American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Anybody have a sense what the dealer markup will be on the new ZR1?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
wolfturbo is infamous around these partswolfturbo is infamous around these parts
Anybody have a sense what the dealer markup will be on the new ZR1?

Looks like I'm #2 on a dealer's list. We're still working out what my purchase price will be. Anydody have an EDUCATED GUESS what the likely open market premium will be on this beast???

Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
If your dealers not to much of a ***** I would guess +20k. My local dealer won't even take names, told me it's going straight to e-bay. Way to take care of good customers.......

Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Renoir is infamous around these parts
Maybe a bit more than $20k... Ford is getting $10-20K for the GT500 and that's a $46K+ car.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Renoir
Maybe a bit more than $20k... Ford is getting $10-20K for the GT500 and that's a $46K+ car.

and at one point they were getting 80K+ on the FGT's

Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
335_II is infamous around these parts
Im guessing around 40k

Ive been #1 at my dealer for over a year....Im paying 7500 over

Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 AM
Vindication is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 335_II
Im guessing around 40k

Ive been #1 at my dealer for over a year....Im paying 7500 over
If you pay 7500 over sticker you are getting a gift.

I've read dealership have already gone with the "Save 800k on the ZR1 here"
(for those who don't know the first ZR1 was sold for a million dollars)

So from that I would guess they are trying to sell their ZR1s for 200k making it 100k over sticker. I'm guessing probably 50-75k over. 100k might be a lot but who f-en knows.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:19 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Man why would you want to pay anything over? Its basically a Z06 with some cool brakes and a supercharger! If you look at my profile you will see I love vettes and have a Ford GT as well, but I refused to pay over msrp for the GT and I waited a few months and bought my GT for 13k UNDER MSRP! Z06's brought a premium for a few months and now you can buy them 10k under msrp. I wouldn't pay a premium for a vette as they never hold the money for very long and will be getting discounted within the first year IMO.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Man why would you want to pay anything over? Its basically a Z06 with some cool brakes and a supercharger! If you look at my profile you will see I love vettes and have a Ford GT as well, but I refused to pay over msrp for the GT and I waited a few months and bought my GT for 13k UNDER MSRP! Z06's brought a premium for a few months and now you can buy them 10k under msrp. I wouldn't pay a premium for a vette as they never hold the money for very long and will be getting discounted within the first year IMO.

Jamie, you are 110% correct !! There is NFW I would EVER pay 1 cent over MSRP for any car, period. My friend bought a Ford GT for 324,000.00 when they first came out, just plain stupid. Hell for 200K i'm going to Lingerfelter for the twin turbo.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 AM
TMC CL65 is a jewel in the roughTMC CL65 is a jewel in the roughTMC CL65 is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately, there will be people bidding up the price on the ZR-1. I am sure people who "must have" the first one could pay considerably more than $50K over. I am sure dealers will throw some ridiculous number out there just see if one of these people will bite. Then that absurd # becomes the asking price for everyone.

Tom

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
richtor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vindication
(for those who don't know the first ZR1 was sold for a million dollars)
and the first gt500 sold for $600k

the 1st 3 months will just be a bidding war. after that i believe the normal mrsp + price will be 10-20k over. about double what the c6 zo6 was getting after the first couple months.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DERBOOST
Jamie, you are 110% correct !! There is NFW I would EVER pay 1 cent over MSRP for any car, period. My friend bought a Ford GT for 324,000.00 when they first came out, just plain stupid. Hell for 200K i'm going to Lingerfelter for the twin turbo.

Derboost looks like we have similar tastes in cars as well as opinions!
But there seems to be a lot of people with that (easy money) that they didn't have to work to hard to get, so for them it doesn't matter? Then there are guys like myself who had to work hard for everything they get and I don't think they will pay over, I know I wouldn't! You guys remember the first ZR1's don't you?

Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by jamie furman
You guys remember the first ZR1's don't you?

thats exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote my post......... The big problem for me is that I owned a race shop for 20+ years,I know what it takes to build stuff. for 100k the vette is a good deal value wise, it has nice parts and is a good car, but for 200K its a joke, yes it goes like hell but the quality just is not there. It's a super 100,000 dollar car, it is in no way a 200,000.00 car.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 PM
PDX120 is infamous around these parts
Jamie, you would drive that ZR-1, look at your GT and be like "WTF did I buy this Chevy for?"...I agree 100% on the fit and finish of a Vette. It's got the muscle, but when you're breaking 6 figures on a car it's got to be something more than the US dollar being weak. Granted I've never seen the ZR-1 in person, but, it sure seems like you could snag a z06 and make your own for about $80k less than a $200k price tag.

Oh and DERBOOST about your dealer going straight to Ebay...yeah, well that's some loyalty right there, and I would expect that from any dealer that had the option.

To Vindication. $7,500 is a steal...and I'm sure that's backed up by a first right of refusal on resale.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by PDX120
Jamie, you would drive that ZR-1, look at your GT and be like "WTF did I buy this Chevy for?"...I agree 100% on the fit and finish of a Vette. It's got the muscle, but when you're breaking 6 figures on a car it's got to be something more than the US dollar being weak. Granted I've never seen the ZR-1 in person, but, it sure seems like you could snag a z06 and make your own for about $80k less than a $200k price tag.

Oh and DERBOOST about your dealer going straight to Ebay...yeah, well that's some loyalty right there, and I would expect that from any dealer that had the option.

To Vindication. $7,500 is a steal...and I'm sure that's backed up by a first right of refusal on resale.
I don't fully agree with the fit and finish of the chevy being bad, I actually think its good! Its just the quality of the material they use in the interior is not up to par with cars of equal value. And I don't have a problem with dealers getting as much as they can either especially in these lean times for us automakers, but the fact is there wouldn't be any price gouging if someone wasn't standing there ready to hand them as much cash as they ask for. And like I said in another thread, how much better can a ZR1 be than the 75k Z06? If at all?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:12 PM
sealbeach1 is infamous around these parts
Hey Jamie,

How about posting some pic's of your 66' SS Chevelle?
Which happens to be my all time favorite Chevy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a sense what the dealer markup will be on the new ZR1?