American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

08' viper, 616 rwhp, 135mph in the 1/4.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:17 PM
osirisvb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious

The ACR will ruin any vette on a road course, ZR1 or w/e.
what proof do you have to back up this statement? how do you claim this? bench racing? there have been no official numbers or clear numbers at the least released about the zr1. Even if you use the rough estimates we have now; the zr-1 still out shines the ACR.

I have yet to see "a" viper post "a" decent time around the ring. has 7:42.9 even been bested yet by a viper?

Last edited by osirisvb; 12-21-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by osirisvb
what proof do you have to back up this statement? how do you claim this? bench racing? there have been no official numbers or clear numbers at the least released about the zr1. Even if you use the rough estimates we have now; the zr-1 still out shines the ACR.

I have yet to see "a" viper post "a" decent time around the ring. has 7:42.9 even been bested yet by a viper?
I have no clue if a viper has ever run the ring, I don't race there so it doesn't mean much to me.

I personally have laid it down on a number of vettes myself.

The ACR is pretty much a dedicated track car setup as such. It prob won't have the stock hp of the Z, but on a road course, it will be brutally faster. I hear the regular 08' is leaps and bounds faster than the regular coupe, it will only get worse for the vette.

Have you ever owned either? If you haven't owned at least one of the cars, stfu. The statement about a viper not handling well means you've either never owned/driven one, or you're a pathetic driver.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:28 AM
acr-c is infamous around these parts
You guys who think the viper doesn't handle well need to pull your heads out of your asses.
I've got an '02 ACR currently. I've had the car for 3 years now and am comfortable pushing its limits. The car is an absolute weapon in the corners (as well as the straights). People simply are misinformed.

Everyone seems to think that Vipers are horrible once the road gets twisty. Nothing could be further from the truth. You simply have to know the car and respect it. You can't drive it like a ham-fisted, club-footed maroon. It will kill you if you do so.

Yes, the 8 liter motor makes so much torque so low in the RPM scale, it simply will rip the rear tires off the rims if you try to apply the power in an indiscriminate manner. However, modulate the twin throttle bodies with a balanced right foot and the car becomes extremely controllable. There is so much grip available it is just silly. I just think all the comments about the Viper's handling are comical.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:17 AM
pMak is a jewel in the roughpMak is a jewel in the roughpMak is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by iLLM3
My friend is a professional driver and races at Limerock!

He took me for a ride in it, and said he drove it at 8/10's, with Toyo RA's the thing blew my mind, I never knew what I viper could do, but it was outstanding!
Originally Posted by acr-c
I've got an '02 ACR currently. I've had the car for 3 years now and am comfortable pushing its limits. The car is an absolute weapon in the corners (as well as the straights). People simply are misinformed.

Everyone seems to think that Vipers are horrible once the road gets twisty. Nothing could be further from the truth. You simply have to know the car and respect it. You can't drive it like a ham-fisted, club-footed maroon. It will kill you if you do so.

Yes, the 8 liter motor makes so much torque so low in the RPM scale, it simply will rip the rear tires off the rims if you try to apply the power in an indiscriminate manner. However, modulate the twin throttle bodies with a balanced right foot and the car becomes extremely controllable. There is so much grip available it is just silly. I just think all the comments about the Viper's handling are comical.
This guys knows!

I've also Driven the 06 viper on Limerock. All those who say the viper is a poor handling car either has not driven one, or is a crappy driver. Thats it. The car handles beautifully, but its an entirely different car to drive then the vette. The vette sets, and settles into corners, the viper likes to be caressed with your right foot through the corners. Both pull amazing Gs, the viper is just a more difficult car to hold at it's limits.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:33 AM
osirisvb is infamous around these parts
I have no clue if a viper has ever run the ring, I don't race there so it doesn't mean much to me.

I personally have laid it down on a number of vettes myself.

The ACR is pretty much a dedicated track car setup as such. It prob won't have the stock hp of the Z, but on a road course, it will be brutally faster. I hear the regular 08' is leaps and bounds faster than the regular coupe, it will only get worse for the vette.

Have you ever owned either? If you haven't owned at least one of the cars, stfu. The statement about a viper not handling well means you've either never owned/driven one, or you're a pathetic driver.
LOL so i ask you back up your statements and you give me personal insults.

forget it...

