American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2009 ZR1 ....Your Thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 05997S
I beg to differ. The Vette is a very comfortable car. From the description, it sounds as though the magnetic ride control on the ZR1 will make it even better.

From what I have seen, there is a lot more to this car than an LS3 with a supercharger. It has been substantially upgraded to handle the SC.
I think it was that the current LS7 engine walls were too thin, which is why they choose that part of the LS3..... the alloys in the heads are beefier along with the valves...etc. (titanium and stainless). One other upgrade I do happen to like is the smaller dual clutch they will use. So there is no doubt the overall drivetrain engine to rear are excellent. If they could keep that thing closer to 90K (in Viperland....etc), that would be nice. Although heck, the CF rotors probably cost a bit as-it-is.

I will say that I think they have the body "nailed". A step up from the Z06 (that I like alot), and much more. Almost too-bad the overall C6 (base) can't get some of those nice curves.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by richtor
i would have to say the zr1 more like the gt2 and the z06 is the gt3!

both the z06 and gt3 a lightwieght n/a track vehicles. both the zr1 and gt2 are 200lbs heavier forced induction monsters made specifically for huge power!

They need to get some better seats in the Z06 if it is to be compared to a GT3.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I prefer the new Viper.
I prefer a new GT3 over the ZR1, and I prefer the C6Z06 over both of those cars for "bang for the buck".

JMO, of course.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:39 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
They need to get some better seats in the Z06 if it is to be compared to a GT3.

ain't that the truth. While vette seats are great around town and on long road trips. They absolutely suck for spirited driving

Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
The real deal with the seats is that at the production numbers for GM, most never even drive by a track. The are producing for the masses. Hopefully the ZR1 will be improved.

I actually like the GT3/Z06, GT2/ZR1 comparison in an above post. Probably not too far from the truth.

Let me drive it. I'll break it just like the Z

Old 01-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I prefer the new Viper.
Trust me the Corvette is actually better. I have a Viper and I am not impressed with it. Build quality and amenities that is. It surely is a chick magnet though.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by forhamilton
The real deal with the seats is that at the production numbers for GM, most never even drive by a track. The are producing for the masses. Hopefully the ZR1 will be improved.

I actually like the GT3/Z06, GT2/ZR1 comparison in an above post. Probably not too far from the truth.

Let me drive it. I'll break it just like the Z
It looks like they are putting in some decent seats in the '09 CTS-V. All I know is that I have a permanent imprint of my knee in the door speaker grill from 2 HPDE days.

I agree that most people probably will never track their Z - but for those of us that do - they should offer some kind of option.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:03 PM
AMGJax is infamous around these parts
Heck, the standard Z06 pulls on Murci's. This thing is going to be insane. Is it going to put out straight line numbers like a McLaren F1 and cost only $100,000? What do you guys guess the 1/4 mile trap speed will be, 133+ MPH or so? That is sick.

Light mods and you're running 10's all day long at 140 MPH.