American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Super Charging GC SRT-8??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Super Charging GC SRT-8??

I am kinda new to Mopar. Anyone familiar with modding this thing.
This ASM supercharger kit looks good.

AS&M (Arizona Speed & Marine) Supercharger System, 5.7L & 6.1L SRT-8 Dodge Magnum, Charger & Chrysler 300C (Incl. Jeep SRT-8)
SKU: AS&M-SC-XXX

ASM has developed a HEMI supercharger kit utilizing a Vortech QT supercharger. The kit can be installed on all V8 2005+ Dodge Chargers, Magnums, and Chrysler 300C's and the new Jeep SRT-8 Grand Cherokee.

AS&M took a different approach designing the supercharger system for the HEMI motor because of the way the stock intake manifold is designed. The stock manifold has a tube that extends nearly half way into the manifold from the throttle valve flange. This design does not lend itself to simply installing auxiliary fuel injectors directly behind the throttle valve in the air stream like other supercharger kits. On HEMI motors the stock intake manifold is designed to move air, not air mixed with fuel, so the auxiliary injector design was not an option. Our design eliminates the auxiliary injectors and instead includes eight larger fuel injectors to replace the stock factory units.

ASM has a long standing reputation for exceptional engineering and while this approach cost a little more it's what needs to be done on the HEMI motors in order to get proper fuel distribution and engine reliability.

In addition, the AS&M design provides a large after cooler unit to maintain cooler air inlet air charge and reduce restrictions in the intake system (which further reduces inlet air temperature). The engine mounting brackets are precision CNC machined from billet aluminum and polished to match the supercharger, after-cooler and inlet ductwork. Spark and fuel management system consist of a preprogrammed, plug and play ECU that works with the factory installed ECU to maintain all the manufactures emission and sensor controls.

This system is designed to provide 125HP gain on 91 octane pump gas, and pulls hard through all gears without hesitation. AS&M offers an optional 36 month, 36,000 mile warranty on the engines oil lubricated parts.

NOTE1: Located East of the Mississippi and need a quality installer? Give HHP a call today! Noone knows these vehicles better that our trained and Chrysler certified tech's.
NOTE2: HHP has been working with AS&M and their tuning experts on our inhouse projects, including stroker motors running big boost kits. If you are seriously interested in taking your car well past it's limits, we have tons of experience... we may not feel 100% comfortable doing so but we can take you there.
PRICE: $7,295.00

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-16-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:46 PM
The Pun
I am new to my GC SRT8 and been reading up on another site about them...

Old 01-13-2008, 10:49 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Same here man...
So far hearing headers, Cats, exhaust and BG Stage 2/ Predator ect.ect... But nothing on SC or turbos.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:50 PM
What's a good forum for these cars?
http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/

Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
PALELLA is infamous around these parts
I think the ASM (Arizona Speed & Marine) kit is said to be the best. I did heads, cam, headers, and stall and it's a whole new ride. I had transmission issues and now it's getting a Renntech rebuild.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
What's a good forum for these cars?
http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/
Try srtconnection.com or cherokeesrt8.com also.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by PALELLA
I think the ASM (Arizona Speed & Marine) kit is said to be the best. I did heads, cam, headers, and stall and it's a whole new ride. I had transmission issues and now it's getting a Renntech rebuild.
Yeah I saw videos of the ASM.
How critical is it to get it custom tuned for these mods?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah I saw videos of the ASM.
How critical is it to get it custom tuned for these mods?

I believe the custom tune to be the main contributor to my transmission failing. They removed torque management and that could have possibly caused my dilemma. The stock PCM will adapt to the mods I have but I have been told that it could take up to 1000 miles. I have a 2008 and tuning options are not perfected by any means at all. The 06's and 07's are said to have almost perfected tuning options.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Oh man 08 with blown tranny? Sorry to hear bro.
That's what I was concern most. Serious mods are somewhat worthless without fine tuning.
What's the best PCM flash to get? BG or predator?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Oh man 08 with blown tranny? Sorry to hear bro.
That's what I was concern most. Serious mods are somewhat worthless without fine tuning.
What's the best PCM flash to get? BG or predator?

My answer is biased as I believe the tune to be the cause of my $5000+ tranny issue. They both currently have flaws IMO. The Predator was faulting the AWD functions but is said to be fixed with an update. i plan to try to run the stock tune and see how it adapts. If that doesn't work, I'll gamble on another custom tune.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
My answer is biased as I believe the tune to be the cause of my $5000+ tranny issue. They both currently have flaws IMO. The Predator was faulting the AWD functions but is said to be fixed with an update. i plan to try to run the stock tune and see how it adapts. If that doesn't work, I'll gamble on another custom tune.
You mean dyno tuning?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:34 PM
You mean dyno tuning?

Most likely. That way they can see/feel exactly how the ride will react to the tune. I really don't want to put another 5k into the transmission. I don't mind much when things break, but I hate paying for things more than once. The Renntech tranny should however be bullitproof.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Most likely. That way they can see/feel exactly how the ride will react to the tune. I really don't want to put another 5k into the transmission. I don't mind much when things break, but I hate paying for things more than once. The Renntech tranny should however be bullitproof.
Why Renntech ? What does the rebuilt entails?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Why Renntech ? What does the rebuilt entails?

They are a trustworthy company that deals with higher horsepower/torque applications for Daimler/Chrysler. I am honestly unsure what exactly they change or upgrade but a few other SRT8 owners have used them and had good luck. The fee that they charge is also very reasonable as it's only about $1500 more than what a normal rebuild would cost.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all
I had headers tune and exhaust on mine. It was a beast. I would not touch anything from GSM. Look at ASM if you need forced induction. But for right now the max I would do is heads/cam, headers, tune and exhaust. I don't think anyone has got the tune right with forced induction yet, and it might be awhile.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.