American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Super Charging GC SRT-8??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:09 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Senna
Vincent, I have a buddy that had a GC SRT8 and modded it pretty extensively. PM me your contact info for the Cars and Coffee N.W. and I will put you in touch with him.

He is a car nut, pretty focused on Jeeps at the time.
You bet Brian. Thanks.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:59 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Huh
just given you sh*t man. Hard to keep track of you and alll these new whips.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
Don't FXXX with GSM anything! That Blower kit is nothing but a headache.

As far as lowering, Eibach's kit should be released in the next 6-8 weeks.

Mod Wise, best bang for the buck on these trucks is Spray. They can take them. But, if you do go Blower wise, I would stick with ASM or a custom Turbo set up from Torrie on cherokeesrt8.com or Stage VI here in Jax is desperately wanting to do a GC SRT8. (They built Joe's 1700 HP Ford GTTT)

Heres my old Jeep. Boy do I miss this thing. Hands down one of the best vehicles I have owned in an all around aspect. Fast, nice, reliable, luxurious, and stunning! What more could you ask for?!?!?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Nicely done I love that HID conversion and the blackouts. Apparently the tuner market is limited for these cars (which is too bad).
I agree, the power, braking and handling of this car is even better than a some sport cars I 've owned.
With better coilover and 100hp more watch out...

Old 01-15-2008, 12:15 PM
PabloCruz is infamous around these parts
Check www.lxforums.com for some background on superchargers. I know there were some issues with fuel mapping with the some of the early adopters. One user named Obiwan had issues. His was a non-srt, but you should be able to get some background. Haven't kept up with the later versions or vendors for the superchargers.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks. ASM seems to be the cream of the crops for now.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
Vincent,

Were you the one who scooped up the killer black SRT8 deal up in WA, in the classifieds last week? If so, hell of a deal....

Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Either Heffner or Hennessey has a turbo kit for this car. I remember seeing it about a year ago in Car & Driver. It was something sick like 600-700 HP.

I will see if I can find the article.

EDIT: here is the article
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...rt8/index.html

Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
I had Hennessey built me a Viper SRT-10 TT back 2003. It was one of the first in the country. It had no issue whatsoever. But that was then and John's reputation has been in the gutter since.
Heffner doesn't do SRT-8.
I think SC for this car would be a better option since I don't want the internal engine reinforced.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
It i Hennessey who does the turbo kit.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
{TWR}Hawk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by renntech36

Nice looking Vehicle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.