American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

08' viper, 616 rwhp, 135mph in the 1/4.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
08' viper, 616 rwhp, 135mph in the 1/4.

That 08' car is looking to be a monster. 546rwhp bone stock. With headers and an exhaust system laid down 616rwhp, factory ecu, pump gas, stock airfilters. With some tuning these things very well could crack 650rwhp without pulling a valve cover.

Preliminary runs it's getting consistent 133mph traps speeds with a couple in the 135 range.

The Z06 is back down to #2.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome numbers. Nice to see the Viper has raised the bar again.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:28 PM
hemi_fan is infamous around these parts
the viper may have raised the bar over the Z06, but Z-51?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:08 PM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by hemi_fan
the viper may have raised the bar over the Z06, but Z-51?
I believe you mean ZR1.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:31 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
Viper ACR should have the next Vette covered

Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 PM
kumar75150 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by analogmike
Viper ACR should have the next Vette covered
highly doubt it will be able to compete with a FI vette

Old 12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damn that's fast!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kumar75150
highly doubt it will be able to compete with a FI vette
Blown vette vs one with an exhaust? right.

Blower or not, I would like to see the ZR1 or w/e it is run against the new ACR on a road course. That thing is supposed to be one NASTY **** from what I'm hearing.

If anyone tosses a blower/turbo on the viper, it's game over for any vette.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 PM
kre8ive is infamous around these parts
Stock for Stock one would think that the ZR1 would be just as quick or quicker then the ACR on a road course. Now I'm just going of artical information and the performance levels of the current models (yes I get the viper and vette were totally reworked) but to date Viper has done a VERY POOR job of building a road course car, chevy has done a great job with the Z06 and soon to be the ZR1. It will be interesting to see how they fair.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by kre8ive
Stock for Stock one would think that the ZR1 would be just as quick or quicker then the ACR on a road course. Now I'm just going of artical information and the performance levels of the current models (yes I get the viper and vette were totally reworked) but to date Viper has done a VERY POOR job of building a road course car, chevy has done a great job with the Z06 and soon to be the ZR1. It will be interesting to see how they fair.
Sigh, spoken like someone who doesn't know how to drive, or drive a viper at least. It's been reiterated time and time again, it's the driver not the car. With a competent driver a viper will absolutely destroy a vette and run with the best from Porsche. It just takes someone with the ***** to really hang it out. Even the guys here with GT2's have said that going for a ride in a viper with a good driver makes their car feel like a tinker toy.

The ACR will ruin any vette on a road course, ZR1 or w/e.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:28 AM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
The SCCA had to limit the previous generation vipers' performance to allow the Z06 to compete against it. I guess they are not that slow on a road course, I know they handle great on the straights!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
Faster then the Z06 yeah, ZR1 doubt it, but then again this is in a straight line, I see the viper failing through the twisties..

Old 12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
osirisvb is infamous around these parts
straight line, the viper wins hands down.

Throw some twisties and some hair pins in there; the vette has got the viper covered whole.

In my opinion the viper and the vette both have their advantages and disadvantages. They both are world class cars capable of different things given their owners setup goal.

Last edited by osirisvb; 12-21-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
You guys who think the viper doesn't handle well need to pull your heads out of your asses.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vicious
Sigh, spoken like someone who doesn't know how to drive, or drive a viper at least. It's been reiterated time and time again, it's the driver not the car. With a competent driver a viper will absolutely destroy a vette and run with the best from Porsche. It just takes someone with the ***** to really hang it out. Even the guys here with GT2's have said that going for a ride in a viper with a good driver makes their car feel like a tinker toy.

The ACR will ruin any vette on a road course, ZR1 or w/e.
I just posted on a GTS ACR that's for sale on this forum. My friend is a professional driver and races at Limerock, has a GTS ACR stock and a 996TT, love's them both but you can't even compare them on the same course!

He took me for a ride in it, and said he drove it at 8/10's, with Toyo RA's the thing blew my mind, I never knew what I viper could do, but it was outstanding! It wouldn't make my GT2 look like a tinker toy, or any other Porsche setup the way this was setup from the factory, but they are def. competition with a competent driver in both!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' viper, 616 rwhp, 135mph in the 1/4.