If you cannot back up your over enthusiastic claims about how a zr1 would be demolished by an ACR logically or with viable proof; and all you can do is speak from your own personal bias then you need to "STFU" as you so eloquently put it and refrain from making uneducated and uninformed judgment calls. It just makes you look like an internet bench racer who speaks out of his *** without any valid proof to back up your statements.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Simba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud ofSimba has much to be proud of
...refrain from making uneducated and uninformed judgment calls. It just makes you look like an internet bench racer who speaks out of his *** without any valid proof to back up your statements.
So, how many ZR1s have you raced against Vipers, then?

Nagging someone with Viper experience for "bench racing" on an internet forum, when you yourself probably have zero experience with either car in question? Yeah, that'll show them!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:57 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
This is just a regular C6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHO4KUbAjTI

Old 12-23-2007, 02:32 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9Eleven

Regular C6 vs an older slower viper... I'm failing to see how this is relevant what so ever.

forget it...

If you cannot back up your over enthusiastic claims about how a zr1 would be demolished by an ACR logically or with viable proof; and all you can do is speak from your own personal bias then you need to "STFU" as you so eloquently put it and refrain from making uneducated and uninformed judgment calls. It just makes you look like an internet bench racer who speaks out of his *** without any valid proof to back up your statements.
What is there to back up. The ZR1 is nothing more than a C6Z with a different motor (from what I have read) and some minor tweaks. The 08' Viper is a totally different animal from the current car, and the ACR is an all our track version of that one. Bone stock it might not make the HP the ZR1 does, but with the downforce numbers alone it's hard to even fathom it not tearing the Z apart. And one of the great things about vipers, extra ponies come very very cheap.

[media]https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105366&highlight=Viper+ACR[/media]

Yeah... a vette with a blower is going to hang with that on a road course.

PS. I have 60k miles worth of experience in vipers, ranging from a bone stock GTS to some laying 1400rwhp and know more about those cars than most the tuners tweaking them.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Regular C6 vs an older slower viper... I'm failing to see how this is relevant what so ever.
I was trying to point out the comments made by the driver regarding the Viper's handling or lack thereof. Has the suspension gone through a major transformation for '08? I have never owned one or driven one, so I'm just trying to decide if the new ACR is the real deal.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 12-23-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I was trying to point out the comments made by the driver regarding the Viper's handling or lack thereof. Has the suspension gone through a major transformation for '08? I have never owned one or driven one, so I'm just trying to decide if the new ACR is the real deal.
Everything I have heard thus far from guys who have their 08's say it hooks up much better than the 06' did. 04-06 were pretty much a low point in the viper world, considered a step down from the GTS.

If it's true that the ACR makes 1.5 lateral G on a skidpad, that is so far off the charts for a road car it will absolutely dominate EVERYTHING. The stock viper, zo6, and the Enzo pull right around 1.01g.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:35 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Time will tell. I know nothing about the new ACR.

But the ZR1 is a serious machine. I expect the car to make 650RWHP and probably 660+ RWTQ for less than $2k with bolt ons.

I would say that would be very conservative. Full exhuast and tune. Blower pulley already looks fairly small.

Will be interesting to see what a ported blower does for this car, it's just too early to say.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:52 PM
hardtop is infamous around these parts
I hope GM puts in good piston with the ring land down low.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:26 PM
The ZR1 isn't as cool as everyone thought it would be...

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...72#post1022772

620hp? At the crank? thats supposed to be the big bad unbeatable vette?

The regular (non-acr) 08' viper put 550RWHP down bone stock, and over 600 with just headers and a catback.

The ACR will be lighter, with more downforce, and more power. uhhh.

Pretty sad they have to make a special car just to compete with the stock viper, and right after they do that, the catch a donkey punch to the back of the skull.

Needless to say the guys I've spoken with that track their cars regularly have orders in for the ACR.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:50 PM
TTony is infamous around these partsTTony is infamous around these parts

Old 12-24-2007, 04:41 PM
So iced down with 50F water in the IC it makes 620hp.. but loses 25% of the torque from peak to redline? thats brilliant.

So in real driving conditions when that IC heat soaks and the water is at ambiet (best case condition) it's going to pull timing and lose 40hp.

That car was built to be nothing more than a 1/4 mile performer. Stock it might do that, but with the 08' viper already going 10.7x at 137 with nothing but an exhaust system, it will have a LONG way to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' viper, 616 rwhp, 135mph in the 1/4.