that will fit uner the car that can supports speeds that high. ~250 is the max for a passenger car tire. Anymore and i feel it would be ver unsafe.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
JJayB is infamous around these parts
My first hand experience with JL was a 7 liter C5-R block in a C5 Z06 he built. Couldn't pass smog in 620 hp tune, so it was detuned to 550 hp and was eaten alive by a turbo porsche at Willow Springs with Dick Gullstrand in attendance. I recall the phone call vividly, "John your car just got it's *** kicked by a porsche". It did make the cover of Car and Driver where they reported 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. The clutch was an endless issue. I'm not trying to diminish his accomplishments because he was a great guy.
But like many tuner projects there not something you can live with on the street.
I just think that many people get hung up on the big numbers and forget these tuner cars can be miserable to live with and are not your first choice as a daily driver.
Jimmy

Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Holy sweet baby jesus.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:56 AM
ApeelinZ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JJayB
My first hand experience with JL was a 7 liter C5-R block in a C5 Z06 he built. Couldn't pass smog in 620 hp tune, so it was detuned to 550 hp and was eaten alive by a turbo porsche at Willow Springs with Dick Gullstrand in attendance. I recall the phone call vividly, "John your car just got it's *** kicked by a porsche". It did make the cover of Car and Driver where they reported 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. The clutch was an endless issue.
Jimmy
My first hand experience (being that I ACTUALLY OWN a 2002 C5 Z06 LPE 427 TT) is that the car idles like stock, makes 700+rwhp and 800+lbs.ft to the wheels through the oem titanium exhaust at low boost on pump gas (different animal on high boost w/race gas), and passes emmissions.
As for the shootouts...When John was alive LPE won the Car and Driver shootout 2 years straight and took 2nd place the year after that. As for the shootouts they broke in... In the First one the Car and Driver test driver fragged the rear end and in the Second shootout, if you could read you would have understood that Norm's car is experimental. They pushed the limits with this car as they even had it as high as over 1500 hp on smaller turbos read below:
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...06ZO6TTBGB.htm
This car is not the standard package you get when you buy a 427 TT from them. His has HUGE turbos mounted up top, progressive boost through gears, experimental upgraded transmission, and larger experimental brakes from Baer. The problems they had with breaking was driver error and the other issue was the experimental brakes (neither LPE's fault).

I will admit that Corvette driveline's and not the strongest but sticky tires don't help.

Just though I would throw in my 2 cents...

Last edited by ApeelinZ; 01-19-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
That Vette got "owned" by two Heffner cars. Just think if Jason would've been allowed to bring a TT Viper...Mmmmmm...move over, there's a new performance sheriff in town.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:21 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Hopefully they got rid of the real ****ty Baer Brakes! I can't believe they put those ****ty things on that beast.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Hllywood
That Vette got "owned" by two Heffner cars. Just think if Jason would've been allowed to bring a TT Viper...Mmmmmm...move over, there's a new performance sheriff in town.
Hllywood,

First, I never said anything about it being the fastest, I was just clearing up any doubt about reliability. You can make any car fast. Hell, you probably could get a Prius to do 9's with enough money into it.

Second, you must not be able to read also. Where do you see it got "owned" by the 2 Heffner cars. I am looking at the article right now and it shows:

0-200 mph
Heffner Ford GT TT = 18.9 seconds
Lingenfelter Z06 TT = 18.9 seconds
Heffner Gallardo TT = 25.7 seconds

On a side note, I am not trying to bash anyone just stating some facts. I also think Heffner is one of the best tuners out there. I actually think his Gallardo TT is "a work of art" and would love to have one.

Last edited by ApeelinZ; 01-19-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned
Hllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura aboutHllywood has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ApeelinZ
Hllywood,

First, I never said anything about it being the fastest, I was just clearing up any doubt about reliability. You can make any car fast. Hell, you probably could get a Prius to do 9's with enough money into it.

Second, you must not be able to read also. Where do you see it got "owned" by the 2 Heffner cars. I am looking at the article right now and it shows:

0-200 mph
Heffner Ford GT TT = 18.9 seconds
Lingenfelter Z06 TT = 18.9 seconds
Heffner Gallardo TT = 25.7 seconds

On a side note, I am not trying to bash anyone just stating some facts. I also think Heffner is one of the best tuners out there. I actually think his Gallardo TT is "a work of art" and would love to have one.
Reliability? Are you serious? I just read the article again...in the Feb. issue of Car and Driver. The LPE Vette DNF'd in every category...other than the dyno. It just shows that it is very difficult to get enough reliable power out of a Corvette, to compete when compared to the modded Ford GT, Viper, Lambo, etc. I wish they would've allowed a TT Mustang or RUF Porsche to particate as well. That would've been more entertaining.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
Hopefully they got rid of the real ****ty Baer Brakes! I can't believe they put those ****ty things on that beast.
$35,000 dollar Baer Brakes

Old 01-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Dave@EFI is infamous around these partsDave@EFI is infamous around these parts
Damn that hood is ugly. Engine pics would be nice, seeing as how the hood would indicate this is one Lingenfelter car that doesn't look stock under there......

Old 01-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hllywood
Reliability? Are you serious? I just read the article again...in the Feb. issue of Car and Driver. The LPE Vette DNF'd in every category...other than the dyno.
I was talking about reliabilty of LPE's standard packages which is what I am running and the motor has been bulletproof since I bought it.

As I said before about that particular yellow car is that it's Norm's car and is EXPERIMENTAL. READ THE ARTICLE ABOUT THE DNF's...
The vette was unable to make another run because "the crew determined that when the driver missed the shift, the engine revved wildly to 8878-about a grand past redline-and cracked a piston and valve".
IT WAS DRIVER ERROR NOT AN LPE RELIABILITY PROBLEM!!!.
The results are on page 74. Just because it says unoffical results does not mean it didn't run the numbers because IT DID...see page 78. Ohh!!! and before you say anything stupid about page 78 it was the experimental Baer brake rotors that kept cracking NOT AN LPE RELIABILITY PROBLEM!!!

With the power your viper is making you should know what it takes to find that balance between reliability and ultimate power.

Last edited by ApeelinZ; 01-19-2008 at 01:34 PM.