American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2009 ZR1 ....Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 AM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by greygt3
There is no excuse for the increase in weight. If its the ultimate Vette, then it needs to set the standard in every category.

wow you guys are rough!

gm adds 200lbs of drivetrain to an already very lightweight car and your mad that its not lighter than before?

this is like saying your mad because the 997 gt2 weighs more than the 997 gt3rs! it makes no sense!

wieght light to heavy(aproximations)
z06 -500
gt3 - 430
gt2 - 530
zr1 - 620+
tt - 480
viper - 600
gt500 -500
m6 - 500
sl65 - 600

so which of these cars has the power to wieght ratio stock?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:20 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I must have missed that, and it STILL weighs so much more with that?!? Anyway the original aluminum couldnt be too much heavier, they were flying off :P
the original piece flying off wasn't aluminum

Old 12-21-2007, 11:18 AM
osirisvb is infamous around these parts
my thoughts..

This thing is just perfect in every way; I want this now!

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
HATE the wheels, not a fan of the sideskirts but I can understand maybe it is a function over form for the kinds of speed it may put down, the hood? eh, there is a window Im guessing so you can see the supercharger? seems like they are trying to go 360/430 Ferrari with the engine cover, but it doesnt have the same affect to me seeing it on a front engine car..
this doesn't look bad though:

I really think they should have changed the front end up a little for give it a little different look, from what they will ask from this car, Id want the overall thing to look a little different from the regular Z06

What would make it great? IMO
Ditch the wheels, burn them
Drop the side skirts or some home integrate them more into the car where it is doesn't look so much like a bolt on.
Ditch the hood window, cowl looks cool, get rid of the window.
Something a little different with the front end, starting to look plain imo..

but maybe thats just me..

Last edited by WTRacing; 12-21-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by richtor
wow you guys are rough!

gm adds 200lbs of drivetrain to an already very lightweight car and your mad that its not lighter than before?

this is like saying your mad because the 997 gt2 weighs more than the 997 gt3rs! it makes no sense!

wieght light to heavy(aproximations)
z06 -500
gt3 - 430
gt2 - 530
zr1 - 620+
tt - 480
viper - 600
gt500 -500
m6 - 500
sl65 - 600

so which of these cars has the power to wieght ratio stock?
We aren't rough at all.. This is suppose to be an even MORE HARDCORE Z06, CF roof and Ceramics to DROP WEIGHT, meanwhile they couldn't even keep it near the same as a stock Z06 WITh those lightweight components, it's comical that's for sure!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:38 PM
richtor is infamous around these parts
We aren't rough at all.. This is suppose to be an even MORE HARDCORE Z06, CF roof and Ceramics
to DROP WEIGHT, meanwhile they couldn't even keep it near the same as a stock Z06 WITh those
lightweight components, it's comical that's for sure!

z06 - 3100
zr1 - 3250
gt3 rs - 3030
gt2 - 3175

that looks very logical to me. both gm and porsche added boost to thier top line performance cars.
both added 150lbs in weight. did you think gm could do something that porsche could not?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Eli-3 is infamous around these parts
I'll reserve judgment until seeing one in person.

But my initial reaction was that the Z06 is a prettier car.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Standard is infamous around these parts
needs overhead cams

Old 12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
saintv90 is infamous around these parts
It looks a little to pep boyish. But the engine is all i care about! I'd push it.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:08 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Redridge
one word or two... leafsprings

The system the Vette uses is much lighter and has substantially better longevity than springs. Apparently you are into unsprung weight in your sports cars?

It uses wishbones front and back and begs the question as to why the Porsche uses a Macperson strut up front?

Last edited by SD1; 12-21-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:08 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redridge
one word or two... leafsprings

This right here shows you lack an understanding of the vette's suspension

Old 12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
We aren't rough at all.. This is suppose to be an even MORE HARDCORE Z06, CF roof and Ceramics to DROP WEIGHT, meanwhile they couldn't even keep it near the same as a stock Z06 WITh those lightweight components, it's comical that's for sure!

the original roofs didn't weigh anything, they were abs plastic

Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
LOL you guys are going to be eating your words... Not much of a performer huh...

Well they are putting down OVER 620rwtq to the ground BONE stock, and a little over 600rwhp.

Some of the comments kill me, seriously. Internet babbling at it's finest.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:01 PM
WMP
WMP is infamous around these parts
The styling is subjective; the performance is not. Looks aside, anyone who owns the ZR1 better have a substantial budget for rear tires.

I love the 4-lobe blower icon on the boost gauge, though, and from what I understand this is Eaton's most thermally efficient supercharger to date, approaching turbo-like efficiency numbers.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/Produc.../TVS/index.htm

Originally Posted by Eaton
Eaton’s new Twin Vortices Series (TVS) is a roots-type supercharger for a variety of engine applications that delivers more power and better fuel economy in a smaller package, for uncompromising, high-performance driving.

The TVS supercharger’s patented design features four-lobe rotors and high-flow inlet and outlet ports that greatly enhance thermal efficiency, deliver higher volumetric capacity, and enable higher operating speeds. The TVS supercharger is capable of running with a high thermal efficiency (up to 76 percent) across a very wide operating range.

The improvements incorporated into the TVS design allow for the use of a smaller supercharger, reducing the package size and weight of the system. The sizes range from 350cc to 2300cc per revolution, and cover engines from 0.6 liter up to large displacement V-engines. All TVS superchargers have a 2.4 pressure ratio capability and a thermal efficiency that exceeds 70 percent, which enables more compact packaging and greater output.

The twin four-lobe rotors feature 160-degree twists. The higher helix angle of the rotors coupled with a redesigned inlet and outlet ports, improves the TVS’s air-handling characteristics without increasing the overall size of the unit. The TVS improved noise and vibration characteristics eliminate additional noise-reduction treatments, complexity and system cost.

The TVS sets a new standard of boosting device performance and reaffirms Eaton’s leadership in the performance automotive market.

<A id=back name=back>The TVS product family will consist of the following models:

Old 12-23-2007, 12:57 AM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Darnnnn...better get that pulley, exhaust and tune on the GT

Got to respect Chevy for raising the bar on their products and running with the big boys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 ZR1 ....Your Thoughts