American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

This poor Corvette.......OUCH !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
This poor Corvette.......OUCH !!

Hope its not a repost, but the poor bastard.....man, do your own work !!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1924211

Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
ActionJaxon is infamous around these parts
Oh wow, poor vette indeed. Atleast "CAM" is probably going to loose alot of business now that its on vetteforums.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
**** happens, it's very unfortunate. I think Jeff's offer was fair, it's a shame the poster didn't take it (buy a new used car, most likely w/ less miles....and then he would convert everything from the wrecked car onto the new car and replace any aftermarket parts that weren't fixeable....but the OP took the check from her insurance company, giving them ownership of the car and no one access to those parts).

I have a different look on things then most people. When I leave a car w/ a tuner, or a builder, I ENCOURAGE them to take it home for the weekend, spend some time w/ it. Make sure there are no bugs. The 66' mustang we just finished just spent 3 weeks w/ our mechanic makeing sure everything was tip top.....I tell him, drive your kids to school, take it to the grocery store...beat the **** out of it. Basically drive it how I will.

Jeff is one of the most famous LSX tuners in the country, he's probably tuned and worked on well over 2,000 cars...it's really a shame that an incident like this and a stupid employee of his is going to severely hurt his business.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:38 AM
jnbr19867 is infamous around these parts
So sad. And a expensive lesson for CAM.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
CAM sounds like a top notch guy. Yeah....

Old 01-29-2008, 10:46 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
My greatest nightmare story.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
V12
V12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
My greatest nightmare story.

Totaly agree with you. I had something like this happened to me, but they only ruinned my rims though. It was Dick Smith in SC.

Feel bad for the Vette owner. Hopefully he get all his money back plus pain and suffer.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
she took a check over a month ago....the route she went basically screwed her for getting all her aftermarket stuff off her wrecked car.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 PM
rodney3211 is infamous around these parts
I'd call Johny Cochrane

Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
The owner and mechanic of that shop wouldn't have to worry about paying me back.......I would probably be in jail !

Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
wbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura aboutwbrownie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rodney3211
I'd call Johny Cochrane
If he wasn't dead that would be a good call...

Old 01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
rodney3211 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wbrownie
If he wasn't dead that would be a good call...
It was sarcasm

Old 01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
2fast455 is infamous around these parts
Corvetteforum has turned in nothing more than a bunch of whiny little *****es lately. Insurance company offered to pay value of the car but that wasn't good enough. I love all the posts advising to file theft charges.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:44 PM
osirisvb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2fast455
Corvetteforum has turned in nothing more than a bunch of whiny little *****es lately. Insurance company offered to pay value of the car but that wasn't good enough. I love all the posts advising to file theft charges.
and you think this board is the cream of the crop?

I have yet to see a worse bunch of self indulgent ignorant hypocrites in my life, as i have seen with some of the board members on here.

(note: i said some not all)

Moral of the story: every board is going to have its ups and downs. Deal with it with out making a broad statement of stereotypical accusation.

As for the guy with the vette who lost it all to a led foot mechanic; I hope things work out for him.

Last edited by osirisvb; 02-02-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
shimey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by osirisvb
and you think this board is the cream of the crop?

I have yet to see a worse bunch of self indulgent ignorant hypocrites in my life, as i have seen with some of the board members on here.
Whoa...'ems fightin' words.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This poor Corvette.......OUCH !!