American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

General Lee -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
General Lee -

John Schneider's personal General Lee sold for $450,000.00 at Barrett-Jackson.

Pretty disappointing considering the MonkeeMobile sold for like $360,000.00

The car was given the distinction of most recognizable car in the world. Which I am not entirely sure who gave it this distinction. James Bonds Aston, and Herbie would rate higher I'm sure.

Many will recall that the car received a winning bid of $10 million this past May on Ebay, but the winning bidder claimed someone hacked his eBay account and the car remained unsold.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/10/auto...ion=2007051109

I am sure the economy as a whole and the slight downturn in Muscle Car prices did not help the sale. And I am most certain that John Schneider is pretty disappointed at the price.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 PM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
I don't even think that car was an orginal from the show. I am pretty sure that was a conversion build for him! I may be wrong and would have payed heavily for it myself!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant futureHossfly has a brilliant future
It was an original car from the show, but was beefed up. 700+HP

$450k was a steal.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
It was not an original however, it was used for a "re-make" recently that was on TV. This was not a car from the iconic 80's show.

Also, 10% of the sale went to Cure Autism Now

Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
I thought he said that it was used in the last episode of the original series and had the signatures under the hood from the cast.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:08 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine here in Little Rock has one that was used while filming the original series. It was souped up out in California with one of the original General Lee engines. He bought it a few years ago for next to nothing... I bet he just **** himself. His must be worth a mint. He also has one of the Hazzard County police cars. I want him to let me chase him through Little Rock in the Police Car and get it on video.

www.lostgenerallee.com

Last edited by tblackj; 01-23-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
theres a guy crusin around norcal in one as well, not sure if its original or a replica but he has the huge k40 whip on there too

Last edited by eshaun; 01-23-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by atlshaver
I thought he said that it was used in the last episode of the original series and had the signatures under the hood from the cast.
The final episode he s talking abour is a made forTV movie from 1997.The cat that was still alove signed the hood of the car. This car was not from the TV show.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.