American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

08' viper, 616 rwhp, 135mph in the 1/4.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 10:47 PM
TTony is infamous around these partsTTony is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious
the 08' viper already going 10.7x at 137 with nothing but an exhaust system
uh, isn't that "simple" exhaust system $8,950.00 ???

Gee, I wonder how fast you could make a new ZR-1 go for that much money?

Last edited by TTony; 12-24-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Very nice. The new Viper is extremely tempting.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:21 AM
tom03lightning is infamous around these parts
I thought this thing had a all new 4 rotor twin screw eaton blower......whats up with that tq curve for a twin screw??? My 03 cobra was insta tq (or at least by 1700rpm this thing looks more like a turbo power/tq band (but without the efficiency since the tq falls so much at the big end)

Originally Posted by TTony

Old 12-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTony
uh, isn't that "simple" exhaust system $8,950.00 ???

Gee, I wonder how fast you could make a new ZR-1 go for that much money?
No clue what it cost. But knowing hennescrew thats probably not far fetched. You could easily duplicate it for 1/3 the price from anyone else.

For $15k all said and done that viper will lay a grand to the rear wheels. The vette won't do that for any amount of money.

/discussion

Old 12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
The Viper is an amazing machine, no doubt about it. I drove the new coupes at Laguna Seca a while back. The only reason I chose the 08 Z06 is because it's much easier to live with as a daily driver.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
osirisvb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious
Regular C6 vs an older slower viper... I'm failing to see how this is relevant what so ever.

What is there to back up. The ZR1 is nothing more than a C6Z with a different motor (from what I have read) and some minor tweaks. The 08' Viper is a totally different animal from the current car, and the ACR is an all our track version of that one. Bone stock it might not make the HP the ZR1 does, but with the downforce numbers alone it's hard to even fathom it not tearing the Z apart. And one of the great things about vipers, extra ponies come very very cheap.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=Viper+ACR

Yeah... a vette with a blower is going to hang with that on a road course.

PS. I have 60k miles worth of experience in vipers, ranging from a bone stock GTS to some laying 1400rwhp and know more about those cars than most the tuners tweaking them.
in the end the zr-1 is yet to be tested rigorously by any auto tester and there is yet to be any official performance numbers released on this vehicle.

your "assumptions" are based on the blind bias and favoritism that you have for the viper. I for one think specs wise they look close on paper. Your speaking out of your own uneducated bias; I would like to see an actual test comparison between both the ACR and ZR-1 stock for stock; no bs and especially no bias from untrustworthy sources such as yourself.